What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BBAPL Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

13th pick to 14th pick for me.... meh.

On the plus side, it makes me dig deeper into the secondary RB market... At this point in the season I look at it as an advantage to start with a top 5 RB with all the questions, RB supposedly getting bigger slices of pie, some back from INJ, etc later on...

Drafting a top 5 RB then collecting all the value that falls to the 2-3 turn is just too easy..... The rest of us will be doing the real work. ;)

One pick away but I am not sure I will be able to post and PM from work. Once the ref makes his pick, feel free to put me down for Calvin Johnson or Jimmy Graham (in that order).

One pick away but I am not sure I will be able to post and PM from work. Once the ref makes his pick, feel free to put me down for Calvin Johnson or Jimmy Graham (in that order).
nice work thinking ahead... and obviously good picks.

nice work thinking ahead... and obviously good picks.
Yeah.. also good to PM picks ahead to the a few other drafters... You pretty much shot any chances of Graham falling to me at 1.14 now ; )

BTW - ppl can usually PM me picks during the week.. Especially overnight, I'm back online at 8am to catch up.

Sorry about lack of clarity on starting lineups. See below. I've also posted in the first post of sign up and draft thread.

Draft Rules: 22 rounds

Lineup: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST.

Yeah, a lot of people can't access mfl during the day. I just did it because there was no recordkeeping in the draft thread.

Josh Gordon at #7.... son of a mother####er... I hate you so much right now
Not a fan of the 7 slot, tbh. Tier break at 1.06, and not great options at 2.10 either.
Agree. didn't feel great about the options at 2.08 other than Brees. That's the only reason I went QB there.

I do wish we had record tracking in-thread like the Survivors. I'd do it but I am in the middle of moving and don't work at a computer so I'm probably not the best person to maintain a list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the 7 slot, tbh. Tier break at 1.06, and not great options at 2.10 either.
Agree. didn't feel great about the options at 2.08 other than Brees. That's the only reason I went QB there.

I do wish we had record tracking in-thread like the Survivors. I'd do it but I am in the middle of moving and don't work at a computer so I'm probably not the best person to maintain a list.
I will start thread in the morning.

Thanks dude. you rock.

Thanks dude. you rock.
:goodposting: thanks a lot B1

Im keeping track on my DD, which helps a lot, but thumbs up for taking the time to do it on here Broadweezy

Ball/Ellington back2back at the 2/3 turn... was mindblown to see that.

Broadway, any reasoning?
With 4 pt TDs for QB, I wasn't too interested there with the big 3 gone.

Thought about WR, but with a 2 starter minimum, and at the top of a very deep 2nd tier I decided to pass.

I had locked in Vernon Davis as one of my picks, but he went a few picks prior, and there is a big gap between my next TE group.

RB just seems where things will get tight the soonest with 2 starters and a double flex, especially with 30 guys to go before I pick again. Why Ellington and Ball? They catch the ball, and should see a vast increase in touches with their respective incumbents seemingly on their way out of town.

Ball/Ellington back2back at the 2/3 turn... was mindblown to see that.

Broadway, any reasoning?
With 4 pt TDs for QB, I wasn't too interested there with the big 3 gone.

Thought about WR, but with a 2 starter minimum, and at the top of a very deep 2nd tier I decided to pass.

I had locked in Vernon Davis as one of my picks, but he went a few picks prior, and there is a big gap between my next TE group.

RB just seems where things will get tight the soonest with 2 starters and a double flex, especially with 30 guys to go before I pick again. Why Ellington and Ball? They catch the ball, and should see a vast increase in touches with their respective incumbents seemingly on their way out of town.
very interesting... I like getting ppls perspective on their picks to prime myself for the offseason... Ill be honest, I was shocked to see those 2 back to back, but I see where you're coming from... Especially with Moreno a "lock" to be leaving, imo

I had the same issue as in WSL with the 1 spot. There aren't any slam dunk picks for me at the 2/3 turn. I'm just taking two guys who aren't going to be there next round.

Ya, Im not longer lusting for the #1 pick... didnt want it last season, and I definitely dont want it this season.

Starting to like middle of the pack more and more, season after season

One pick away and I am going to be OL for a little while.

Put me down for Ray Rice or Larry Fitzgerald (that order) if my turn comes up.

TX

Rice could be SOD or huge t u r d for your team depending on this legal stuff. I know the league usually drags it's feet but if the video evidence is as good as is being said I'll be shocked if he doesn't miss time.

would any of you be interested in throwing in 20$ just to make it interesting?

Winner takes all type of deal.

Rice could be SOD or huge t u r d for your team depending on this legal stuff. I know the league usually drags it's feet but if the video evidence is as good as is being said I'll be shocked if he doesn't miss time.
A roll of the dice, no question,.....

can we start drafting in the tracking thread so we have the first post updated in the drafting thread?

glad I took a wr in round 3
No ####. Interesting draft so far. Front third is loading up on RBs. Back third on WRs, Ref only has TEs on his roster and the middle seems to be picking up BPA.

Curious to see how Ref/3TE and Soulfly/4WR drafts turns out. I've tried this before and I'm constantly chasing other positions during the draft and having to pass on any value at those positions later on. It's been my experience I've never been able to make up enough points at those positions for the lack of scoring at others.

PSA -- stop drafting WRs.

glad I took a wr in round 3
No ####. Interesting draft so far. Front third is loading up on RBs. Back third on WRs, Ref only has TEs on his roster and the middle seems to be picking up BPA.

Curious to see how Ref/3TE and Soulfly/4WR drafts turns out. I've tried this before and I'm constantly chasing other positions during the draft and having to pass on any value at those positions later on. It's been my experience I've never been able to make up enough points at those positions for the lack of scoring at others.

PSA -- stop drafting WRs.
Ive had very good success with the strategy and use it whenever possible when the players I want are available.

Rostering 4 WR1s (on my board) in a PPR is the way I wanna start my draft

tried to pm false start. got the cannot receive any new messages error

great pick on cj2k imo. thought about him in the 3rd (glad I got a WR instead though)

4.07 Cam Newton QB CAR

2.07 Zac Stacy RB STL

1.10 Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

3.10 Jordan Cameron TE CLE

I didn't plan it this way, however I got 1 player from each major postion. This will leave me a lot of flexibility on the middle of this draft.

After 4 Rounds:

Julio Jones

Alshon Jeffery

Keenan Allen

Percy Harvin

murdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
well 2 of them should play full seasons
OOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOYou wanna fight?
How's your RB core looking? Interesting strategy.
not that rare for ffpc format tbqh
I've never drafted in this format but honestly it seems to me like it will be a scramble everywhere now using that strategy.

Personally not a believer in harvin, definitely not a wr1. Always hurt, limited yardage to be had through the air in that offense. While he'll get some on the ground and should score some TDs Seattle will spread around more to guys than Minny did. I think he'll be lucky to hit 80 rec and 1,300 total yards and even luckier to actually play 14+ games. I think he was a fine pick where he was taken but don't think he puts up WR1 numbers.

jeaton6 said:
valence said:
jeaton6 said:
Soulfly3 said:
Fiddles said:
Soulfly3 said:
After 4 Rounds:

Julio Jones

Alshon Jeffery

Keenan Allen

Percy Harvin

murdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
well 2 of them should play full seasons
OOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOYou wanna fight?
How's your RB core looking? Interesting strategy.
not that rare for ffpc format tbqh
I've never drafted in this format but honestly it seems to me like it will be a scramble everywhere now using that strategy.

Personally not a believer in harvin, definitely not a wr1. Always hurt, limited yardage to be had through the air in that offense. While he'll get some on the ground and should score some TDs Seattle will spread around more to guys than Minny did. I think he'll be lucky to hit 80 rec and 1,300 total yards and even luckier to actually play 14+ games. I think he was a fine pick where he was taken but don't think he puts up WR1 numbers.
when healthy, he's always put up ELITE wr1 numbers.

it's BBAP... go big or go home is my gameplan in this type of league.

As expected the entire wave of WR2s were gone in the 3rd and 4th round. Matching my WSL with Ryan here, super steady performer so I can slough QB2 if I so desire. Figured there was no way Pitta lasts to 6.16 in this one, so I grab him here.

As expected the entire wave of WR2s were gone in the 3rd and 4th round. Matching my WSL with Ryan here, super steady performer so I can slough QB2 if I so desire. Figured there was no way Pitta lasts to 6.16 in this one, so I grab him here.
correct.

anyways, as mentioned the WR run was filthy last 2 rounds... hence why I went with my strategy of having potentially 4 WR1s in a ppr league.

I can wade out with 4-5 rbs later in a best ball format, and Ill get decent production from 1-2 of them weekly, Im confident in that.

We'll see... Im more than game to pitch 20$ in for a wager, or winner take all for the league

Users who are viewing this thread