What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (6 Viewers)

To clarify on the additional roster spots: Am I correct in saying we're going to carry 48 until MLB officially moves back down to 26-man active rosters (2021 or beyond?)? Or will we need to trim back to 40 before the competitive balance draft this offseason?

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify on the additional roster spots: Am I correct in saying we're going to carry 48 until MLB officially moves back down to 26-man active rosters (2021 or beyond?)? Or will we need to trim back to 40 before the competitive balance draft this offseason?
That's a very good question. 

It would probably be easier to keep the expanded rosters until next year's competitive balance draft.  My objective was to allow owners to shuffle 2020 players without letting go of their long-term prospects.

I'll unlock transactions and place all players on waivers tomorrow.

So, am I correct in saying, we can go to 48 players immediately?
Transactions are still locked until tomorrow.  You can increase to 44 with the Monday early AM waivers run and then to 48 with a second run on Wednesday early AM.  Normal FCFS free agents will resume after that.

Players from the 2020 amateur draft and international free agent signing window are off-limits until next year.

Transactions have been reopened.  All eligible players are on waivers until early Monday AM.  You can add four players (plus any add/drops) to get to 44 players.

Process will be repeated on early Wednesday AM to get to the temporary roster limit of 48.

First waivers ran last night.

I think the second waivers will run on Wednesday AM but it's possible it could happen tonight.  I set the CBS transactions policy to not perform waivers on Tuesdays but if you try to add a player now, it says available 7/21 AM.  

:shrug:

Innings Pitched policies have been adjusted for shortened season.

Old (and future) settings: 500 IP min, 1450 IP max

2020 settings:  150 IP min, 600 IP max

I half forgot. I put in claims for my regular revolving door crew of Freddy Peralta and Isaac Paredes, but I did not remember my plan to come back and do a deeper dive later.

That sort of sums up my enthusiasm level for this season.

It looks like waivers ran tonight.  I'll figure out CBS one of these years.

I'll flip the switch for FCFS on Tuesday around noon EDT. 

48 man rosters are ridiculous.  Managing them on mobile will be interesting but I don't have anywhere to go.

Let's keep big rosters at least until the next CB minidraft.  The objective of the rule was to allow people to compete this year without messing with their long-term prospects.  Nothing's really changed in that regard.

2020 has been a ####show but seeing Serious Biz owners using highly illegal transactions to pad "first to own" statistics is something I never thought I'd see. Truly a sad time to be alive. 

Harsh but fair given the morally reprehensible nature of these actions. "First to own" counts will always need an asterisk moving forward. If only there was a remedy to undo their transgressions.  

• Laughing
Reactions: RnR

Users who are viewing this thread