Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eephus

Serious Biz Dynasty - Year #10 - FCFS FFS

2,103 posts in this topic

Is my team so bad that I can only get one sub par offer total after begging? Nobody wants Harvey (who I love but would move) or Bautista in a deal?

:wub:

Is my team so bad that I can only get one sub par offer total after begging? Nobody wants Harvey (who I love but would move) or Bautista in a deal?

Offer sent.

I am at a possible crossroads with my roster and I could make moves to compete this year. I am open to moving prospects to solidify my pitching staff with at least one starter and a couple closers. I would want pitchers who will be near their "prime" for the next 3 years.

I am more willing to move prospect arms for arms but I am open to discussing some of my hitting prospects (not named Javier unless we are talking something major). I can't move anyone seeing major league time unless a replacement is involved in the trade.

So you can send me offers or simply let me know if you are willing to move arms.

Looking to move Cliff Lee sooner rather than later if anyone is interested. Ellsbury as well.

Edited by The Flying Elvis

Hey Ian sorry I missed your offer. Wasn't notified but received the email when it was rescinded.

Byron Buxton as well as others on the block

Hey Ian sorry I missed your offer. Wasn't notified but received the email when it was rescinded.

No problem, think I have another offer up there... Interested in Buxton quite a bit, just trying to tear down and rebuild the team a bit and get some younger hitters.

No problem, think I have another offer up there... Interested in Buxton quite a bit, just trying to tear down and rebuild the team a bit and get some younger hitters.

It was hard for me to give up Russell particularly since I am convinced he will stay at SS for most of his career. I good deal for both sides I think.

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to reject trades back and forth.

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to reject trades back and forth.

Count me in. :hifive:

Seems like the value of long-term prospects is higher than before.

Looks like I am in win now mode.

I have Gary Sanchez, Javier Baez, Gregory Polanco, Jonathan Singleton, Jameson Taillon, Matthew Wisler, Kyle Crick, Kevin Gausman, Kyle Zimmer and Dylan Bundy available.

I am also willing to move my young major leaguers in the right deal.

I will be looking at some possible trades tomorrow and maybe throw some offers out there.

It definitely is. It used to be easy to go get top prospects off the wire. Now they're all snapped up early.

Seeing as I've traded off some assets like Lee/Nathan/Sandoval for prospects, it's probably a matter of perception of find the next big thing these days. Trout/Harper and to a lesser extent Fernandez/Myers have helped skew the prospect curve a bit IMO. Not used to having young players real close to star status so quickly and so young. I was looking to deal my older pitching and closers for younger assets because my cupboard was pretty dry.

Also coming into the league, the best offensive prospects available seemed to be in the 60+ range in BA rankings so with so many younger guys controlled on teams, their value goes up. Can't attempt to rebuild if all the potential youngins are being hoarded.

Edited by The Flying Elvis

Wow, that was quite a day of trades.

I'm still looking to deal a SS for anyone in need.

And with that blockbuster, I'm committed to rebuilding.

Still available: Shin-soo Choo, Jhonny Peralta, Coco Crisp, Will Venable, Adam Lind, Jake Peavy, Scott Kazmir.

Eventually I'd also like to move Cole Hamels, but I'll wait until he proves he's healthy.

I'm going to keep Kershaw and Upton because I still expect them to be good when I'm ready to compete again.

Edited by Spartans Rule

All these trades involving prospects bodes well for the future of the league, yes?

Mulling a couple offers for Choo and will be busy at work tonight. Will try to respond soon.

So do tomorrow's Aussie games count for us? As I look at the lineup screen, it shows the first game as 3/30 LA vs. SD.

So do tomorrow's Aussie games count for us? As I look at the lineup screen, it shows the first game as 3/30 LA vs. SD.

Fixed. The games in Sydney will count.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now, if you could just tell me whether starting Wade Miley is a good/bad idea I'll be all set.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now, if you could just tell me whether starting Wade Miley is a good/bad idea I'll be all set.

The ballpark dimensions are short down the lines but there's a ton of foul ground. Of course, curveballs will rotate in the opposite direction down under.

Rules clarification for the new guys: The injured slot is effectively a 37th roster spot. You don't need a doctor's note to use it.

Rules clarification for the new guys: The injured slot is effectively a 37th roster spot. You don't need a doctor's note to use it.

Also, if you have 36 healthy guys so that you are able to use that 37th spot on another healthy body... #### you.

FYI

Have a commish question for you. When I traded for Billy Hamilton he had SS eligibility and now all of sudden he doesnt. How does it change already. Doesnt make a lot of sense.

Hamilton had SS eligibility in 2013 because he played there as a minor leaguer in 2012. If you slotted him as a SS at the end of the 2013 season, there's an anomaly in the CBS system that allows you to keep him at that position this year. But once you move him out of that position even for an off day, he loses SS eligibility and reverts to his 2014 eligible positions.

There's not much we can do about it. CBS permits it and I can't override it in Commissioner's settings.

Edited by Eephus

I'd like to start collecting money, but we still have an issue that Finless never paid last year. Eephus and Hoos are both supposed to be rolled in from last year's winnings but I only have enough left to cover one of them.

Any thoughts on how to handle this? Do we take that out of the prize pool for this year? All chip in a little extra this time? PIK offered to cover him at one point so if that's still on the table that would solve the problem.

Anyway, once we get that figured out I'll post my paypal address on the league site.

The George Springer era has begun!! :towelwave:

Also, Tim Lincecum. :finger:

Timmy has a 17/1 K/BB ratio this season. He hung one to Uribe but he managed to pitch around trouble last night. He got into a lot of deep counts though which is going to turn him into a 5-6 inning starter if he can't manage it better.

Timmy has a 17/1 K/BB ratio this season. He hung one to Uribe but he managed to pitch around trouble last night. He got into a lot of deep counts though which is going to turn him into a 5-6 inning starter if he can't manage it better.

Yeah, the finger was because I left him on my bench after his previous two starts. Now watch, I'll have him in my lineup next time out...and he'll give up 3 HRs again.

Yeah, the finger was because I left him on my bench after his previous two starts. Now watch, I'll have him in my lineup next time out...and he'll give up 3 HRs again.

He's a guy I'll never have on my fantasy teams. I love him but don't trust him.

The "Tim Lincecum for Josh Johnson" trade would not be in the 'good trade for both teams' category.

The "Tim Lincecum for Josh Johnson" trade would not be in the 'good trade for both teams' category.

:hifive:

I'd like to start collecting money, but we still have an issue that Finless never paid last year. Eephus and Hoos are both supposed to be rolled in from last year's winnings but I only have enough left to cover one of them.

Any thoughts on how to handle this? Do we take that out of the prize pool for this year? All chip in a little extra this time? PIK offered to cover him at one point so if that's still on the table that would solve the problem.

Anyway, once we get that figured out I'll post my paypal address on the league site.

Someone just please PM me when I can pay.

Ok, executive decision: Everyone who was in the league last year kicks in $5 extra this year to cover Finless. Except Eephus and Hoos because it would be silly to have them just send me $5.

Sound good?

Also, Scott Kazmir is pitching way too well to be wasted on my crappy team. Somebody give me a good young player/prospect for him. Preferrably a bat.

Ok, executive decision: Everyone who was in the league last year kicks in $5 extra this year to cover Finless. Except Eephus and Hoos because it would be silly to have them just send me $5.

Sound good?

Only $5 , no big deal, Whats the backstory here , was he a deadbeat ?

Sound good?

Only $5 , no big deal, Whats the backstory here , was he a deadbeat ?

Backstory

Homer Bailey and Wade Miley are available. Looking for SB.