What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BBAPL Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

One pick away and i'm out for the night.

I will take T, Brady or T, Romo (in that order) when I am up.

After 4 Rounds:

Julio Jones

Alshon Jeffery

Keenan Allen

Percy Harvin

murdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
well 2 of them should play full seasons
OOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOYou wanna fight?
How's your RB core looking? Interesting strategy.
not that rare for ffpc format tbqh
I've never drafted in this format but honestly it seems to me like it will be a scramble everywhere now using that strategy.Personally not a believer in harvin, definitely not a wr1. Always hurt, limited yardage to be had through the air in that offense. While he'll get some on the ground and should score some TDs Seattle will spread around more to guys than Minny did. I think he'll be lucky to hit 80 rec and 1,300 total yards and even luckier to actually play 14+ games. I think he was a fine pick where he was taken but don't think he puts up WR1 numbers.
when healthy, he's always put up ELITE wr1 numbers.

it's BBAP... go big or go home is my gameplan in this type of league.
When healthy in 2011&2012 and this was with 0 target competition. Far from elite in 2009&2010. His use remains to be seen in Seattle. Seems like it would be a waste to not use him like in Minny but I'll believe it when I see it.

Agree go big or go home. Nobody playing for second place.

OM had a few too many OMs and Broncos followed suit I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the rosters now I absolutely love Shadowfax and Stinkin' Ref's teams. Especially SR. Man that's ridiculous with the ability to start 3 TEs.

Looking at the rosters now I absolutely love Shadowfax and Stinkin' Ref's teams. Especially SR. Man that's ridiculous with the ability to start 3 TEs.
I love that everyone has their own strategy, but I personally am not a fan of the TE heavy approach. The extra .5 PR is not enough for me to let up on hundreds of yards receiving.

But that's what makes this beautiful... a league like this has all sorts of strategies

I love that everyone has their own strategy, but I personally am not a fan of the TE heavy approach. The extra .5 PR is not enough for me to let up on hundreds of yards receiving.

But that's what makes this beautiful... a league like this has all sorts of strategies
Well I missed the .5 PPR part, so yeah it's not QUITE as appealing. But still pretty damn nice. The ones that SR has are equivalent to top 15-20 WRs, and Graham is right on par with Calvin, so he's like the #1 or #2 WR.

Gdit ref. That Wilson pick pi$$ed me off. Thought I was scott free after Bamac passed on him.

Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have passed on QB in round 5. Knew there'd be a run but wasn't expecting double ups happening that early. Shoulda known better.

Gdit ref. That Wilson pick pi$$ed me off. Thought I was scott free after Bamac passed on him.
That was a gift from me to Ref. I was on the road and didn't see that Wilson was still on the board, otherwise I certainly would have grabbed him. :kicksrock:

Received a PM from Reaper early this morn that read "Meant to take Wallace..can you give me cutler kaep or rg3"?

Cutler is the only QB left from this list, but he also already has a QB. I dont know if he knows this because he is in the mountains and overlooked this... or if he actually wanted another QB (2 in 6 rnds seems odd)... I PM'd him to ask, but he hasnt responded, no I will take Cutler for him and we'll have to roll with that.
Thanks!!! And sorry!!

Yeah, I hit the road about 2:30 still a few picks away and after traffic then shoddy internet access I quick picked "just a QB" without even looking at a list but, I had Wallace all Tee'd up.... Actually looked at him the round before...

I knew I'd be on the road and did have it in mind that 2 QB's in those rounds wouldn't be the worst thing since there's slim pickin's later on but, yeah....... kinda sucks...

Going into this draft I debated takinga QB early just so I wouldn't have to grab two kinda early to feel secure at the spot.... But, the different rules in this one kinda changes things from the ADP of the other Surivivors expecially when you add ppl double and triple dipping at positions without fear since you can start more....

We'll see....

Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have passed on QB in round 5. Knew there'd be a run but wasn't expecting double ups happening that early. Shoulda known better.
well....I had zero intention of going QB there....as I have huge needs elsewhere after taking 3 TE's....but I saw you sitting there without a QB and the 3 guys in front of you had one....nothing jumped off the page for me at the other positions, but Wilson was kind of sticking out like a sore thumb at QB....little surprised at a couple of guys that were taken ahead of him...thought maybe you would be sitting on him, so yeah "keep away" factored a little into that pick...as far as my roster goes he makes a pretty solid QB2 with Brady on board....I hate 4 PPPTD leagues and decreasing the QB value so I really had every intention of fluffing the QB position in this draft and maybe taking 2-3 lower level guys and just ham n egging it....but the way things shook down I switched directions and now have 2 in my first 6 picks...I'm kind of all over the place right now.....but only having to start 2 RB's and 2 WR's and us having 22 rounds will allow me to throw some #### against the wall and see what sticks...obviously I am hoping my TE trifecta not only starts for me every week filling my flex spots, but allows me to gain some serious seperation there.....if they each catch 80+ balls (which I don't think is a stretch, and maybe even a little light) thats like having three 120+ catch guys in a PPR league...and now with Brady/Wilson, I shouldn't lose too much ground at QB....snag a couple PK and DST's and that leaves me with 13 piles of dung to throw at the RB/WR positions....this is going to be a ton of fun navigating through the slop looking for a few nuggets....hell I may just go all in and snag another TE or two instead....

:sleep: Can we put this draft on a 4 hour clock. I haven't made a pick in just a little over 2 days and I'm not even at one of the ends, I'm in the middle. ugh.

I know it's been slow going the last couple days but overall out pace is good. A round per day is excellent. I'll keep tabs on it and if we slip to 2 rounds per day (or close) over the next few rounds then I'll cut clock.

If i'm doing my math correctly it looks like Valence will time out a few minutes before 7pm central time. So I will be back around that time and see if a pick has been made yet.

Really sorry guys. had a busy day after the storm the last few days. Again, please feel free to text me if I've been on the clock longer than an hour.

Received a PM from Reaper early this morn that read "Meant to take Wallace..can you give me cutler kaep or rg3"?

Cutler is the only QB left from this list, but he also already has a QB. I dont know if he knows this because he is in the mountains and overlooked this... or if he actually wanted another QB (2 in 6 rnds seems odd)... I PM'd him to ask, but he hasnt responded, no I will take Cutler for him and we'll have to roll with that.
Thanks!!! And sorry!!

Yeah, I hit the road about 2:30 still a few picks away and after traffic then shoddy internet access I quick picked "just a QB" without even looking at a list but, I had Wallace all Tee'd up.... Actually looked at him the round before...

I knew I'd be on the road and did have it in mind that 2 QB's in those rounds wouldn't be the worst thing since there's slim pickin's later on but, yeah....... kinda sucks...

Going into this draft I debated takinga QB early just so I wouldn't have to grab two kinda early to feel secure at the spot.... But, the different rules in this one kinda changes things from the ADP of the other Surivivors expecially when you add ppl double and triple dipping at positions without fear since you can start more....

We'll see....
So..... I probably would have had Wallace/Manuel instead of Boldin/Cutler

I'd rather have Wallace/Manuel but, not a disaster - worth the ski trip ;)

Putting major stock in Jace Amaro going to New England or similar situation where he explodes in year 1.

This pick either puts me through the stratosphere or blows up in my face

4.07 Cam Newton QB CAR

7.10 Eli Manning QB NYG

2.07 Zac Stacy RB STL

5.10 Knowshon Moreno RB ???

1.10 Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

6.07 Michael Floyd WR ARI

3.10 Jordan Cameron TE CLE

8.07 Eric Ebron TE ROOKIE

Two best balls, two times grabbing L. Green. I like him much better as TE21 than last time at TE14.

HellToupee said:
Bamac said:
Two best balls, two times grabbing L. Green. I like him much better as TE21 than last time at TE14.
suck an egg you SOB. I was pairing him this round with Gates
I don't know if my squad's any good, but I've gotten two people to swear at me so far. Good sign.

Finally broke down and picked up my first WRs. As things got closer I planned on going with Cook and either T Austin or Bowe. I ended up having to make up a plan B on the spot, so I took Evans. Wanted a guy with the opportunity to well outscore his draft position to offset the dullness of Bowe. Also considered Hopkins, but I am avoiding the Houston offense until post draft.

Bamac said:
I wanted Wright and or Green and got neither........
I didn't get anyone I wanted. I passed on PItta because I liked some of the other options that I thought I could get later...only to see them all go before I picked again. Seems like the TEs went more quickly in this league. Don't know if that's because the flex or Ref ####### things up.

Bamac said:
I didn't get anyone I wanted. I passed on PItta because I liked some of the other options that I thought I could get later...only to see them all go before I picked again. Seems like the TEs went more quickly in this league. Don't know if that's because the flex or Ref ####### things up.
Yep. The 1.5ppr for TEs gives everyone a major boner.

Thought id have way more to choose from

Bamac said:
besides the .50 perk for reception I looked at TE's this way:

Gonzo is gonzo

Gronk serious injury again

Hernandez is in jail

slight chance that Graham and maybe even Pitta get reclassified as WR

Gates is older but Green unproven

Finley serious injury

Jordan Reed pretty serious concussion

Fred Davis non factor

Pettigrew ?

and the rest....pretty much meh....except maybe Olsen, Cameron, Thomas....Olsen may be ok....I passed on Cameron in this draft just cause I am a little unsure of what the offesne will look like in CLE...and Thomas was taken before my second pick.....

Graham was my pick in the first.....and with all the stuff above going on at TE I decided that I wanted to take advantage of that .50 perk while also playing keep away from some of the other rosters in here and maybe giving them a pretty significant "weak spot"....odds are many others will not be using TE in their flex spot cause they may struggle to even get a solid TE score to post by itself....had we had to start 3 WR's things might have been different....but I saw TE as a position with not much depth (not factoring in rookie impact) and some question marks, so I took what I thought were about 3 of the most sure things at the position and hoped it works out....I don't expect all three to score for me every week, but at least they won't be scoring for someone else....Davis's TD's and offense help.....Witten just keeps getting looks....I realize I will be behind the 8 ball elsewhere, but it's kind of fun to test myself to see what I can throw together....in this format even some of the TE's left might be more valuable then some of the RB's and WR's that are being taken.....I will need to hit a few homers at RB/WR to make up for some lost yardage

Bamac said:
Yep. The 1.5ppr for TEs gives everyone a major boner.

Thought id have way more to choose from
That's not the reason, as they are slightly devalued from the other SL drafts where they get 2 ppr.

pot committed to draftin outside the box here.....pulled the trigger on SEA DST....figured DST's may start going before my next pick (was actually worried about it starting between my 8-9 picks) and in this format I really wanted SEA....think we have a few more ways for DST to score in this compared to the survivor leagues....plus since this isn't survivor, I think a top flight DST represents more value than in the survivor.....you don't get "eliminated"..... you are in it for the long haul on a week to week basis...you have to start one each week and at this point in the draft, I hope I locked down "the" unit to have giving me an advantage at this starting position over most teams each week....

oh.......and just fyi.....I will probably draft 3 or 4 of them.............................................soon........ :banned:

pot committed to draftin outside the box here.....pulled the trigger on SEA DST....figured DST's may start going before my next pick (was actually worried about it starting between my 8-9 picks) and in this format I really wanted SEA....think we have a few more ways for DST to score in this compared to the survivor leagues....plus since this isn't survivor, I think a top flight DST represents more value than in the survivor.....you don't get "eliminated"..... you are in it for the long haul on a week to week basis...you have to start one each week and at this point in the draft, I hope I locked down "the" unit to have giving me an advantage at this starting position over most teams each week....

oh.......and just fyi.....I will probably draft 3 or 4 of them.............................................soon........ :banned:
Look at me. I'm trying to start a run!!!

We won't be so easily duped. :oldunsure:

Look at me. I'm trying to start a run!!!

We won't be so easily duped. :oldunsure:
Good post. Beat me to it.

I fully expect a copy and paste of same post inserting PK ilo DST when he goes kicker in 10th.

Drew Brees QB NOS

Eddie Lacy RB GBP

Frank Gore RB SF

David Wilson RB NYG

Andre Johnson WR HOU

Torrey Smith WR BAL

Kenny Stills WR NOS

Danny Amendola WR NEP?

Zach Ertz TE PHI

Tim Wright TE TBB

Users who are viewing this thread