What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** Prospects and Mid-Season Callup Thread (1 Viewer)

Well, we're talking about the Indians here.  So later rather than sooner, probably.
Tito's patient with vets, but he isn't with kids.  The team needs to determine how much they're selling this month and this offense isn't going to cut it.  Not saying Bradley's gonna come up and be a solution, but unlike what's currently there he might.  So give him a few weeks, see what sorta impact he has, then re-assess around the AS break.

The Yandy trade is often cited, but it's also looking like that Leonys Martin trade was a mistake.  The guy traded for him is slashing 349/426/527.  People around here can't wait to get rid of Kipnis, but they can't because there isn't an alternative - only there was one 11 months ago. Thanks for that one.

Tito's patient with vets, but he isn't with kids.  The team needs to determine how much they're selling this month and this offense isn't going to cut it.  Not saying Bradley's gonna come up and be a solution, but unlike what's currently there he might.  So give him a few weeks, see what sorta impact he has, then re-assess around the AS break.

The Yandy trade is often cited, but it's also looking like that Leonys Martin trade was a mistake.  The guy traded for him is slashing 349/426/527.  People around here can't wait to get rid of Kipnis, but they can't because there isn't an alternative - only there was one 11 months ago. Thanks for that one.
Don't get me started....lol.  It's amazing how pristine the local media portrays ownership, front office , and manager compared to the other franchises here over the years.  

The Phillies called up Adam Haseley to replace Cutch in center.  He has a good draft pedigree (1.08 in 2017) for what it's worth.  He put up decent but uninspiring numbers at AA and has only  27 PAs in AAA.  He hasn't shown much power or speed but he just turned 23 and maybe there's a leap in there somewhere.

It remains to be seen if Haseley will be any better than Nick Williams or Altherr or Quinn.  Odubel Herrera's administrative leave was just extended two more weeks.

This OF looked pretty decent two months ago.

Curious if we're about to see a Bobby Bradley call-up.  Bats have been an issue all season and whatever happened in Boston stayed there as they only scored 10 runs in 4 games in Chicago over the weekend.  Bradley will come with a pile of K's, but 285/355/606 with 8 bombs in the last 12 while Bauers is now 216/311/341 and is just 7-47 over that same timeframe.
Bradley is just 23 but his prospect star is fading. Not sure why they wouldn’t give him a shot based on what they are currently rolling out there, but the Indians are a strange outfit. He has 2200 minor league at bats with a mid 800s OPS, might as well give him a shot. :shrug:  

Danny Jansen looks to be finally coming around. Not worth picking up yet but he's worth watching IMO - was surely dropped in every league but he was hailed as a borderline top ten catcher to start the year and like I say, he's finally starting to hit the ball hard. 

Northern Voice said:
Pittsburgh has to call Mitch Keller back up this week with Kingham DFA and Lyles on the IL, right? 
He’s pitching today.  Very tough matchup for the kid.  Last outing he settled down very nicely after a horrendous first inning.

Cavan Biggio is hitting .418/.522/.636 in AAA (he's who I was really checking out when I posted Travis Snider's numbers). I pulled the trigger on him in the last league he wasn't owned so I'm willing to post now. He was 26/20 last year in AA  and the power is looking more real. The OBP has been there from the start.

------

He's never been a "top" prospect and Keith Law hates him but his age, production, opportunity and the Jays current situation all seem like he should be there soon, especially now that Vlad is up and the next wave is here. Probably a better fantasy player than real life but that's what we care about, right?
Biggio has his second 2 HR night in the last 5 games. Up to 233/378/517 and has 4 starts in the outfield, so in Yahoo leagues, he should pick up eligibility there in the next week. His upside might be better than I gave credit for, he has an awesome eye for the plate and really drives the ball.

Zach Collins gets the call from the White Sox.  He's a three-true outcomes catcher who might be usable in deep OBP leagues if he can show some power in the big leagues.  He's supposedly not a great receiver and has struggled against LHP in the minors so his upside is pretty limited.

Zach Collins gets the call from the White Sox.  He's a three-true outcomes catcher who might be usable in deep OBP leagues if he can show some power in the big leagues.  He's supposedly not a great receiver and has struggled against LHP in the minors so his upside is pretty limited.
He might even get some DH ABs so definitely worth a look for those strapped at C(which is just about everyone). 

Miami calling up Zac Gallen to start tomorrow.

Was never a big prospect but he’s been arguably the best pitcher in AAA this season with a 9-1 record, 1.77 ERA, 11.04 K/9 and 1.68 BB/9. A bit homer-prone but Marlins Park will help with that. Not overpowering but he has 3 solid pitches and good command. More of a high floor, low ceiling type.

Some usually informed Toronto sources think Bo Bichette comes up in the next month or so. I'm not sure what benefit it does anyone but since he has 5 RBI in Buffalo today, I'll throw it out there.

Some usually informed Toronto sources think Bo Bichette comes up in the next month or so. I'm not sure what benefit it does anyone but since he has 5 RBI in Buffalo today, I'll throw it out there.
Yeah, that would be odd to give up a year of team control to have him play meaningless games. Not like he’s lit the high minors on fire either, although today’s outburst raised his OPS about 70 points.

Enyel De Los Santos is making a spot start for the Phillies today.  He's been a little iffy so far in the majors but has been great in AAA (over 1 K per inning , about a 3 ERA, etc.).  He's only 23 and could be something if he puts it all together.

Not official yet, but the Bobby Bradley promotion seems imminent today. Leonys Martin was dfa'd and yesterday's spot starter isn't needed anymore. 

had a feeling that all 3 2nd-geners would be brought up together in May until Bo got hurt, but i wouldnt be surprised if they dont rush Bichette now because Galvis & Sogard have been the gamest Jays this season and they might not want to insult that with nothing to play for. Bichette has too high a ceiling not to want to try him @ his chosen position and they've already slid Gurriel & Biggio to the OF.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's one big difference between Bichette and Gurriel and Biggio.  The former is 21, the latter are 25 and 24.  There's no age motivation to manipulate Lourdes and Cavan's timeline. Then I think back to what this team did with Vlad (then, 19) last year and I think it's more likely they don't bring up Bo this year.  He may have been able to force their hand if he came out on a tear, but with the injury by the time he could be on a tear it'll be into the second half of the season and this team is already dead now.  So instead of getting him to the show I can see this group making a business decision with Bo like they did last year - and the beginning of this season - with Vlad.  Would love to be wrong if he earns the promotion over the next month though.

One for the future.  The Yankees signed 16 year old Dominican OF Jasson Dominguez to a $5.1M bonus.

Kevin Maitan is hitting .211 in the Midwest League.

Danny Jansen looks to be finally coming around. Not worth picking up yet but he's worth watching IMO - was surely dropped in every league but he was hailed as a borderline top ten catcher to start the year and like I say, he's finally starting to hit the ball hard. 
291/339/556 since this post :clap:   4 HR in last 6 games.

Former #5 overall pick in 2011 Bubba Starling finally gets the call from the Royals.  He was a prospect a long time ago but struggled to develop the skills to match his tools.  He'll turn 27 in a few weeks so his upside is limited.  But it has to be gratifying for him to reach the big leagues after nearly 2800 minor league PAs.

Former #5 overall pick in 2011 Bubba Starling finally gets the call from the Royals.  He was a prospect a long time ago but struggled to develop the skills to match his tools.  He'll turn 27 in a few weeks so his upside is limited.  But it has to be gratifying for him to reach the big leagues after nearly 2800 minor league PAs.
i had him in dynasty in a league i aint been in in 5 yrs

Yeah, that would be odd to give up a year of team control to have him play meaningless games. Not like he’s lit the high minors on fire either, although today’s outburst raised his OPS about 70 points.

had a feeling that all 3 2nd-geners would be brought up together in May until Bo got hurt, but i wouldnt be surprised if they dont rush Bichette now because Galvis & Sogard have been the gamest Jays this season and they might not want to insult that with nothing to play for. Bichette has too high a ceiling not to want to try him @ his chosen position and they've already slid Gurriel & Biggio to the OF.

There's one big difference between Bichette and Gurriel and Biggio.  The former is 21, the latter are 25 and 24.  There's no age motivation to manipulate Lourdes and Cavan's timeline. Then I think back to what this team did with Vlad (then, 19) last year and I think it's more likely they don't bring up Bo this year.  He may have been able to force their hand if he came out on a tear, but with the injury by the time he could be on a tear it'll be into the second half of the season and this team is already dead now.  So instead of getting him to the show I can see this group making a business decision with Bo like they did last year - and the beginning of this season - with Vlad.  Would love to be wrong if he earns the promotion over the next month though.
I told you all so...

Bichette up. 

The Tigers called up 24-year old OF Travis Demeritte who was acquired from Atlanta in the Shane Greene trade.  He was a late first round pick by the Rangers in 2013 but his hit tool kept him from cracking top 100 prospects lists.

Stop me if you've heard this one before but he has power and contact issues (30% SO%).  The latter will probably keep him a liability in AVG leagues but he can take a walk.  Take 2019 AAA stat lines with a grain of salt but he has an .944 OPS this year in the International League.

The Tigers called up 24-year old OF Travis Demeritte... but his hit tool kept him from cracking top 100 prospects lists.

Stop me if you've heard this one before but he has power and contact issues (30% SO%).  The latter will probably keep him a liability in AVG leagues but he can take a walk.  
No worries, once it’s more certain the hit tool won’t play, Toronto will trade a decent piece at the deadline for him to join  McKinney, Teoscar, Drury, Grichuk and Fisher

Anyone think Willie Calhoun is a good buy right now in dynasties?  Haven't seen/heard much of him this year and just realized his numbers aren't all that bad this time around.

Anyone think Willie Calhoun is a good buy right now in dynasties?  Haven't seen/heard much of him this year and just realized his numbers aren't all that bad this time around.
aint sold yet, but i'm buying where i can. because he's smallish, i thought he'd hit his ceiling in the show, but he's coming around. he was a machine in the Dodger org

I don't know where Aristides Aquino's AVG will level out at after BABIP normalizes and the league figures out how to pitch to him but his power seems legit.

I don't know where Aristides Aquino's AVG will level out at after BABIP normalizes and the league figures out how to pitch to him but his power seems legit.
He reminds me of a thinner Franmil Reyes.  Pretty big boy with a huge swing and a lot of swing and miss, but he's shown an ability to square it and punish it.  If he's going to survive as a corner OF with that many K's (and probably not many walks), he probably needs to slug .500 to win the job... which he might.

Eephus said:
Another bomb tonight, thx for heads up grabbed him this am need a late season lottery ticket

Josh Rojas (Diamondbacks) and Randy Arozarena (Cardinals) both up - playing time seems unclear for both but also both could provide some speed down the stretch off the wire. 

Rojas more interesting IMO because he can play all over the diamond which bodes well for finding PT and has 12% BB rate and 15% K rate with 33 SBs 23 HRs, .400+ OBP in the minors, he was never really regarded as much of a prospect though. 

Users who are viewing this thread