Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
lardonastick

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Brandin Cooks, Los Angeles Rams

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not really sure why someone would have even taken this for Patriot Cooks, nevermind the Ram Cooks of today. 

If you meant Godwin, that's a little better.

Last place team and pretty well stacked at WR. Maybe using the picks to acquire someone else who also has WR’s. That’s my guess anyway but who’s knows. 

On 9/20/2018 at 8:10 AM, Milkman said:

Nobody really considered Goff was an upgrade to Brady but at this stage in their careers he is. Brady missed Cooks deep a ton last year. Cost hom lots of yards and TDs. 

Brandin Cooks: 26 catches, 452 yards.

All of the Patriots' wide receivers combined: 27 catches, 265 yards.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Brandin Cooks: 26 catches, 452 yards.

All of the Patriots' wide receivers combined: 27 catches, 265 yards.

A: Everyone knows the leading receivers on the Patriots are Gronk and the RB's.

B. Things somehow always look more favorable when comparing 4 games to 3.

Other than that it's a great point.

4 hours ago, Milkman said:

Lol at WR2..........

Dudes on pace for a 104-1808-4 season and he's run bad on TDs.......that's 300+ points in PPR. If he's not a WR1 I don't know what is. 

he's consistent too in 2018. Love those solid floors. TDs will come, he barely missed two last week.

• Like 2

Guys, no need to argue about who is the #1 WR in this offense. Who cares! This is Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley circa 2004. We are all winners.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mnmplayer said:

Guys, no need to argue about who is the #1 WR in this offense. Who cares! This is Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley circa 2004. We are all winners.

Yeah I agree. Just think Cooks will end up on top and I wouldn't trade Cooks for either of those guys straight up. Minnesota put their #1 DB on Cooks too. 

Yahoo still projecting Cooks to score 11 points a week the rest of the year when he's currently 2nd in receiving yards, 5th in receptions (1 extra game) and averaging 8+ targets and 19.70 points a game.

LOL Yahoo. Might want to adjust your projections up a little.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Team Smokin' said:

What's up with Cooks heading into week 6? Concussion protocol or playing?

Did a walk-thru yesterday, but not yet cleared.  Hoping for good news tonight.

https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/status/1050477992219033600

#LARams HC Sean McVay says WRs Brandin Cooks and Cooper Kupp (concussion) will participate in individual drills today. If they get through everything symptom free, they’ll practice in full tomorrow. And if they get through tomorrow fine, they’ll be good to go for Sunday.

• Like 2

Brandin Cooks caught 2-of-6 targets for 53 yards in the Rams' Week 6 win over the Broncos.

Cooks caught a 44-yard pass on the Rams' third play from scrimmage and went into witness protection thereafter. The Rams' passing attack never really got off the ground as it dealt with injury to Cooper Kupp and watched Todd Gurley go bonkers on the ground. Cooks should bounce back as a high-end WR2 for Week 7 against the 49ers.

Oct 14 - 7:39 PM

Monster day this week. Pick up in targets and now Kupp is unfortunately done for the year with an ACL. Does the Kupp injury elevate Cooks into a WR1?

He is #18 already ppg in my scoring system so not too far to go.

1 hour ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

Monster day this week. Pick up in targets and now Kupp is unfortunately done for the year with an ACL. Does the Kupp injury elevate Cooks into a WR1?

I would think it does. He's now a high volume big play threat. Top-10 is very reasonable. 

2 hours ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

Realistically he's already a WR1.  His ppg is deflated by the game where he got a 0 after leaving early with a concussion.  Throwing that game out he's at 18.3ppg which is top 10 in the league.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that his worst game of the year that he actually played the whole thing was the week immediately following the injury.  Realistically outside of that one big hit screwing him up for a week or so he's been pretty incredible.

Regarding Kupp, both Cooks and Woods' numbers actually declined in the two games Kupp missed a few weeks ago, though obviously two games isn't much of a sample size.

Cooks is pretty much a must start now.  He had one game where he got knocked out early, and the next 2 where he got 5 & 6 targets.  The other 7 games he has 8 or more targets.  At this point, I think 8 targets is his floor.  With his 70% catch rate and 16.8 YPC, that puts him around 5/6 catches and 94 YPG.

Thoughts on his value in relation to 2019 first round pick? Worth it in the 1.1 - 1.4 range? Knowing that there does not seem to be a clear cut 1.1 next year and it looks like top 2-3 might be WR.

Edited by ex-ghost

28 minutes ago, ex-ghost said:

Thoughts on his value in relation to 2019 first round pick? Worth it in the 1.1 - 1.4 range? Knowing that there does not seem to be a clear cut 1.1 next year and it looks like top 2-3 might be WR.

He's worth double that imo......

1 hour ago, ex-ghost said:

some seriously talented wrs next year. top 3 may be wrs. not sure if Harris will sneak in there, but it's possible. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

some seriously talented wrs next year. top 3 may be wrs. not sure if Harris will sneak in there, but it's possible. 

Would you rather have Cooks or the best 2019 drafted WR?

12 minutes ago, ex-ghost said:

Harry may be the best wr prospect in the last 5 years, so its tempting. Depends on where these guys go. 

If I had Cooks I would want a 1.1-1.3 and something else. 1.1 alone is not worth him imo. Maybe 1.1 and a 2018 rookie wr like James Washington or Gallup. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 7:31 PM, ex-ghost said:

Like @Dr. Dan said location is big, that’s probably why I’d probably rather have Cooks:

Just signed a 5 year contract in LA and we’ve seen enough of his usage there to see that’s huge value.

Not sure there’s much upside left for you in that trade, and there’s a lot of risk.

3 hours ago, jtp1982 said:

Like @Dr. Dan said location is big, that’s probably why I’d probably rather have Cooks:

Just signed a 5 year contract in LA and we’ve seen enough of his usage there to see that’s huge value.

Not sure there’s much upside left for you in that trade, and there’s a lot of risk.

if Harry goes to Buffalo hes off draft board. NYJ, Baltimore, Vleveland would be a dream

Brandin Cooks caught 8-of-12 targets for 107 yards in the Rams' 54-51, Week 11 win over the Chiefs on Monday night.

Cooks' 12 targets led the team in the first game without Cooper Kupp (knee), while Robert Woods had 11 looks and scored a touchdown. The only thing missing from Cooks' line was a trip to the end zone, but the Rams were getting the ball in his hands deep down the field and also close to the line of scrimmage, allowing him to showcase his speed. He had one pass knocked out of his hands on what would have been a 45-yard completion, and Jared Goff also short-hopped him on two deep middle crosses, so Cooks could have had a much bigger night. Still, he's topped 100 yards in three-straight games and gets the bye before a Week 13 date at the Lions.

Nov 20 - 12:32 AM