Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
northern exposure

Peaky Blinders -BBC Miniseries

2 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Netflix will have it then, the season starts on BBC August 25th so those of us with IPTV can watch it on the bbc network.

I assume this doesn't cover BBC America

49 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I assume this doesn't cover BBC America

:shrug: MAGA

1 hour ago, tommyGunZ said:

New season just arrived on Netflix. ūüćŅ

About freaking time.  Will have to rewatch season 4 its been so long.

Only 2 episodes in and wow - show has actually gotten better. 

The Wizard by Black Sabbath in Episode 1 was unexpected & surprising. Production, filming, sound track all top notch.

Just so well done - and already bummed this season is only 6 episodes and almost over.

Watched ep1 last night. So good. 

Cillian Murphy with a spectacular performance to start Season 5.

13 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

kind of feels like the reason that IDLES was created was to be able to have a song in this show.

My bat signal went off... Only 2 or 3 in and haven't heard them yet.

I guess I'm the only one finding these first couple episodes goofily overwrought, with way too many slow motion scenes of some combination of family members walking side by side trying to look tough/confident with smoke and fancy lighting and a backdrop of aggressive postpunk/blues/rock. And poor, heavy handed writing for dialogue and action. really not liking the direction choices so far. The last bit of what I watched seemed to get back on track a bit, some hopefully it gets better and less distractingly overdone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I guess I'm the only one finding these first couple episodes goofily overwrought, with way too many slow motion scenes of some combination of family members walking side by side trying to look tough/confident with smoke and fancy lighting and a backdrop of aggressive postpunk/blues/rock. And poor, heavy handed writing for dialogue and action. really not liking the direction choices so far. The last bit of what I watched seemed to get back on track a bit, some hopefully it gets better and less distractingly overdone.

You're not alone. I'm a couple of episodes in as well and I'm not sure if it's the quality of this season that's the problem or if I'm just getting tired of it. I'll finish the season of course but something is off for me right now. 

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

totally agree.  way too stylized.

and you'll get there at the end.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, El Floppo said:

Agreed.  Episode 6 was excellent, though.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

totally agree.  way too stylized.

and you'll get there at the end.

There's a scene where Arthur is shooting a giant gun around. IDLES are in the background for that...but not so obvious.

14 hours ago, El Floppo said:

There's a scene where Arthur is shooting a giant gun around. IDLES are in the background for that...but not so obvious.

i  remember at least 2, and according to the playlist on spotify, there are 3...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4AZyrOESvR5OfT1Y2F3h6D?si=xxkucKXeQ7aMv93IYjb7Ag

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

i  remember at least 2, and according to the playlist on spotify, there are 3...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4AZyrOESvR5OfT1Y2F3h6D?si=xxkucKXeQ7aMv93IYjb7Ag

Scum and never fight a man with a perm during the rally, ep 6.

The Arthur gun thing was ep 4 or so...and much less obvious.

Looking forward to Arthur meeting his demise someday.  Getting tired of him.

Glad to see Alfie back, even if it is a little far fetched.  

I was disappointed in the season finale.  How could Tommy be surprised the assassination of the fascist went sideways?  He pretty much advertised it in all the papers.  I was thinking the plan he told everyone wasn't actually "the plan".  So I guess the twist was that there wasn't a twist at all.  :shrug:  

• Love 1

9 hours ago, WDIK2 said:

Looking forward to Arthur meeting his demise someday.  Getting tired of him.

Hide contents

Glad to see Alfie back, even if it is a little far fetched.  

I was disappointed in the season finale.  How could Tommy be surprised the assassination of the fascist went sideways?  He pretty much advertised it in all the papers.  I was thinking the plan he told everyone wasn't actually "the plan".  So I guess the twist was that there wasn't a twist at all.  :shrug:  

The youngest brother scene with soccer guy was so badly deux ex machina-ed and thrown in there. As well as the sniper waiting for.... Dunno. Was he supposed to wait that long for a signal?

The scene with Tom Hardy could've taken up the entire episode, imo. Best character going and I don't care how they brought him back. Loved it.

I liked this one a little better, probably because of that scene. And IDLES.

who gave them up? Soccer guy as depicted? Michael's option B? Polly wenta crackers? Tom Hardy?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

The youngest brother scene with soccer guy was so badly deux ex machina-ed and thrown in there. As well as the sniper waiting for.... Dunno. Was he supposed to wait that long for a signal?

The scene with Tom Hardy could've taken up the entire episode, imo. Best character going and I don't care how they brought him back. Loved it.

Hide contents

who gave them up? Soccer guy as depicted? Michael's option B? Polly wenta crackers? Tom Hardy?

Nobody knows!

39 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Hide contents

Yes, I would much rather listen to Alfie dialogue than have to go through more of Arthur and his marital/anger issues.  I'm sure that's not over.  Was really hoping Tommy was going to be a split second late saving Arthur on the bridge, but Polly had to pull an Annie Oakley from 40 yards with a derringer.

They set it up like soccer guy ratted them out, but he could have just been making a call for hookers or more blow after getting that fat stack.

Finished last night after a month long break between ep4 and 5. Somewhere along the lines it became a struggle for me to want to watch. Sad :( . Was so excited for these season.  I was all in episode 1 then it lost me.  Agree with most of the above. 

Ep6 was good , despite some minor disappointments. I'll still check out the new season to see how this goes from here.

Arthur is ANNOYING! 

GIna is ANNOYING and her appearance is distracting.

Hope Aberama enjoyed his 1 family meeting.  (Or maybe he's not really dead either)

Hook me up for an hour with Tommy/Alfie just shooting the #### and I'm in.

Edited by falguy
fix spoilers
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, shuke said:

Agreed.  Episode 6 was excellent, though.

Yep.  1st episode and last episode were definitely the best. 

Still a great show but some of it seemed somewhat forced in the middle.