What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

From uncoverable to needs cruz back cuz defenses have had a summer of game planning against ODB

This wasn't rocket science, unless you were already claiming him an improved jerry rice... And more than a few were

Every WR not named Antonio Brown has games like this. See Dez, Demaryius, Calvin and AJ Green.
Yup aside from Brown and Hopkins (Texans in crazed catch-up mode most of the game), the top dozen or so receivers were absolute garbage this week. It will even out. Some WILL be busts but it's far too early to tell for pity's sake.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Every WR not named Antonio Brown has games like this. See Dez, Demaryius, Calvin and AJ Green.
Yup aside from Brown and Hopkins (Texans in crazed catch-up mode most of the game), the top dozen or so receivers were absolute garbage this week. It will even out. Some WILL be busts but it's far too early to tell for pity's sake.
Agree and to me, ODB has less reason for concern than Demaryius, Dez (obviously) and AJ Green.

• Smile
Reactions: Jed
I drafted ODB in a dynasty startup draft last year, but count me in as somebody who is a little worried he's more flash than (long term) substance.

Soulfly3 said:
From uncoverable to needs cruz back cuz defenses have had a summer of game planning against ODB

This wasn't rocket science, unless you were already claiming him an improved jerry rice... And more than a few were
This.

packer_junkie said:
He needs more targets... Thats on Eli
I really don't get how guys like Beckham and Calvin are not automatic double digit target guys every single week. Thats just bad game planning or bad decision making by their qbs.

Generally, it is because of coverage and scheme. In OBJ's case, I noticed the Cowboys squatting and jamming him sometimes, and it looked pretty effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was game script as much as anything. They were on the road and lucky to be leading the game so they didn't need to throw the ball much. Not worried a bit. If they want to win games and they aren't handed points like yesterday they'll need to throw the ball and he's their only decent wr. buy now if you have rookie FFers in your leagues.

I traded for him today. I still believe.
what did you give?
This was redraft, no ppr, with bonuses for 100 and 150 yards receiving (or rushing).

I gave J Randle, John Brown, and Kendall Wright. I feel like a dirty thief right now. Guy had weak RB performances and was doubting ODB, so I threw out a quick offer last night. Woke up this morning to his having accepted it.

ETA: I feel like these buy low / sell high trades almost never happen this early, but hey, I'm not complaining about it :)

what did you give?
This was redraft, no ppr, with bonuses for 100 and 150 yards receiving (or rushing).

I gave J Randle, John Brown, and Kendall Wright. I feel like a dirty thief right now. Guy had weak RB performances and was doubt ODB, so I threw out a quick offer last night. Woke up this morning to his having accepted it.
You should. No PPR? Good lord.

I don't know. Have to remember the defense stank it up last year and the RB backfield was a sludgy mess, and really few to no other receiving options. On SNF, the running game seemed in the full mix, the defense was better, Randle seemed active, they went to Fells. I think this how Coughlin wants it. And oh yeah Eli is a certified dummy.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
I don't know. Have to remember the defense stank it up last year and the RB backfield was a sludgy mess, and really few to no other receiving options. On SNF, the running game seemed in the full mix, the defense was better, Randle seemed active, they went to Fells. I think this how Coughlin wants it. And oh yeah Eli is a certified dummy.
OB is still going to have his huge games this season but I don't trust him to do it week in and week out with Eli.

(HULK) said:
Banger said:
(HULK) said:
what did you give?

I gave J Randle, John Brown, and Kendall Wright. I feel like a dirty thief right now. Guy had weak RB performances and was doubting ODB, so I threw out a quick offer last night. Woke up this morning to his having accepted it.

ETA: I feel like these buy low / sell high trades almost never happen this early, but hey, I'm not complaining about it :)
congrats. I like Brown, Randle may be decent but that's a nice trade.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
OB is still going to have his huge games this season but I don't trust him to do it week in and week out with Eli.
Agree on Eli. First he tells the RB not to score (presumably to keep the clock running) then he immediately forgets he's trying to run out the clock and just throws it away instead of taking a sack. Bad decisions, unimpressive throws. Yuck. OBJ owner here, seriously worried but not panicked...yet.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Agree on Eli. First he tells the RB not to score (presumably to keep the clock running) then he immediately forgets he's trying to run out the clock and just throws it away instead of taking a sack. Bad decisions, unimpressive throws. Yuck. OBJ owner here, seriously worried but not panicked...yet.
this isn't new...Eli can look horrible and then come out the next week and look like a star. He'll be fine.

Just acquired Beckham for j. Randle, d. Adams and z. Ertz in a redraft 12 teamer. I'm optimistic. The guy needed depth and none of these were my staters.

It was game script as much as anything. They were on the road and lucky to be leading the game so they didn't need to throw the ball much. Not worried a bit. If they want to win games and they aren't handed points like yesterday they'll need to throw the ball and he's their only decent wr. buy now if you have rookie FFers in your leagues.
Dude is unstoppable if you throw him the ball

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Breaks NFL record held by Boldin today. Think it was # of TDs or catches in first 13 games or something like that.

1 catch in the second half. Nice game plan.
I thought the coaches took too much heat after last weeks debacle. Thought more of the blame shouldn't went to Manning. While I still think Eli's a goober I was wrong. The coaching staff in NY is terrible.

I thought the coaches took too much heat after last weeks debacle. Thought more of the blame shouldn't went to Manning. While I still think Eli's a goober I was wrong. The coaching staff in NY is terrible.
The only proven way to stop Beckham so far is if you stop throwing to him. Also it's not as if the other options are even decent. Parker should be cut with what 5 drops in 2 games, Randle, the whole bunch are horrendous. Like it or not the only way this team has any chance of winning is riding Beckham.

I expect heavy doses of ODB if they have any clue.

The only proven way to stop Beckham so far is if you stop throwing to him. Also it's not as if the other options are even decent. Parker should be cut with what 5 drops in 2 games, Randle, the whole bunch are horrendous. Like it or not the only way this team has any chance of winning is riding Beckham.

If Cruz is really back in 2 weeks, it will really help ODB.

If Cruz is really back in 2 weeks, it will really help ODB.
Maybe but he hasn't had a problem getting open or making plays.

Good article....he's frustrated cuz he's gettin roughed up by defenders.....sounds like he handles the frustration poorly.....physically very gifted....mentally, I think the jury is still out.

Check out @ChrisTrapasso's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChrisTrapasso/status/651444176127717378?s=09

There's no question he threw a punch and hit Duke Williams right in the face here.
Lol a punch against his helmet, wow.
My initial reaction.

Ya I saw this happen live on tv, close up, and was surpised broadcast didn't mention it, let alone ref's call it.

Users who are viewing this thread