What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BBAPL Discussion thread (2 Viewers)

Dalton

Hoyer

Trent Richardson

Tre Mason

Julio Jones

Alshon jeffery

Percy harvin

Keenan Allen

Travis Kelce

Jace Amaro

Soulfly3 said:
Dalton

Hoyer

Trent Richardson

Tre Mason

Julio Jones

Alshon jeffery

Percy harvin

Keenan Allen

Travis Kelce

Jace Amaro
The WRs better be as good as you think they will be.

What's the wager?
I didn't realize this was a jellybean league now but sure if everyone is in i'm in.
Figured we all (or whoever wants in) puts in 20$ each... no big deal, but it's something to take home and gives some "bragging rights"

Winner takes all.

Dont want to do more because it wouldve likely changed our strategies, plus it was meant to be free. So if anyone wants to do 20$, just for a laugh, Im very game.

We can do leaguesafe - or if we arent a bunch of scumbags, we can just paypal the $ to the winner at the end.

Soulfly3 said:
Dalton

Hoyer

Trent Richardson

Tre Mason

Julio Jones

Alshon jeffery

Percy harvin

Keenan Allen

Travis Kelce

Jace Amaro
oof. Not a fan.

I'm ok with Dalton as your QB but Hoyer was drafted way too early. RBs are horrible. Didn't seem like Richardson could ever get past the LOS last year. Indy better figure out a way to get him in the open or find some miracle injection to give him some moves and lateral movement. Mason needs to go to the right situation and who knows how much action he'll see. WRs are and should be great given the drafting...and Harvin needs to stay healthy. 2 TEs that haven't caught a pass in the NFL. Could things work out? Sure. But there seem to be too many pitfalls all over the place here.

Shadowfax said:
Soulfly3 said:
Dalton

Hoyer

Trent Richardson

Tre Mason

Julio Jones

Alshon jeffery

Percy harvin

Keenan Allen

Travis Kelce

Jace Amaro
oof. Not a fan.

I'm ok with Dalton as your QB but Hoyer was drafted way too early. RBs are horrible. Didn't seem like Richardson could ever get past the LOS last year. Indy better figure out a way to get him in the open or find some miracle injection to give him some moves and lateral movement. Mason needs to go to the right situation and who knows how much action he'll see. WRs are and should be great given the drafting...and Harvin needs to stay healthy. 2 TEs that haven't caught a pass in the NFL. Could things work out? Sure. But there seem to be too many pitfalls all over the place here.
If this were redraft, Id agree...

but in a best ball format, you can afford to draft like this and pick up best available points from whatever scrubs you want at positions.

I am in the camp where I seriously devalue RBs, I draft that way, and always do quite well.

eta: Hoyer was taken too early? I fully believe as a Browns fan he is their QB this season (and beyond?) and with the weapons at his disposal (and mroe to come) his numbers should figure to be quite good.

The way QBs ran off the board, I wouldve even taken hoyer a round or two earlier

Bamac said:
Joe Flacco

Alex Smith

Ben Tate

Bishop Sankey

Pierre Thomas

Antonio Brown

Pierre Garçon

Josh Gordon

Ladarius Green

Kyle Rudolph

Basically a less daring version of Soulfly's team.
and I really like your team.

said so from your 1.7 pick lol

Bamac said:
Joe Flacco

Alex Smith

Ben Tate

Bishop Sankey

Pierre Thomas

Antonio Brown

Pierre Garçon

Josh Gordon

Ladarius Green

Kyle Rudolph

Basically a less daring version of Soulfly's team.
and I really like your team.

said so from your 1.7 pick lol
We obviously have opposite drafting styles/opinions. It's an ok team but I'd really like it better if he didn't brainfart the Alex Smith/Wilson pick. As it is, QBs are below average. All WRs had career years and it's unrealistic to expect them to repeat those numbers. But they're all WR1s and will have to carry this team. RBs are TBD, as we need to see where they all land. I like the Rudolph pick but someone needs to explain the Ladarius love to me. Seems like they're using him to block and using more WR sets. Maybe that changes but Gates isn't going away. I can see the appeal in dynasty but redraft?

OK.. doing this to see WTH I have here - drafting a bit by the seat of my pants.... Can't be as bad as Flysack though ;)

5.14 Phillip Rivers, QB12 SDC

6.03 Jay Cutler, QB14 CHI

1.14 Marshawn Lynch. RB7 SEA

2.03 DeMarco Murray, RB9 DAL

8.03 Rashad Jennings, RB35 OAK

10.03 Christine Michael, RB43 SEA

3.14 DeSean Jackson, WR17 PHI

4.03 Victor Cruz, WR22 NYG

7.14 Anquan Boldin, WR37 SFO

9.14 Dwayne Allen, TE25 IND

OK.. doing this to see WTH I have here - drafting a bit by the seat of my pants.... Can't be as bad as Flysack though ;)

qb and rb are very good.

wr floor is good, upside high

te ??

qb and rb are very good.

wr floor is good, upside high

te ??
I agree. If he can get some decent TE production and assemble depth, looking good.

Roethlisberger/Palmer

Bell/Chris Johnson/Donald Brown
Vjax/Wayne/Terrance Williams/Stevie Johnson
Thomas/Graham

not thrilling but fairly solid base across the board
feel like I reached a few times

Roethlisberger/Palmer

Bell/Chris Johnson/Donald Brown

Vjax/Wayne/Terrance Williams/Stevie Johnson

Thomas/Graham

not thrilling but fairly solid base across the board

feel like I reached a few times
I think pretty solid. Only gross reach was maybe Donnie brown though even there not far off depending on landing/use.

4.07 Cam Newton QB CAR

7.10 Eli Manning QB NYG

2.07 Zac Stacy RB STL

5.10 Knowshon Moreno RB ???

11.10 Mark Ingram RB NO

1.10 Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

6.07 Michael Floyd WR ARI

9.10 Greg Jennings MIN

10.07 Hakeem Nicks WR ???

3.10 Jordan Cameron TE CLE

8.07 Eric Ebron TE ROOKIE

12.07 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE ROOKIE

Real DEF run starts now?
Yep!

Force me to deviate from my master plan.....

1.15 Peyton Manning, QB1 DEN

10.02 Johnny Manziel, QB27 FA

7.15 Fred Jackson, RB32 BUF

8.02 Bernard Pierce, RB34 BAL

9.15 LeGarette Blount, RB41 NEP

11.15 Jonathan Stewart RB CAR

3.15 Michael Crabtree, WR18 SFO

4.02 Roddy White, WR21 ATL

5.15 Mike Wallace, WR31 MIA

2.02 Rob Gronkowski. TE2 NEP

6.02 Charles Clay, TE12 MIA

PANTHERS D/ST

Drew Brees QB NOS

Eddie Lacy RB GBP

Frank Gore RB SF

David Wilson RB NYG

Toby Gerhart RB ???

Andre Johnson WR HOU

Torrey Smith WR BAL

Kenny Stills WR NOS

Danny Amendola WR NEP?

Marquise Goodwin WR BUF

Rod Streater WR OAK

Zach Ertz TE PHI

Tim Wright TE TBB

Green Bay DST

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly the Roberts pick was based on the signing. Imagine we'll see a lot of those this week. His use will be interesting but should outperform WR80...not sure about the upside though.

Sorry for the delay. Broke and dislocated my wrist this morning. Painful.

Give me a minute to review the picks.
I was in a MFL10 last year where a guy timed out twice after making several rounds of timely picks. He came on and explained that he was a cop who had been shot in the line of duty (not life threatening). Don't know if it was true, but it sure shut up the people who had been complaining for him to go on autopick.

I'm predrafted for tonight. Feel free to check MFL and PM next. Otherwise, I'll be back in the morning.

15.08 - Atlanta Defense

Because people wanted to take all the defenses by round 15 in 22 round mock. Stinks I have to follow suit or may not get a 2nd one.
If everyone does it, it doesn't hurt you. Only question is whether teams who accept risk of only getting one DST will be better off.

:shrug: The first defense went off the board in the 9th. Everyone had at least 5 rounds to get two. Many chose not to. veni vedi vici.

15.08 - Atlanta Defense

Because people wanted to take all the defenses by round 15 in 22 round mock. Stinks I have to follow suit or may not get a 2nd one.
If everyone does it, it doesn't hurt you. Only question is whether teams who accept risk of only getting one DST will be better off.
yeah I didn't quite get that either....I guess we were supposed to wait until round 21 and then just rattle all 32 off in a row.....oh wait thats when kickers are supposed to go so DST would have been 19 through 20......nice and clean....

Sorry for the delay. Broke and dislocated my wrist this morning. Painful.

Give me a minute to review the picks.
I was in a MFL10 last year where a guy timed out twice after making several rounds of timely picks. He came on and explained that he was a cop who had been shot in the line of duty (not life threatening). Don't know if it was true, but it sure shut up the people who had been complaining for him to go on autopick.
Oof. Hope there were a lot of apologies. While it's nice if these drafts have a steady stream of picks, I never understand all the #####ing about the timer. You sign up for a draft knowing everyone has 8 hours to pick. It's ~ 6 months away from the season. Just relax. With that said, I think a 6 hour clock would be the best.

5.02 Nick Foles, QB7 PHI

10.15 Geno Smith, QB30 NYJ

11.02 Michael Vick, QB31 PHI

1.02 Jamal Charles, RB2 KCC

2.15 Alfred Morris, RB15 WAS

13.02 Knile Davis, RB52 KCC

16.15 Bilal Powell, RB64 NYJ

3.02 Jordy Nelson, WR10 GBP

4.15 Marques Colston, WR27 NOS

7.02 Rueben Randle, WR33 NYG

9.02 Jeremy Maclin, WR44 PHI

12.15 Doug Baldwin, WR68 SEA

17.02 Andre Holmes, WR83 OAK

6.15 Delanie Walker, TE16 TEN

8.15 Jared Cook, TE22 STL

14.15 Pittsburgh Steelers, TD20

15.02 New York Giants, TD22

I feel I lost my way with (and since) the Geno/Vick picks. I have high hopes for Folk this year so he better pan out. Like Charles and Morris but now concerned with KC losing 3 OL. Never really saw the value at RB since due to the flex and hoped to grab Latavius and Anderson (F you Ref) and one of the Saints backs. Good group of WRs but felt like I reached on a couple. TEs went way quicker than I thought. Ended up with 2 average ones and planned to grab a 3rd...but TEs kept going and going. Thought I could get Rivera late late and now will probably roll with the 2 and hope for the best. 2 historically good (but now aging) DST that hopefully can get me a decent score each week. Not great...but probably better than HellToupee. :P

HellToupee took the "Ef you guys sticking me with one DST train of thought and now he's going PK wild to try and stick people with 1 starter approach"!

I knew I should have went K. At least I have a spare TD to make up for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Flacco

Alex Smith

Ben Tate

Bishop Sankey

Pierre Thomas

Ka'Deem Carey

Jeremy Hill

Isaiah Crowell

Antonio Brown

Pierre Garçon

Josh Gordon

Emmanuel Sanders

Ladarius Green

Kyle Rudolph

Stephen Gostkowski

Cardinals

Titans

Well, this is what I planned on when I passed on RB for so long. Rookie RBs look like value to me, especially a handful of them on one team. Very likely that 1-2 will be useless, but think it's pretty likely that 1-2 can give me mid-RB2 production.

With Gostkowski, I think I can play with 1 PK.

Im all for ####ting on the guy, but my TRich pick may turn out to be a steal w Donald Brown gone.

I mean - if he decides he's a football player again

Users who are viewing this thread