What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (3 Viewers)

8/125/2 Not a bad 1st half.

The best part is those numbers aren't really padded by blown coverage or missed tackles or anything like that. He's just that good.

It's harder to double team a slot WR, right? Sorry, just not much of an X & O guy, and I'm thinking ahead to 2nd half & rest of season. Hoping McAdoo is willing ot use Odell more in the slot to avoid coverage...it'd mean having nothing on the outside, but I have to think they'll do whatever it takes to get him the ball.

This kid does something to amaze me every week. I normally hate hyperbole, but I can't help but think that he's going to go down as one of the best ever before it's all said and done.

This kid does something to amaze me every week. I normally hate hyperbole, but I can't help but think that he's going to go down as one of the best ever before it's all said and done.
In 5 weeks he's probably got 10 highlight catches. Super fast, unreal hands, amazing balance & agility, great route runner, high points the ball, great leaping ability...I could go on.

I have him on one team where my other WRs are Gordon, Julio, Hilton and Evans. As far as I'm concerned after watching this game and the Seattle game, he is matchup proof. There isn't a CB who can shut him down. That catch tonight...I mean, who could defend him?

I have him on one team where my other WRs are Gordon, Julio, Hilton and Evans. As far as I'm concerned after watching this game and the Seattle game, he is matchup proof. There isn't a CB who can shut him down. That catch tonight...I mean, who could defend him?
The guy grabbed him by the shirt and he still couldn't stop him.

In 5 weeks he's probably got 10 highlight catches. Super fast, unreal hands, amazing balance & agility, great route runner, high points the ball, great leaping ability...I could go on.
please do.

ODB has Cris Carter's hands and Joey Galloway's speed.

That's SCARY!! :o

I'm calling BS here - you can't go on.

I'm calling BS here - you can't go on.
My ball mentality, great separation, infectious enthusiasm, can run the entire route tree....the sky's the limit. I'm done but that's only 5 weeks in...hit me up at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should have just had another 80+ yard TD as he juked the defender out of his shoes and was wide open deep, but Eli didn't see him.

From the OP:

Very impressive athleticism and ball skills. He looks like he has a lot of positive traits and attributes associated with WR success (though not tall at 5'11", but a proportionate 200 lbs. - also, he only had seven reps). He has a very smooth, under control runnning form, speed, quickness, balance, stop start ability, tracks the ball downfield, timing, elite agility and body control, high points the ball and outstanding hands, a creative open field runner with explosive return skills, etc.
I think you got this one right, Bob.

Soooooo does anyone have a link to one of the cheap jersey sites?

My 11 year old daughter wants an Odell Beckham Jr jersey after seeing that catch

Rank the rookie WR's right now for dynasty purposes. My PPR top 10 in order:

Sammy

Evans

OBJ

Matthews

Cooks

Benjamin

Robinson

Landry

Adams

Bryant

Rank the rookie WR's right now for dynasty purposes. My top 10:

Sammy

Evans

OBJ

Matthews

Cooks

Benjamin

Robinson

Landry

Adams

Bryant
Unbelievable crew. GB the young fellas.

Beckham can be unstoppable. You can't press him or he can make you look silly, so in turn he could get 10 easy grabs any week. He and Sammy can be as good as the QB play they get. Evans can be great with me throwing it to him.

I would put OBJ above Sammy and move him to #2. I would rather have Eli throwing to OBJ instead of whoever Buffalo has.

I think I'd take Beckham over Sammy. Tough call between Evans and Beckham for me. I feel like Beckham is just as good of a route runner and has just as good of balance and control as Sammy, but also has shown to make ridiculous catches as well which we haven't seen from Sammy. Sammy is a great traditional WR, but I'm not sure his hands are as good as Beckhams. I'm not sure there are many WR's in the league that have the hands of Beckham though.

Evans is just a monster. The size difference he brings to the table makes him an extremely valuable asset even if his overall skills aren't quite as good as Beckham or Sammy. I really feel bad for the people who reached on Sankey in drafts and missed out on all these elite WR's.

Y'all remember when the original ODB changed his name to Big Baby Jesus? How gangsta would it be if Beckham followed suit.

Beckham

Evan

Edit: Watkins

Benjamin

Beckham just has that "it" factor.

And if Dirty want his money, I think y'all should give him his money.

Beckham is a BEAST!

That one handed TD catch was one of the sickest catches of all time! Best hands in the NFL, and he's only a rookie.

The craziest thing is he was sidelined with an injury for a bunch of games to start his rookie season, and has proceeded to look like, not only a seasoned vet, but one of the best WR's in the NFL! Very impressive.

Rank the rookie WR's right now for dynasty purposes. My top 10:

Sammy

Evans

OBJ

Matthews

Cooks

Benjamin

Robinson

Landry

Adams

Bryant
Unbelievable crew. GB the young fellas.

Beckham can be unstoppable. You can't press him or he can make you look silly, so in turn he could get 10 easy grabs any week. He and Sammy can be as good as the QB play they get. Evans can be great with me throwing it to him.
I didn't get to see the first half of the game, but he seemed to have trouble getting free at the LOS when the CB was playing up on him with no cushion. He kept trying some kind of stationary head fake at the snap rather than moving into and through and thus Manning was having to let the ball go before he could get free. I don't know if he was doing that all game and someone just told the CB's to not bite on the fakes during halftime or what. After seeing the stat line and tuning in, I was ready for some second half fireworks.

I'll have to watch it again, JTS. Seems like every time I looked up, the DB was ten yards off of him. He so slippery, it seemed like they were scared to death of him.

Users who are viewing this thread