Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bob Magaw

Official Odell Beckham, Jr.

Yes Pipes, correct. Today was great, of course! BUT, if you watched the game...again, inexplicably, they went away from odb at the end of the game when it counted most. I don't get it.

I'm not complaining about his fantasy stat line. He paid the bills today. Was awesome. I'm just saying the Giants have no clue how to use him.

Yes Pipes, correct. Today was great, of course! BUT, if you watched the game...again, inexplicably, they went away from odb at the end of the game when it counted most. I don't get it.

I'm not complaining about his fantasy stat line. He paid the bills today. Was awesome. I'm just saying the Giants have no clue how to use him.

The Giants have no clue how to use anybody.

decent game.

Was a full participant in practices and seemed to have that burst back which seemed to be missing the last 2 weeks. Injury is main concern I have with him with the Giants usage being a more distant 2nd concern.

Through the midway point he's on pace for 150 targets, 100 receptions, 1,300 yards and 14 tds.

decent game.

Was a full participant in practices and seemed to have that burst back which seemed to be missing the last 2 weeks. Injury is main concern I have with him with the Giants usage being a more distant 2nd concern.

Through the midway point he's on pace for 150 targets, 100 receptions, 1,300 yards and 14 tds.

But that is what he did last year in 12 games!

I am disappointed. What a bust.

decent game.

So are we supposed to be upset he's on pace for 314 points in a PPR league?

Revis possibly out? Oh boy...

Ya I may start him now.

Why would you not start him? Hopkins torched Revis a couple weeks ago. Revis isn't the same this season.

Ya I may start him now.

Why would you not start him? Hopkins torched Revis a couple weeks ago. Revis isn't the same this season.

For fun, go to the Sammy Watkins thread and check out the part where posters claim Revis shut him down. Yes, FF points were slim that day, but if you watched the game, you'd know that Sammy burned him again and again . . . but the ball wasn't there. It happens. Fantasy Footballers live and die on the most recent week.

Even if Revis plays,ODB is a must start no dought about it. This guy has proven time and time again that defenses cannot cover him. He is a freak.

Edited by rjv

Ya I may start him now.

Revis started out great this season until he hurt his groin. Then he started giving receivers a bigger cushion because he couldn't run with them anymore hence why Watkins and Hopkins were able to beat him deep. Given some time to rest his body, he may come back to shutdown form, albeit he will slow down naturally over time.

Ya I may start him now.

Revis started out great this season until he hurt his groin. Then he started giving receivers a bigger cushion because he couldn't run with them anymore hence why Watkins and Hopkins were able to beat him deep. Given some time to rest his body, he may come back to shutdown form, albeit he will slow down naturally over time.

doubt it - he's probably too old for that to happen.

12 games in Beckham has 78 - 1154 -10...(on pace for 104-1784-13). Last year in the 12 games he played as a rookie he ended up with 91-1305-12.

Even with the slight regression he's essentially tied (in my standard league) for the #1 wr in the NFL. I guess the NFL defenses forgot watch film to shut him down.

makes a case for #1 overall with A brown a close 2nd...

from a support POV it couldn't have been a lot worse than it was this year...they had no run game, no decent TE and no WR support. He was the only decent target in the offense and even when the other teams know it's going to him they can't stop it. A truly elite player with only health standing between him and the HOF some day. He already has a highlight reel in 2 years that 99% of wrs won't have in a careeer.

12 games in Beckham has 78 - 1154 -10...(on pace for 104-1784-13). Last year in the 12 games he played as a rookie he ended up with 91-1305-12.

Even with the slight regression he's essentially tied (in my standard league) for the #1 wr in the NFL. I guess the NFL defenses forgot watch film to shut him down.

Actually on pace for 104/1535/13 - just a little higher than I projected him and he faces the Panthers and Vikings soon.

Actually on pace for 104/1535/13 - just a little higher than I projected him and he faces the Panthers and Vikings soon.

ooopss...not sure what happened with my calculator on the yards...good catch.

It will be interesting to see redraft next year. Will the general concensus finally reach sanity and WRs get drafted as high as RBs or will the old "got to get RBs" mentality reign again. No way I take a RB before Beckham.

Edited by Ilov80s

LOL. keep the dream alive!

It will be interacting to see redraft a next year. Will the general concensus finally reach sanity and WRs get drafted as high as RBs or will the old "got to get RBs" mentality reign again. No way I take a RB before Beckham.

I drafted 7th and took ODB. Was nervous but it has paid off.

It will be interacting to see redraft a next year. Will the general concensus finally reach sanity and WRs get drafted as high as RBs or will the old "got to get RBs" mentality reign again. No way I take a RB before Beckham.

I drafted 7th and took ODB. Was nervous but it has paid off.

Minnesota is 11th in the league in FF points given up to WRs (.5 PPR). Looking at just the past 3 weeks they are 22nd, after getting torched by James Jones and Doug Baldwin. Not too worried about that matchup.

Your preseason projection of 90/1300/12 is about 15% less than his current pace on both catches and yards.

• Like 1

Conor Orr

@ConorOrr

Odell Beckham now has the most catches through two seasons by any player in NFL history.

3:23 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Orr you kidding me?! :guitarsolo:

OBJ is a beast. Hopefully the next head coach realizes the team should keep their foot on the gas during games. Watching the current offense get a lead and then immediately go into a shell has been frustrating to watch.

Next Gen Stats notebook: Pats receivers failing Brady

Excerpt:

2. Odell Beckham reached a season-high 21.66 mph when he ran away from Jets cornerbacks for a 72-yard touchdown. It was the fastest scoring play of the past two weeks. In just a season and a half, the alleged "one-catch wonder" has passed Marques Colston for the most receptions through two seasons in NFL history. Riding a streak of five consecutive 100-yard performances, Beckham is now on pace for 104 catches, 1,539 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Just punched my ticket to two playoffs. I bought everywhere I could. Still can't believe how many people thought he'd be a flash or regress significantly. Best is the game. Next week against Norman gonna be great!

I need 4.2 more points for the win. Ppr.

Come on tom. Go for the jugular!

24 TDs in 25 career games

But he's not getting the targets per game that he was getting last year. :sarcasm:

Vs Josh Norman next week. Anybody benching? Jk

Obviously not benching but man I'm worried. Norman has #### down every elite we he's faced this year. Not feeling good about that matchup!

This monster basically carried me into the playoffs the last month. Love him.

Needed 36.4. Got 35.6......

:ptts: in a MAJOR way.

Edited by TLEF316

Vs Josh Norman next week. Anybody benching? Jk

Obviously not benching but man I'm worried. Norman has #### down every elite we he's faced this year. Not feeling good about that matchup!

I'll take Odell with two Normans covering him.