Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eephus

Serious Biz Dynasty - Year 11 - Ownership Change

2,999 posts in this topic

CBS app not giving me credit for Paxton’s outting today. WTF? 

5 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

CBS app not giving me credit for Paxton’s outting today. WTF? 

The app has screwed up my stats many times for various reasons (mostly if I sub a guy out for the next day's lineup). It's always right if I look in a web browser though.

2 people like this

Just realized that my 3 best players so far this season were all left unprotected in the competitive balance draft. I took Eddie Rosario and left Scooter Gennett and Patrick Corbin out there. Corbin probably wasn’t on anyone’s radar but I thought someone might grab Scooter.

Should be even more interesting next season with the recent draftees thrown in. :popcorn:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Spartans Rule said:

Just realized that my 3 best players so far this season were all left unprotected in the competitive balance draft. I took Eddie Rosario and left Scooter Gennett and Patrick Corbin out there. Corbin probably wasn’t on anyone’s radar but I thought someone might grab Scooter.

Should be even more interesting next season with the recent draftees thrown in. :popcorn:

Meanwhile the 3 players I drafted are either suspended or terrible. 

2 hours ago, Spartans Rule said:

My saves specs in the competitive balance draft were abysmal.  :bag:

Corbin was on my radar, should have been my pick.

2 people like this

Rosario and Haniger looking like the best cb picks out the gate, both taken by top 4 teams <_<  

Draft

Wacha's been a solid acquisition for me.  I expect Kevin Maitan to tear up short season ball starting next week :rolleyes:

Losing Kyle Wright doesn't look like a big problem right now.  The Braves jumped him to AA where he's been poor.

Halfway through the season and I’m in third. Don’t have enough pitching to challenge for the title, but I’m pleased with this team’s progress. :thumbup: 

I would like to add Rays SS prospect Wander Franco. He is not in the CBS database, but should be eligible since he signed in 2017. @Eephus can correct me if I am wrong.

I'll drop Leody Taveras to make room.

3 hours ago, Spartans Rule said:

I would like to add Rays SS prospect Wander Franco. He is not in the CBS database, but should be eligible since he signed in 2017. @Eephus can correct me if I am wrong.

He's a July 2017 signing so he's eligible.  I'll make the change tonight.

Who knew there were three guys all named Wander Franco in the low minors.  And two of them are in the Giants organization.

Just now, Eephus said:

He's a July 2017 signing so he's eligible.  I'll make the change tonight.

Who knew there were three guys all named Wander Franco in the low minors.  And two of them are in the Giants organization.

All three are brothers, and their father is also named Wander Franco. The George Foremans of Dominican baseball.

5 people like this

I'm not in last for the first time in like three years.  I have some speed I could move for a top prospect. 

I will move Kyle Hendricks or Tyler Anderson to anyone who needs help in Wins or whip.  

On 7/12/2018 at 1:57 PM, Spartans Rule said:

I guess I need to drop the 23 year old KC guy huh? :bag:

2 people like this

OWNERSHIP CHANGE:

I've added one of @Doctor Detroit real life friends as a co-owner of the Arsenal of Moops team.  Both current owners are OK with the move.  I don't think the new guy is on this board.

The hope is that the new guy will be able to take an active role for the remainder of the year 11 season in advance of taking over the team in 2019.

3 people like this

"real life friend" very suspicious <_< 

Welcome new guy :bye:

On 8/23/2018 at 1:19 PM, Eephus said:

OWNERSHIP CHANGE:

I've added one of @Doctor Detroit real life friends as a co-owner of the Arsenal of Moops team.  Both current owners are OK with the move.  I don't think the new guy is on this board.

The hope is that the new guy will be able to take an active role for the remainder of the year 11 season in advance of taking over the team in 2019.

I'll send him a link to the board.  I think he plans on making some moves after the Sept 1 callups.  :coffee:

1 person likes this

I didn’t know Soroka was available. :bag: 

1 person likes this

Good to see the new guy being active, even though he took the top 2 guys on my end-of-season flyer list (Nolan Jones and Duplantier).

2 people like this

Wow! New guy wiped out half of my watch list.  Nice job.  

1 person likes this

New guy also believes there IS such thing as a pitching prospect.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

New guy also believes there IS such thing as a pitching prospect.

That strategy is fraught with peril but it kind of makes sense.  Arsenal's pitching staff is horrible and we've picked the top 100 hitting prospects to the bone.

2 people like this

When life gives you lemons, make Tinstaapp lemonade. 

2 people like this

On 8/23/2018 at 0:19 PM, Eephus said:

OWNERSHIP CHANGE:

If anyone wants to take over my team it can be available. Not sure what the payouts are, but I'm close to being in the money. If I do win anything for 3rd or 4th, it can be kept in the pot to put towards the replacement owners entrance fee. Thanks for a good year but I just didn't enjoy the league as much as I was hoping. Good luck to everyone in the future!

Sorry to see you go @shady inc.  You've been an active owner and built a pretty balanced team quickly.

One thing I will say is a year is kind of short to get the full impression of Serious Biz.  The format separates itself from standard leagues over a longer haul. 

6 people like this

Shady why? No! 

1 person likes this

You nerds drove him away.

2 people like this

I’ve made my pitch to Shady to stay. He’s done a great job, has a good team, and is active. I think he feels he’s neglecting his team because of time, but I think we’re all in the same boat. 

I try to stay locked in but I missed Soroka being dropped, and probably a lot more. In my daily redraft leagues I try to pay attention but I will admit I put this team on cruise control at times. Not because I don’t care, but because in this league there is always next year. 

Best $50 league in fantasy sports history imo. I left too, but I left leaving a partner. I left because I had a new job, was moving across the world, and thought I could just forget. I was wrong, I should have stayed in some capacity and I apologize for that. 

Stay @shady inc :bow: 

Edited by Doctor Detroit
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I’ve made my pitch to Shady to stay. He’s done a great job, has a good team, and is active. I think he feels he’s neglecting his team because of time, but I think we’re all in the same boat. 

I try to stay locked in but I missed Soroka being dropped, and probably a lot more. In my daily redraft leagues I try to pay attention but I will admit I put this team on cruise control at times. Not because I don’t care, but because in this league there is always next year. 

Best $50 league in fantasy sports history imo. I left too, but I left leaving a partner. I left because I had a new job, was moving across the world, and thought I could just forget. I was wrong, I should have stayed in some capacity and I apologize for that. 

Stay @shady inc :bow: 

Definitely in the same boat. There’s a small part of me that roots against my own team at the start of every year, just because it’s nice to be able to put it on cruise for a while and not stress over the daily lineups.

There are times when it feels like a lot and I’ve wanted to quit but I know I would miss this league way too much. I really want to win a title for Kershaw and Upton since they’ve been studs for me for 9 years - even though they’re millionaires who have no idea who I am. It’s silly, but that’s a level of emotional investment I feel with this league that’s unlike any other I’ve played.

2 people like this

On 9/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, shady inc said:

Not sure what the payouts are

It's 300/200/100 for the top 3 spots.

We used to pay 50 for 4th but we dropped that when contracting from 13 teams to 12.

I traded Francisco Lindor and dropped Didi Gregorius. I hate myself for this league all the time.

12 minutes ago, RnR said:

I traded Francisco Lindor and dropped Didi Gregorius. I hate myself for this league all the time.

I traded Mike Trout for Dan Uggla and Mookie Betts for Andrew McCutchen.

Thanks for Didi though.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Spartans Rule said:

Thanks for Didi though.

No wonder you want to quit

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, Spartans Rule said:

Thanks for Didi though.

Flags fly forever

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Spartans Rule said:

Thanks for Didi though.

I also got Taillon in the Betts deal IIRC. 

Youre the champ though. So...

2 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

I refuse to think about one guy I traded.

:bye:

14 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I also got Taillon in the Betts deal IIRC. 

Youre the champ though. So...

Giolito was in the Betts deal. I think Taillon was in the Frazier/Baez trade.

And I’m not the champ yet. It’s unlikely but I could still blow this.

1 person likes this

Interesting to see where I've gotten the players on my current roster:

Traded for:

C Gary Sanchez VIA Trade for Sal Perez and Doolittle

1B Eric Hosmer VIA trade for Cody Allen and Blake Snell.  Snell was then dealt five more times I think but I was first to roster him. 

OF Mookie Betts with Giolito (since dropped) VIA TRADE for Cutch and Belt

2B Javy Baez and SP Jameson Taillon VIA trade for Todd Frazier and Luke Gregerson

3B Eugenio Suarez VIA trade for RP Justin Wilson

OF Manny Margot with Dan Vogelbach (since dropped) for Jose Bautista

OF Yoenis Cespedes with Wong (since dropped) for SP Michael Fulmer and Dee Gordon

3B Jeimer Candalario VIA trade for Wily Adames

SP James Paxton for OF Tommy Pham

Also made a terrible trade where I gave up Lo Cain for ####

Acquired via drafts:

2B Brian Dozier VIA 2017 dispersal draft

OF Byron Buxton 1st Round pick in 2015 dispersal draft

SS Aldalberto Mondesi 14th Round of original 2015 dispersal draft

SS Marcus Semien 20th Round of original 2015 dispersal draft

OF Nick Castellanos 10th round of 2015 dispersal draft

SP Andrew Heaney 16th round of 2015 draft

3B Michael Chavis 2018 draft

All others via FA

My best FA pickups are Acuna, Soto, McCullers, Ray, and Brendan Rodgers,

Going through this I just noticed a traded between the top two teams this year:

5/4/18 2:29 PM ETHellToupeeSalvador Perez C | KC - Traded from How I Could Just Kela Man5/4/18

5/4/18 2:29 PM ETHow I Could Just Kela ManMatt Carpenter 1B | STL - Traded from HellToupee5/4/18

"ouch"

2 people like this