Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
mquinnjr

Silicon Valley - New Mike Judge 8-Part HBO Series

14 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I haven't really missed T.J. Miller's character.

As much as I liked him when he was on, once he left, I feel like the show got better.  I think he was useful while there, but this is one of those cases where shedding someone actually made the show better.

41 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I haven't really missed T.J. Miller's character.

Yeah I liked him, especially in the early seasons when the main characters hadn't succeeded at anything yet (and therefore had to totally put up with his BS) but I agree that his absence isn't as huge as anticipated. 

2 minutes ago, Zow said:

Yeah I liked him, especially in the early seasons when the main characters hadn't succeeded at anything yet (and therefore had to totally put up with his BS) but I agree that his absence isn't as huge as anticipated. 

Apparently, he was hated by everyone on set.

Monica freaking out over the offer and firing up 2 cigarettes was an underrated moment of the episode as well.

• Like 4

bold prediction:

Guilfoyle and the HR lady are going to make sechsy time. And it’s gonna turn out very poorly at Dinesh’s expense.  

I don't understand people who think, "This show is so good, I hope it ends soon."  Why?  I want them to go on and on until they've run out of jokes, beaten a dead horse.  Are we worried about the legacy of the show?  Who cares.  I could watch 10 more seasons of this until it jumped the shark.  Literally.  Like Dinesh jumping a shark.  And when people finally go, "OK.  I think we've hit the bottom", then end it.

• Like 2

Haven’t watched last nights yet but I lost it when that old man stockholder said “What the F is Foxhole” :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Haven’t watched last nights yet but I lost it when that old man stockholder said “What the F is Foxhole” :lmao:

Last night's was fantastic. Thought I was going to wake the kids up from laughing

• Like 2

The chairman of the hooli board...is that Doc from Love Boat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Last night's was fantastic. Thought I was going to wake the kids up from laughing

Agreed.  There were so many laugh out loud moments.  This show is so good.  I love the exchange between Gavin and Richard.  I mean, you could see it coming a mile away, but it was still great.  

The other thing that cracked me up was when Guilfoyle was tracking Gavin and Gavin was in the office with them.  :lol:

11 hours ago, belljr said:

I love the lawyer

Can I be honest with you for once, Richard? 

:lmao:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Can I be honest with you for once, Richard? 

:lmao:

Richie?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 6:48 AM, TheIronSheik said:

I don't understand people who think, "This show is so good, I hope it ends soon."  Why?  I want them to go on and on until they've run out of jokes, beaten a dead horse.  Are we worried about the legacy of the show?  Who cares.  I could watch 10 more seasons of this until it jumped the shark.  Literally.  Like Dinesh jumping a shark.  And when people finally go, "OK.  I think we've hit the bottom", then end it.

Would he jump the shark on water skis or in a Tesla?

4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I think there should be a spinoff called Guilfoyle and Dinesh.

Nah, this is great and everything but I've seen enough.

On 11/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, El Floppo said:

The chairman of the hooli board...is that Doc from Love Boat?

I took me until the 2nd or 3rd time he was onscreen to figure that out.  

Love this show.  They hit so many great notes that are just slight exaggerations of what these people (tech entrepreneurs, coders, VCs, investors, etc) are really like.

And I'm going to miss Guilfoyle, for sure.

Question - why does Big Head just pour out sodas?  I'm sure that's a call back that I'm forgetting.

58 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

I took me until the 2nd or 3rd time he was onscreen to figure that out.  

Love this show.  They hit so many great notes that are just slight exaggerations of what these people (tech entrepreneurs, coders, VCs, investors, etc) are really like.

And I'm going to miss Guilfoyle, for sure.

Question - why does Big Head just pour out sodas?  I'm sure that's a call back that I'm forgetting.

its just been a running gag that hes been walking around with big gulps... i dont think they ever actually address it but could be mistaken

I thought BigHead was just getting cans for Jin Yang to shoot w his BB gun? 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RUSF18 said:

Nah, this is great and everything but I've seen enough.

Right?  It's so good I seriously can't wait for it to be over so I can watch more terrible shows. :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, The General said:

“Gwart hates puddle of mudd, she’s a Linkin park girl “ 

I spit out my drink a little on that line.

Can't believe this next episode is the last one ever.  I've gone back and rewatched the series 3 times this past year and laugh just as hard each viewing.  Sucks they are ending it.  There was still so much potential.  

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Can't believe this next episode is the last one ever.  I've gone back and rewatched the series 3 times this past year and laugh just as hard each viewing.  Sucks they are ending it.  There was still so much potential.  

Yup. Such a great show. At least it will go our while it is still good.

Jin Yang was also killing it last night, laughed at many of his lines.

"#####ard" on the cell phone was :lol:

16 minutes ago, The General said:

And Monica had the same name for him :lmao:

I'm not going to binge until its over

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

I'm kind of hoping for a skynet ending resulting from their collective AI...those original smart fridges coming to life or something.

Just now, El Floppo said:

I'm kind of hoping for a skynet ending resulting from their collective AI...those original smart fridges coming to life or something.

Something tells me, no matter how this ends on Sunday, it's probably not going to be satisfying.  And I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but it just seems like an impossible task.  Honestly, if it just ended with them winning and Dinesh holding up a sign that said THE END in Sharpie, I'd be cool with it considering the entire series was great. 

I'm not going to judge this series based on its finale, but at the same time, something tells me it's going to disappoint a lot of people.  Here's to hoping I'm completely wrong like I am in most threads. 

2 hours ago, The General said:

And didn't Jim yang use Eric bachmans name for his teen girl coding slave ring? Had that...oh ####! Is he coming back intrigue (I'm sure that was intended)

Funny how Monica's been Yang's foil here. That said- I do miss bachman vs yang...some all timers there.

8 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And didn't Jim yang use Eric bachmans name for his teen girl coding slave ring? Had that...oh ####! Is he coming back intrigue (I'm sure that was intended)

Funny how Monica's been Yang's foil here. That said- I do miss bachman vs yang...some all timers there.

I missed this. I hope he makes it back but I think the creators hate him still.

That whole scene with the girls writing the code and Jin Yang answering every question she was asking with simply "Yes" had me going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The General said:

That whole scene with the girls writing the code and Jin Yang answering every question she was asking with simply "Yes" had me going.

Yeah, I would say slightly higher than a 0.00% chance he'll be back.

58 minutes ago, The General said:

So good.

I may have misheard/watched, but when Monica gets the first call about it...his name is attached somehow.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

That may have been the funniest episode of the series

S1 white board may be the funniest scene ever

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Yep that's the only episode comparable imo. This one had so many great parts I never laughed so much. No clue why this show is ending as it's still rolling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

That or Non-consensual Santa

Yep. This week’s episode was easily the strongest in recent memory. Multiple laugh out loud moments. 

On 12/5/2019 at 4:47 PM, El Floppo said:

So good.

I may have misheard/watched, but when Monica gets the first call about it...his name is attached somehow.

I just rewatched the scene... Monica's secretary relays a call sayimg the teen camp was started by pied Piper employee Eric bachman. Monica - with a Chinese accent?