What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Silicon Valley - New Mike Judge 8-Part HBO Series (1 Viewer)

If its intent is to be a comedy, its not a good sign when the trailer isn't very funny. I'll give it a shot though.

Trailer looks meh, but I love everything Judge does and I'm a software guy so I'll definitely be watching. Thanks for the headsup

I was very disappointed with Idiocracy, and Extract was uneven. So I am really loking forward to Silicon Valley.

I think we're about to enjoy a very funny series.

Saw an early screener of first two episodes.

Very funny.

In. :blackdot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in.

Idiocracy was terrible: one of the lamest, most boring movies I've ever seen.

But Beavis & Butthead and Office Space are two of the finest works ever shown on a screen of any size.

(I'm pretty sure I saw Extract, but I don't remember it very well. It didn't make a lasting impression on me one way or the other.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened to the new Beavis and Buttheads they were doing? They were funny. Just decided to stop again?

I was very disappointed with Idiocracy, and Extract was uneven. So I am really loking forward to Silicon Valley.

I think we're about to enjoy a very funny series.
I thought Idiocracy was great but I watched it at a party and was drunk off my ###

Idiocracy and Extract are both awesome. Hilarious. If you disagree, watch them again. Judge is a GD genius. So in on this.

So did anyone watch this? I watched the episode last night on my DVR. I thought it was really funny. I watched it alone because I told my GF it probably wasn't her speed. She took offense to it, but I meant she wasn't a nerdy computer dork with social anxieties. After watching, I couldn't help but wonder if it's a show that everyone will find funny, or if I only found it funny because I've worked around people like that my whole life.

So did anyone watch this? I watched the episode last night on my DVR. I thought it was really funny. I watched it alone because I told my GF it probably wasn't her speed. She took offense to it, but I meant she wasn't a nerdy computer dork with social anxieties. After watching, I couldn't help but wonder if it's a show that everyone will find funny, or if I only found it funny because I've worked around people like that my whole life.
I liked it and found it quite funny in parts, but I am unfamiliar with that "world" and spent a lot of time feeling like I was watching something that was probably uproarious to some people, but that I was kind of on the outside looking in.

I liked it and found it quite funny in parts, but I am unfamiliar with that "world" and spent a lot of time feeling like I was watching something that was probably uproarious to some people, but that I was kind of on the outside looking in.
Yeah. This is what I thought. Some of it was even out of my range, and I thought I was in pretty deep.

It's been ok. Had very high expectations from the trailer and the real thing has been less funny. But that's the norm I guess. Seems like it has great potential for a fading star like Kid Rock hired out for the super rich computer company party. But the execution was kind of flat.

I've watched the first two and I'll stick with it to see more I think. I do like the story of guy hits a big idea and faces the conflict of sell out vs take tons less and try to make the company into something. And the bumps along the road you don't see.

J

It's been ok. Had very high expectations from the trailer and the real thing has been less funny. But that's the norm I guess. Seems like it has great potential for a fading star like Kid Rock hired out for the super rich computer company party. But the execution was kind of flat.

I've watched the first two and I'll stick with it to see more I think. I do like the story of guy hits a big idea and faces the conflict of sell out vs take tons less and try to make the company into something. And the bumps along the road you don't see.

J
I went in with medium expectations and I think it's really funny.

J
exactly how I feel.

Will continue to watch and hope it gets better.

I don't understand 94% of the techie stuff and still enjoyed it over anything you might catch on network TV. I feel similarly to how I felt watching "Hello, Ladies". Not something I need to make plans for, but well, well worth catching on the iPad on my treadmill at night.

Watched the first episode with my wife. She didn't think it was any good or funny and I thought the hunmor was there but in a biting or dry, and clever, way. But I just spent 6 years at a "Silicon Valley" company, so I related to it more. Kind of like how someone who paints houses for a living might not think "Office Space" was funny or good, but anyone who's had any office-type experience would.

J
I went in with medium expectations and I think it's really funny.
That's probably the better way.

J

I like it so far. It's very niche-y for tech people, moreso than Office Space. I'm not sure how much of it the non-tech people are getting. It totally captures the atmosphere of being at a successful software company in a strong tech market. You feel like you can do anything, say anything, wear anything, or go anywhere because all that matters are ideas.

J
exactly how I feel.

Will continue to watch and hope it gets better.
:goodposting:

I've enjoyed the first two episodes but the lead actor is a problem. He doesn't endear you and make you want to root for him while seeing that world through him.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes but the lead actor is a problem. He doesn't endear you and make you want to root for him while seeing that world through him.
It's my impression that the people in that world aren't particularly endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread