What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (2 Viewers)

If I lose this week it ain't because of this guy. Wow what a waiver wire pick up for me. Has saved my season.
Same here. I might lose this week, but ODB totally saved my WR corps (had no one dependable to start w/ Jordy until ODB established himself).

completely unstoppable…everyone knows it's coming to him and still cannot stop him. I keep thinking that at some point he's got to be slowed down but he's just unreal. He's the top WR in football right now and not by a little. He had the 4th TD as well. He's just sick. Not enough accolades for him and what he's done as a rookie. Never seen anything like this in over 20 years of FF.
Wut. Really?

I've been getting a lot of offers for him (one involving Calvin Johnson) but I'm not moving him.
i'm trying to trade Watkins for him straight up but not getting any interest.

As far as pure athletic ability he's in the top 1% of all NFL players, throw in that everything points to him being passionate and a hard worker it seems like his career has no cap to it.
Like Keenan Allen, circa 2013.
Seems like you are afraid admit that you missed on your evaluation of the guy. Sour grapes? It's ok man, it happens....
Nope, had him as the #3 WR in the draft and compared him to Greg Jennings. Just think the hype is a little out of control. We'll see...
I'd say the hype is a little light. And I really don't see any Greg Jennings in his game other than they both play WR.

I've been getting a lot of offers for him (one involving Calvin Johnson) but I'm not moving him.

As far as pure athletic ability he's in the top 1% of all NFL players, throw in that everything points to him being passionate and a hard worker it seems like his career has no cap to it.
Indeed :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
completely unstoppable…everyone knows it's coming to him and still cannot stop him. I keep thinking that at some point he's got to be slowed down but he's just unreal. He's the top WR in football right now and not by a little. He had the 4th TD as well. He's just sick. Not enough accolades for him and what he's done as a rookie. Never seen anything like this in over 20 years of FF.
Wut. Really?
Yep, a 30 yarder called back by penalty

completely unstoppableeveryone knows it's coming to him and still cannot stop him. I keep thinking that at some point he's got to be slowed down but he's just unreal. He's the top WR in football right now and not by a little. He had the 4th TD as well. He's just sick. Not enough accolades for him and what he's done as a rookie. Never seen anything like this in over 20 years of FF.
Ok let's slow down here. I'm a Giants fan but Odell's rookie season is nothing like Randy Moss's in '98. Absolutely incredible.

completely unstoppableeveryone knows it's coming to him and still cannot stop him. I keep thinking that at some point he's got to be slowed down but he's just unreal. He's the top WR in football right now and not by a little. He had the 4th TD as well. He's just sick. Not enough accolades for him and what he's done as a rookie. Never seen anything like this in over 20 years of FF.
Ok let's slow down here. I'm a Giants fan but Odell's rookie season is nothing like Randy Moss's in '98. Absolutely incredible.
Moss Rookie Year

16 games - 69/1313/17td’s

per game - 4.3/82/1.06 TD’s

Beckham Rookie Year
9 games - 71/972/9 td’s
per game 7.9/108/1 TD

I can't think of a better WR than him right now. He's the top IMO

If I lose this week it ain't because of this guy. Wow what a waiver wire pick up for me. Has saved my season.
Same here. I might lose this week, but ODB totally saved my WR corps (had no one dependable to start w/ Jordy until ODB established himself).
Same :wub: Except he's my #1 with Greg Jennings and charles Johnson after trading hunter (32 teams)

Honestly don't know how many guys I'd trade him straight up for but it's not many.

I also would like to know when the fumble happened. I don't see it on the list of plays, but it's in his stat line.

he might be the only reason i am in my league's superbowl after the lackluster efforts of the other players on my team. kinda of crazy really.

Indeed :lol:
:bag:

Moss Rookie Year

16 games - 69/1313/17tds

per game - 4.3/82/1.06 TDs

Beckham Rookie Year

9 games - 71/972/9 tds

per game 7.9/108/1 TD
Haha. Not bad. 1000 yards in 10 games with maybe 10 tds. Also consider how much they're using him now as opposed to early on. Coming off the injury they eased him in with 4-44-1, 2-28, and 4-34-2. After that he became the focal point of the offense and exploded. 8-156, 7-108, 6-93, 10-146-2, 7-90, 11-130-1 and then 12-143-3. Those are some sick numbers when he's getting the complete focus of the defense. They literally have no other weapons.That's 61 catches for 866 and 6 tds in his last 7 games. Even in Gordon's historic run last year down the stretch he had 52-1020 and 6.

Moss Rookie Year

16 games - 69/1313/17td’s

per game - 4.3/82/1.06 TD’s

Beckham Rookie Year

9 games - 71/972/9 td’s

per game 7.9/108/1 TD
Haha. Not bad. 1000 yards in 10 games with maybe 10 tds. Also consider how much they're using him now as opposed to early on. Coming off the injury they eased him in with 4-44-1, 2-28, and 4-34-2. After that he became the focal point of the offense and exploded. 8-156, 7-108, 6-93, 10-146-2, 7-90, 11-130-1 and then 12-143-3. Those are some sick numbers when he's getting the complete focus of the defense. They literally have no other weapons.
The last 7 games that you mentioned prorated to a 16 week season would be 140 catches, 1979 yds, and 14 TDs. I'm not saying that's what I expect from him, but those are the stats.

StL not the best matchup in the world next week. I realize I am splitting hairs but really wish he was playing an NFC east foe for the SB.

Odell Beckham dominates again in win over Redskins:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000443669/article/odell-beckham-dominates-again-in-win-over-redskins

Excerpt:

Odell Beckham is the reason this Giants season will always have a silver lining. The rookie receiver continued his domination of the NFL, finishing with 12 receptions for 143 yards and three touchdowns. Another long touchdown catch was wiped away by a holding penalty. Beckham broke Jeremy Shockey's rookie receiving record and may have overtaken Mike Evans as the favorite for the Offensive Rookie Of The Year award. This might be the biggest rookie impact by a wide receiver since Randy Moss in 1998.

Wut. Really?
i think he still scored a td on that possession anyway tho.

anyway, this dude is gonna go super high in redraft next year. hes never reaching the 3rd round. im sure many ppl will covet him ahead of aj green, dez, julio, cobb, jeffery and mebbe even higher. wr next year is gonna be crazy.

Wut. Really?
i think he still scored a td on that possession anyway tho.

anyway, this dude is gonna go super high in redraft next year. hes never reaching the 3rd round. im sure many ppl will covet him ahead of aj green, dez, julio, cobb, jeffery and mebbe even higher. wr next year is gonna be crazy.
No they got stopped on 4th and 1 on that possession. He could be the 1st wr off the board if he continues like this. No lower than top 3-4.

Moss Rookie Year16 games - 69/1313/17tds

per game - 4.3/82/1.06 TDs

Beckham Rookie Year

9 games - 71/972/9 tds

per game 7.9/108/1 TD
Haha. Not bad. 1000 yards in 10 games with maybe 10 tds. Also consider how much they're using him now as opposed to early on. Coming off the injury they eased him in with 4-44-1, 2-28, and 4-34-2. After that he became the focal point of the offense and exploded. 8-156, 7-108, 6-93, 10-146-2, 7-90, 11-130-1 and then 12-143-3. Those are some sick numbers when he's getting the complete focus of the defense. They literally have no other weapons.That's 61 catches for 866 and 6 tds in his last 7 games. Even in Gordon's historic run last year down the stretch he had 52-1020 and 6.
dont forget that all started after Cruz's injury. Cruz will be back next year to take targets

StL not the best matchup in the world next week. I realize I am splitting hairs but really wish he was playing an NFC east foe for the SB.
Yep, I had the same thought. My entire team seems to share the week 16 bad matchup scenario. :shrug: At least I'm in the dance, if I can survive this week, that is.

Moss Rookie Year16 games - 69/1313/17tdsper game - 4.3/82/1.06 TDs Beckham Rookie Year9 games - 71/972/9 tdsper game 7.9/108/1 TD
dont forget that all started after Cruz's injury. Cruz will be back next year to take targets
Not necessarily....torn patella's are much more difficult to come back from than a torn acl.

Anyone that thinks this kid isn't up there with Green, Julio, Dez and the rest is not watching him play football and is just box score watching. Even if Cruz comes back 100 percent healthy, which I doubt, he will be second fiddle to OBJ, and that is a good thing for both players.

Anyone that thinks this kid isn't up there with Green, Julio, Dez and the rest is not watching him play football and is just box score watching. Even if Cruz comes back 100 percent healthy, which I doubt, he will be second fiddle to OBJ, and that is a good thing for both players.
I've watched him almost every week because he's on my team. While looking incredible he didn't flash that height/speed combination until today.

Then that seam route. Wow. World class. Still only 6'0", though.

I've watched him almost every week because he's on my team. While looking incredible he didn't flash that height/speed combination until today.

I guess someone should tell Antonio Brown that you have to be tall to dominate.

And T.Y. Hilton.

You didn't list him. You listed tall, fast guys. Sorry.

wat?

if you are box score watching then id imagine you would prefer beckham considering he has been outscoring those guys, and everyone else.

wat?

if you are box score watching then id imagine you would prefer beckham considering he has been outscoring those guys, and everyone else.
I will help you out since you love to try to do this to me and take things out of contextRead the posts, some people were saying his is this years Keenan Allen. Some people said he will take a back seat to Cruz when he comes back. They are saying he is putting up these great numbers because he is the only weapon. I am telling those people to quit box score watching. Watch him play, he is more talented than Allen.

My user name is LSUFAN lol. I knew he was special. I have him in both of my leagues. Picked him up as soon as they said he could play off waivers. Im in the finals in both leagues im in.

I also picked up CJ Anderson in both leagues. That helps a good bit lol.

Buck Bradcanon said:
Be sure to look at the WR numbers against STL DEF. It was the ARI, WAS and OAK passing games they've shut down in the last 3 weeks. And even then, Garcon had 9/95/0 and Fitz had 7 catches (for 30 yards, but hey....).

Prior to that (I'm only going back to week 6, because it's more of the same), it's a lot of PPR points to the #1 WR, and it's not exactly a murderer's row of offenses:

Leading receivers vs. STL DEF:

Week 6 : SF: Crabtree 3/49/1; Lloyd 1/80/1; Boldin 7/94/1

Week 7 : SEA: Baldwin 7/123/1

Week 8 : KC: Bowe 6/64/0

Week 9 : SF: Boldin 6/93/1

Week 10: ARI: Fitz 9/112/0, JoBrown 5/73/1

Week 11: DEN: Demarius 7/103/0; E.Sanders 5/102/1

Week 12: SD: Keenan Allen 6/104/1

Week 13: OAK: James Jones 6/33/0

Week 14: WAS: Garcon 9/95/0

Week 15: ARI: Fitz 7/30/0

The Giants seem to purposely go away from him like well we can't throw to him every down and then there's drives where I swear Eli only looks his way.

I think you guys gotta remember Cruz and that Randle is a good 3rd WR that usually has a more favorable matchup. To me, Randle looks the same limited self playing more often now, but next year he goes back to being "extra" or somesuch and he's pretty good in that role.

I think Cruz has more breakaway ability and in oh so many other categories Beckham has him beat. Still, the Gmen like that little pass to Cruz where he can catch it on the move and take off. It's such an easy routine play for them, they won't disregard it with Beckham there.

I don't know what his limit is, but ya gotta give this guy some ceiling

My user name is LSUFAN lol. I knew he was special. I have him in both of my leagues. Picked him up as soon as they said he could play off waivers. Im in the finals in both leagues im in.

I also picked up CJ Anderson in both leagues. That helps a good bit lol.
I'm just trying to figure how LSU didn't win the National Title last year with Mettenberger, ODB, Jarvis Landry and Jeremy Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread