What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peaky Blinders -BBC Miniseries (1 Viewer)

northern exposure

Footballguy
Has anybody seen the 6 episode series called Peaky Blinders? It stars Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill and IMDB describes it as "A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/

Wife and I just finished watching season one and I now see there will be a Season 2 with Tom Hardy joining the cast. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2559591/Tom-Hardy-joins-cast-BBC-Peaky-Blinders.html :thumbup:

The show has a Boardwalk Empire feel to it due partly to the time it is set. Some of the accents are a bit tough to figure at times, but overall we really enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the first episode of Peaky Blinders. I'm usually a little lenient with first episodes, given that they have to introduce all the characters, but this was seamlessly done. Love Sam Neill's character. Looking forward to the rest.

I'm all in on this. I really like the characters and the setting. I liked season one a little better than two. I have some issues with the direction of the show with the Churchill and the King using the Peaky Blinders. I did like the Jew in season 2.

Has to be the worst title of a series, movie, show, etc of all time. Just awful.
yeah, pretty lame to name it after the non fictional gang that the show revolves around. Perhaps if you could see the title with regular eyes instead of irish eyes you would like it better :shrug:

I'm 2 episodes into the 2nd season, and I'm really enjoying it. Also, watching it with subtitles on is the way to go.

I had been somewhat interested in this and finally gave it a try. I Binge-watched both the first and second seasons. Loved it. The accents are a bit tough at times, but I got used to it as I continued to watch. I did have to rewind a time or two to get some dialogue. The acting and scenery is top-notch. I am totally "in" whenever the 3rd season becomes available. Highly recommended.

started watching when I was exercising but couldn't make out what he was saying. too much noise, too much accent. gonna start it soon on the HT.

started watching when I was exercising but couldn't make out what he was saying. too much noise, too much accent. gonna start it soon on the HT.
I watched with subtitles. They give song names too which is cool.

Just finished - nice soundtrack too.

I watched with subtitles so I didn't have to listen so closely, but it wasn't that bad on the accents.

I'm all in on this. I really like the characters and the setting. I liked season one a little better than two. I have some issues with the direction of the show with the Churchill and the King using the Peaky Blinders. I did like the Jew in season 2.
Best character in the show - the jew guy. Weird cool when he was telling the seder story in that hard accent.

Best character in the show - the jew guy. Weird cool when he was telling the seder story in that hard accent.
That's Tom Hardy...dude is Mr. Everything. Best actor on the market right now.

One episode left to watch. Rounding up Thomas' family in the last episode was intense. Very Godfather-esque.

Really no complaints with this show, it's so well done. Sam Neill is incredible in it, as is pretty much everyone involved.

When will season 3 come out?

Incredible ending. Wasn't sure how Thomas was getting out of that. Can't wait for season 3.

That's Tom Hardy...dude is Mr. Everything. Best actor on the market right now.
Just watched the episode he showed up in - nothing that guy can't do.

Questions after last episode. major spoilers inside.

Where did I miss the motivation for the jewish mafia to deal with peaky again? It couldn't have been the bookie trade? And why is the deal in rum, thought they were moving whiskey. Small point, but was this a writing oversight?

Why is this bookie trade so lucrative that the government wouldn't just run it themselves?

Why fire 3 shots when shooting the field marshall?

Where did his horse finish?

1 Episode into Season 2. Question about Inspector Chester Campbell.

How does he come out of getting shot by Grace at almost point-blank range with a leg wound? I was a little disappointed to see him back. :shrug:
valid question, there are some pretty wild leaps of logic here.

How does he come out of getting shot by Grace at almost point-blank range with a leg wound? I was a little disappointed to see him back. :shrug:

Well, it is a tv show. :shrug:

I can think of several leaps of logic in Breaking Bad. Sometimes you just have to accept the failed logic as it is.

I'm a couple episodes into Season 2. Good stuff so far. I'm going to try to knock out the remaining 4 episodes before starting House of Cards Season 3 this weekend.

I can think of several leaps of logic in Breaking Bad. Sometimes you just have to accept the failed logic as it is.
I get that, and it's not a big deal. Just wish they would have handled it a little differently/went a different way.

I'm still enjoying the series.
Not sure Grace would want to kill him.

I get that, and it's not a big deal. Just wish they would have handled it a little differently/went a different way.

I'm still enjoying the series.
She's a woman, not many things that she can do right as it is... :shrug:

When they shot the last episode of season1 did they know a season2 was in the works? That may explain it. maybe they thought that was the end of it.

When they shot the last episode of season1 did they know a season2 was in the works? That may explain it. maybe they thought that was the end of it.
I was thinking that too.

I'm glad they didn't kill him off at the end of season 1. I liked Sam Neill in his role.

Do we need spoilers?

Users who are viewing this thread