What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Silicon Valley - New Mike Judge 8-Part HBO Series (1 Viewer)

Is there still an Arthur's Steakhouse in Hoboken?  Oh my, the 24 oz Delmonico was a glorious, glorious thing.  I think it was $13.95 the first time I went there too, last I heard it was something like $20.95.  Still a bargain. 
Yep. Never been though. 

Yep. Never been though. 
Dude, you must. If you're in the mood for a steak that isn't dry aged, has a ton of fat on it, and tastes like heaven, accept no substitute. That is, provided it's still the same place. I haven't been in 15 years, it could have gone downhill and I'd have no idea. Still the most flavorful ribeye I've ever had for $20 or less. 

Dude, you must. If you're in the mood for a steak that isn't dry aged, has a ton of fat on it, and tastes like heaven, accept no substitute. That is, provided it's still the same place. I haven't been in 15 years, it could have gone downhill and I'd have no idea. Still the most flavorful ribeye I've ever had for $20 or less. 
Wasn't easy to find but apparently it's now $35. 

Just watched the first three episodes of the new season.  Definitely lacking without Ehrlich.  Best scene was with Gavin and his presentation to the 63 programmers.  

I find Gavin and Gilfoyle as the two best characters.   The Dinesh character is a bit two dimensional and Richard is the worst character IMO.  I do like Jared and his selflessness.  I think that plays well.  

I read that the guy who plays Ehrlich was let go as he was a big distraction on set.  Falling asleep, drinking and drugs and generally a wipe.

Maybe I'm in the minority but Ehrlich was rarely funny.  Sure, he was a useful plot device often, but I never found him funny.  He was maybe slightly more funny than Richard (even though I love Richard falling in every single episode).  The rest of the cast is what makes the show awesome, not some one note guy with poorly delivered lines.

Maybe I'm in the minority but Ehrlich was rarely funny.  Sure, he was a useful plot device often, but I never found him funny.  He was maybe slightly more funny than Richard (even though I love Richard falling in every single episode).  The rest of the cast is what makes the show awesome, not some one note guy with poorly delivered lines.
"Palapa" 

:lmao:

"Palapa" 

Erlich : I just spent the last 16 hours cherry-picking Friars Roasts for the premium old-man jokes. Essentially, I'm going to beat him to death with his own titanium hips. Not just for me, but for Richard. Ah, Jack Barker, aka Action Jack. We meet at last. Erlich Bachman.

Barker : Erlich Bachman?  (extends hand) I'm a big fan...

Erlich : Oh, really, of what? Metamucil? Polio? The phonograph? A nice piece of fish? Segregated water fountains? Senior citizen discounts at Perkins family restaurants? Erectile dysfunction? Because of corroded penile arteries? Deviled eggs as an entree? Liking Ike?"

Dinesh, I don't see what the problem is here. She wants to come over, and she acknowledged that it's too soon. You've basically done the deed, which for you is ejaculating in your own pants all over your leg and then apologizing profusely. Just maintain eye contact, light some scented candles, and throw on some Sade. The early stuff, though, before her arrangements got too baroque.

Madam, you do not call a man a fool on the transom of his own home. A home that happens to be the world headquarters of a company streaming video of a man who's about to drink his own urine online for tens of thousands of Filipinos. Does that sound like foolishness to you? So you can tell your clients, respectfully, that they can go f--k themselves.

Negging: 

"It's just that painting behind you. It's awful, it looks like harlequin Kama Sutra done poorly. So, I agree, bad culture fit."

"Your logo looks like a sideways ######. I find that to be racist, don't you?"

"Here's my concern: who the hell picked out that shirt for you? Oh, I see. With the pants, so I guess it's a whole thing... You married poorly."

"Do you care about Pied Piper? Because if you do, I'm not seeing it. In fact, what I think I'm seeing is the human equivalent of a flaccid penis."

"No, this is all wrong. I am sensing a general lack of vision. Your muffins smell like ####. So do your ideas. One of you is the least-attractive person I've ever seen. I'm not gonna say who. Should we leave, or should you?"

Negging: 

"It's just that painting behind you. It's awful, it looks like harlequin Kama Sutra done poorly. So, I agree, bad culture fit."

"Your logo looks like a sideways ######. I find that to be racist, don't you?"

"Here's my concern: who the hell picked out that shirt for you? Oh, I see. With the pants, so I guess it's a whole thing... You married poorly."

"Do you care about Pied Piper? Because if you do, I'm not seeing it. In fact, what I think I'm seeing is the human equivalent of a flaccid penis."

"No, this is all wrong. I am sensing a general lack of vision. Your muffins smell like ####. So do your ideas. One of you is the least-attractive person I've ever seen. I'm not gonna say who. Should we leave, or should you?"

Was that all from the episode where they go around to all the VCs rejecting their offers with prejudice?  That was a great one.

^ on both previous posts  :lmao:

there isn't anyone currently in that cast who could deliver the hubris in such a cluelessly pompous/arrogant fashion - flamboyant jerkoff, so ridiculously full of himself  :lol:

LOVE IT/Erlich

^ on both previous posts  :lmao:

there isn't anyone currently in that cast who could deliver the hubris in such a cluelessly pompous/arrogant fashion - flamboyant jerkoff, so ridiculously full of himself  :lol:

LOVE IT/Erlich
Add to this the fact that in 70% of his scenes, he's smoking weed from an apparently endless supply of different devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fHdA5rBjio

(Language NSFW obviously...)

Evilgrin 72 said:
Erlich : I just spent the last 16 hours cherry-picking Friars Roasts for the premium old-man jokes. Essentially, I'm going to beat him to death with his own titanium hips. Not just for me, but for Richard. Ah, Jack Barker, aka Action Jack. We meet at last. Erlich Bachman.

Barker : Erlich Bachman?  (extends hand) I'm a big fan...

Erlich : Oh, really, of what? Metamucil? Polio? The phonograph? A nice piece of fish? Segregated water fountains? Senior citizen discounts at Perkins family restaurants? Erectile dysfunction? Because of corroded penile arteries? Deviled eggs as an entree? Liking Ike?"
So funnyBeing wheeled into a sunny spot?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Put me on the pro OJ list. I'm surprised he isn't that appreciated in here. He's 1Aor 1B for me with Gilfoyle. 
Yeah I don't agree with the love in here for Gavin. This season my top 3 are Gilfoyle, Jared and Jian Yang. I saw an interview with Jimmy O Yang (the actor that plays Jian Yang) on Stephen Colbert's show, he was damn funny.

Loved Ehrlich, but I'm a massive, massive, massive stoner so I'm in his demographic.  

I also felt a lot of the genius is found in subtle pronunciations (Aviato)/facial expressions/references.  The idea of him being being a fat slob, but being so desperate to fit in like the poser that he is with the millionaire healthy tech crowd that he would do niche obscure things like juicing while talking to Big Head about forming Bachmanity and burning through 3 juicers in the process, or ordering Pesca-pescatarian dishes as good examples.

Also, in the season 3(?) finale where he's trying to explain how Gavin helped Pied Piper by create a massive theoretical valuation for them, but has taken such a massive bong rip that he's coughing for about 2 straight minutes.  IDK, like I said, I'm a stoner and it plays to me.

I like them all. Except Richard. Literally everyone who's had screen time on that show has been good. Except Richard. The main character. So weird.

Also, in the season 3(?) finale where he's trying to explain how Gavin helped Pied Piper by create a massive theoretical valuation for them, but has taken such a massive bong rip that he's coughing for about 2 straight minutes.  IDK, like I said, I'm a stoner and it plays to me.
Clink the link I posted a few posts up. 

I'm not saying Erlich never did anything funny, but his comedy misses the mark for me often too.

Kinda like the doctor, he rarely makes me laugh.  No idea why they use him so much.  Scenes are just him and Richard and are universally awful.

"Hit Her"

"Hello there Hitler"

Imagine going from a rock band to a Christian rock band.

I would watch an entire movie of Jian Yiang just going about his day.
I watch with my oldest son and he had the same kind of reaction as you. I enjoyed the phone calls and leaving the car, but I don't like the idea of him starting a competing company. Maybe that was just a quick thing and not a real arc. A lot of characters like him (imagine Creed in The Office) are great in small doses, but not good as a main character.

I watch with my oldest son and he had the same kind of reaction as you. I enjoyed the phone calls and leaving the car, but I don't like the idea of him starting a competing company. Maybe that was just a quick thing and not a real arc. A lot of characters like him (imagine Creed in The Office) are great in small doses, but not good as a main character.
I completely understand that, but if they remade Falling Down (Michael Douglas movie) with Jian Yiang I would be there opening day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread