Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bob Magaw

Official Odell Beckham, Jr.

Odell is getting further evaluation on his bruised quad at the Hospital for Special Surgery.  Pat Shurmur says he is not expected to practice today.  He was limited yesterday. I'd be against him suiting up - Art Stapleton on twitter.  - Giants Beat reporter.

Sounds like a setback to me.  But going to put this here anyway.

"Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN 57m

Giants send Odell Beckham Jr. "outside the building" for "further evaluation" on Thursday, per Pat Shurmur. Beckham not at practice. Shurmur says no setback. https://t.co/eN36vxLFEQ

Beat Writer / Columnist"

"Pat Shurmur said Thursday that Odell Beckham Jr. (quad) was getting “checked out … outside the building” and was not expected to practice, though the coach said Beckham had not suffered any setback.

“I don’t expect him to be out there. He’s getting further evaluation today and we’ll find out,” Shurmur said, adding when asked if OBJ had suffered a setback: “No. We’re just getting it checked out. It doesn’t mean anything.”"

Edited by steelwind

1 minute ago, steelwind said:

Sounds like a setback to me.  But going to put this here anyway.

"Pat Leonard @PLeonardNYDN 57m

Giants send Odell Beckham Jr. "outside the building" for "further evaluation" on Thursday, per Pat Shurmur. Beckham not at practice. Shurmur says no setback. https://t.co/eN36vxLFEQ

Beat Writer / Columnist"

Bloom doesn't even rank him. 

21 minutes ago, oddsbodkins said:

Even if he's cleared to play, could be on a snap count or a decoy. Hopefully he'll practice tomorrow and we won't have to worry about it. 

Have to decide on players tonight (Jackson/Williams) or bench both and have only Sterling Shepard as an option Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Have to decide on players tonight (Jackson/Williams) or bench both and have only Sterling Shepard as an option Sunday.

Shepard isn't a bad option if OBJ is out.

8 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

ppr?  if standard id prob start both tonight

14 minutes ago, Deamon said:

ppr?  if standard id prob start both tonight

PPR.  Leaning Jackson slightly over Williams/Shepard.  I think OBJ sits.

Dr Chao said it’s normal to visit that hospital but isn’t sure if it’s a set back.  If it’s just a briuse he should play. 

Edited by Gottabesweet

Giants tweeted that he’s getting better every day and it will be a GTD.  He has a meet and greet tonight.  Do players typically cancel these if out?

Edited by Gottabesweet

I heard an interview with him in the locker room. I'd be shocked if he played. Didn't sound like someone who was ready to play. 

2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I heard an interview with him in the locker room. I'd be shocked if he played. Didn't sound like someone who was ready to play. 

How recent? I see tonight he’s doing a holiday giveaway. Here’s what Chao said. 

Yes, leg whip with quad contusion early this season  

But #OBJ played the next week.

Didn't show up on injury report until following Friday.

That is the part that doesn't make sense.

And by 3 weeks, should be better.

Team docs are out of HSS and routinely make visits to @Giants team facility. So is this more tests or a second opinion with other doctors?

Sorry for you redraft guys. I have him in dynasty and need him as well, but long term I have no concerns. The good news is if he plays, he will not be a decoy. When he plays, he plays. 

2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Team docs are out of HSS and routinely make visits to @Giants team facility. So is this more tests or a second opinion with other doctors?

I will guess that he will be active and be more of a decoy. Which is odd because NYG have nothing to play for so why risk your best player :shrug: So maybe he will be out, but it seems like he will be active this week IMO. Just what I gather from what I read

Edited by Dr. Dan

Have a feeling he won’t go, have Tyrell Williams and josh Reynolds left after already losing AJ and Kupp. Feel like Tyrell has a solid game with the chargers passing a lot to make up for all the injuries at RB so going bold and starting Tyrell tonight over Odell. Possibly would have a flex spot to put Odell in over Samuels if Conner plays

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I will guess that he will be active and be more of a decoy. Which is odd because NYG have nothing to play for so why risk your best player :shrug: So maybe he will be out, but it seems like he will be active this week IMO. Just what I gather from what I read

Why do you think that? I'm hoping you're right, but something tells me he sits. He will not be a decoy. He's not risking injury if not capable of playing.

As someone mentioned before, if he plays he will start for me. I don’t see ODB being a decoy even if that is what the team has in mind. He may not go for 12/150 but I can see 7/80/1 and that is just fiiiine with me. 

If he doesn’t, really going to regret trading CMC for him...(full disclosure CMC would be thrown back and ODB is now a keeper for next year - never could have done it straight up but this is how you can get burnt getting cute and playing for the future)

Edited by Elevencents

3 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

It was this afternoon after the second opinion

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago

#Giants coach Pat Shurmur has ruled out WR Odell Beckham Jr. for Sunday’s game against the #Titans. He’s still battling this quad issue.

Welp.  At least there won't be any GTD and Saturday players like Robby Anderson are options.  Bright side, bright side.  :wall:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Every year there is something with this diva.  Never drafting him again.

3 out of his 5 years he has missed fantasy playoff games. One was a suspension, last year was the broken leg, and now this year his quad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crash Davis said:

Welp.  At least there won't be any GTD and Saturday players like Robby Anderson are options.  Bright side, bright side.  :wall:

Yea but too bad he wasn't ruled out 24hrs ago when I had Mike Williams to plug in for him :kicksrock:

• Like 2

Wow. I had the highest score in the league this year, and now with OBJ and Allen both out, I'll probably be out in the first round to someone that barely got in. 

Such is fantasy football. So much more luck than anyone ever wants to admit.:ptts:

8 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Wow. I had the highest score in the league this year, and now with OBJ and Allen both out, I'll probably be out in the first round to someone that barely got in. 

Such is fantasy football. So much more luck than anyone ever wants to admit.:ptts:

its almost all luck bud

20 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Same - Allen, OBJ, Gordon.  Took the 0 with Allen yesterday.  Likely eliminated this week unless my 42 point lead plus 5 players holds on vs. his 8 players.

Now I'm just hoping I can hold on to my points lead.  It was 120, now it's down to 50 since these injuries.

38 minutes ago, need2know said:

its almost all luck bud

Yep. Meanwhile, another playoff team started D Williams and J Jackson at RB, and ended up with 47.8 pts from those two players who he plucked up off the FA scrapheap over the last few weeks. 😂

Thankful Damien Williams started off good for me with this...Curtis Samuel, come on down. 🤮

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yea but too bad he wasn't ruled out 24hrs ago when I had Mike Williams to plug in for him :kicksrock:

That sucks but I did kind of warn everyone that there was no chance he was playing yesterday

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I was in the same boat. Heard that he went to the hospital to get the quad looked at and really felt no way he was going to play. I literally had to start Williams. I'm glad I did but now having to decide between Ian Thomas and Jordy Nelson. Year 2 of Odell not being available for the fantasy playoffs. Does anyone else feel he has the injury stench on him?

• Like 1

Lost A.J. and now ODB. Having to roll with Zay Jones and Adam Humphries and Fitz in the Semi's. If I make it through, I also doubt he is avail next week.

• Like 1