What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Still No Payment. (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
I started a thread about this a few weeks ago that eventually got locked, so I'll summarize my situation again. I won my Fantasy Football Championship this past-year and was supposed to be sent $300 via PayPal.

The last I heard from the Commissioner was on December 27th, 2013 (about 1.5 months ago),

"Payments will be semt out early next week."

This guy runs multiple leagues and this very league I play in has been going on for several years without incident. I won this league last year and received a prompt payment.

I have the following information about this guy:

First and Last Name

Address

E-Mail Address (therefore, PayPal account)

With this information, I have found him on Facebook (which confirms his identity) and the following information:

The name of the company where he works.

The likely location of his work.

Two potential phone numbers.
His wife's First and Last Name.

Picture of him and his wife.

Likely profession and location of his wife's work.

High School where his daughter attends.

-

This guy's house is 47 minutes away from mine (that's really complete coincidence) and his work is 56 minutes away from mine. I assume if I probed a little bit more, I could probably get his phone number (either work or personal) by calling up his work and asking for it. He's the "Quality Assurance" manager, so it's probably not atypical for people to ask for it.

What's the worst thing that would happen if I proceeded to spam the hell out of this guy's work? ...personal number? ...etc? If anything, I am trying to collect an unpaid debt and there's damning evidence that this was the agreement upon winning the league.

What's my best angle here? File a lawsuit? I can send a summons to both his home + work. Call him? Contact him on Facebook? Contact his wife on Facebook? ...etc?

first thing I thought of was MOX - misfits and outlaws league

sucks but playing on innernet without league safe is just a no-no
I mean, I am fully under the impression I may not get my money. But surely I can have fun at his expense under the guise of "attempting to claim a gambling debt", no? What's he going to tell the police?

"Some random person I've had no association with whatsoever decided to randomly harass me and my family."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just start leaving him messages, first on league message boards and email. Then on his phone, then work phone. Just ask when he intends to pay.

If no replies, let him know you are 'happy to meet him at home or work to pickup the money', just let him know when is convenient. All this should let him know you are serious about pursuing it.

What efforts have you made to contact him since late December?
Multiple posts on the League site (Yahoo) and an E-Mail. I texted the number I believed to be his but to no response. I'm thinking of taking this very simple and sending him a message on Facebook:

"Craig,

I won one of the league's you hosted this previously Football season and I have not received payment yet. I am owed $300 and hope this was a simple oversight on your part. You can contact me at the following phone number:

###-###-####

Thanks,

##########"

I then plan to let that sit for a week. I don't even know if he checks his Facebook. Failure to respond to that message will prompt me to contact his wife with a courteous E-MAIL letting her know what a sack of #### her husband is. Hopefully she will give me her husband's phone number or nag him into paying me back the $300 he owes me.

If that fails, I will then contact his work and ask for Mr. "Last Name". Hopefully I can catch him during work and really turn his world upside down. If he's unavailable, I will ask them to provide the best number in which to reach him.

If he doesn't respond to this, I will show up on his doorstep inquiring about my payment. I figure after a sufficient amount of invasion of privacy, he'll give in and pay up.

(I'm champion in this league, two-years running.)

Last edited by a moderator:
If he doesn't respond to this, I will show up on his doorstep inquiring about my payment. I figure after a sufficient amount of invasion of privacy, he'll give in and pay up.
This. Go to his front door at the most likely time that he and his entire family are home. Maybe you will meet his wife, and you can explain the situation to her as well. Tell him you aren't leaving until he gets the $300. He'll get the message real quick.

This. Go to his front door at the most likely time that he and his entire family are home. Maybe you will meet his wife, and you can explain the situation to her as well. Tell him you aren't leaving until he gets the $300. He'll get the message real quick.
I should find a black guy to bring with me, lol.

I would think harassment probably isn't the way to go, but could be fun if kept legal.

Does anyone in the league know him? Send another email. He may literally not check the site, so messages there might be fruitless.

But really, and sorry to sound like a jerk, but paying money for a league when you dont know the person at all is a bad idea if not using some way of assuring payment.

I am in a couple leagues where if the league just up and folded and the commish kept my money, I would just consider it a loss and move on.

I'm in an opposite boat, a guy won $100 in my league and I haven't been able to pay him... his paypal was rejected and hasn't responded to 2 of my emails. I'm renewing the league soon and figure I'll get a hold of him then but its quite weird he didn't come knocking for his winnings.

I wouldn't do this if I were you. Next thing you know someone will be linking your obituary on the boards because the guy viewed you as an unwelcome and unwanted threat to his family. Remember Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman? I am not saying don't try to collect but just don't show up at his doorstep to his home uninvited. His work is a different story.

:goodposting:

I wouldn't do this if I were you. Next thing you know someone will be linking your obituary on the boards because the guy viewed you as an unwelcome and unwanted threat to his family. Remember Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman? I am not saying don't try to collect but just don't show up at his doorstep to his home uninvited. His work is a different story.
If Em's life turned out like Tavon Martin, wow.

He could wake up dead if he does that. I can't think of a dumber thing to do than that.

I wouldn't get personal. Just keep asking for your $300, and even give him a chance to collect it for you. You might not need a trip to the house. Just call, mention the league and winnings, ask when you can arrange to pick it up. If the next email is his wife's, do the same. Just mention who you are, and the best way to get ahold of him, since he's not responding to Facebook, etc. If the next contact is calling him at work, most people would probably do what they can to quickly solve the issue. But no need to get personal, or angry, esp when the end game is to simply get your payment.

You can also see about emailing the rest of the league and if they now how to reach him. I am sure they would be interested in knowing about non-payment when 2014 rolls around.

You sound scarily obsessive. I know $300 bucks is something to be angry about, but the lengths you are planning to go to are a bit much.

Outing him to the rest of the league, and possibly very politely letting the wife know "he should do the right thing," along with weekly

followup calls/ texts/ emails etc should be your plan. Worst case scenario should not be a court case, it should be an expensive lesson not using

a guaranteed method if your not friends with the commissioner.

JohnnyU said:
buck naked said:
Eminence said:
Griffindor said:
He could wake up dead if he does that. I can't think of a dumber thing to do than that.
I could think of about 25 dumber things. I could list them for you while I'm counting my $300 on my trip home.

Multiple posts on the League site (Yahoo) and an E-Mail. I texted the number I believed to be his but to no response. I'm thinking of taking this very simple and sending him a message on Facebook:

"Craig,

I won one of the league's you hosted this previously Football season and I have not received payment yet. I am owed $300 and hope this was a simple oversight on your part. You can contact me at the following phone number:

###-###-####

Thanks,

##########"

I then plan to let that sit for a week. I don't even know if he checks his Facebook. Failure to respond to that message will prompt me to contact his wife with a courteous E-MAIL letting her know what a sack of #### her husband is. Hopefully she will give me her husband's phone number or nag him into paying me back the $300 he owes me.

If that fails, I will then contact his work and ask for Mr. "Last Name". Hopefully I can catch him during work and really turn his world upside down. If he's unavailable, I will ask them to provide the best number in which to reach him.

(I'm champion in this league, two-years running.)
I suggest this - except for the showing up on his doorstep, as was previously (and smartly) mentioned.

Guy posted on the league page today saying he's going to pay early next week. Score! Hopefully my Facebook message was what caused this. :)

first thing I thought of was MOX - misfits and outlaws league

sucks but playing on innernet without league safe is just a no-no
I got out of his leagues about 3 years ago after it took me 2 months to get my winnings. I take it he went one step further than just being late in the leagues he was running?

A few years ago I won a winner take all league 12x$100 with no response and eventully getting some reponse about a flood (was thinking New Orleans but it was just his basement). Around April I found what seemed to be his home phone after a dedicated internet sweep while hoping his published league name wasn't fake and called and got who I think was his mom. She said she didn't know anything about leagues but would check. I got my payment a few days later. Last time I'll ever join a "random online" league for sure ... but got very lucky in this case!

Jacob G. said:
Keep us posted. This is so entertaining.
"It's alright my friend, when do you think you'll be able to send the money?" - Me

"Give me your address and ill get it out Monday." - Him

"##############@gmail.com" - Me

"I don't have anything in my paypal, I can send you a check on Monday or paypal you later in the week after I transfer funds." - Him

"### ####### ####, Bourbonnais, Illinois" - Me

...so hopefully a check comes this week.

Users who are viewing this thread