What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

He a top 5 pick next year and not too far a stretch to say the #1 pick . Dude puts up 30 points a week. The way I got burned the last 2 few years by running backs like McCoy etc maybe its a safe play.
You guys are nuts. We see this every year. An unknown or young guy comes out of nowhere and impresses big. But this league adapts quickly. He may be a legit top 20 wr in the league going forward but you guys are piling up the hype way too far.

6 months ago, we would say the same about Gordon. A couple of years ago it was Cruz and nicks.

It's been a great run and he's good, maybe great, but you are setting yourself up for nothing but a letdown if you keep up with all this talk at this level
So many good posts to bump especially in pages 4-6 but this might be my favorite.

so, can i be the first to start the rampant josh norman fear mongoring that i partook in the julio thread?
don't have much confidence in him this coming week but really can't bench him after what he's done lately.

Still definitely a concern, not expecting much out of him. Nobody who Norman shadows has had a big game this season.

so, can i be the first to start the rampant josh norman fear mongoring that i partook in the julio thread?
don't have much confidence in him this coming week but really can't bench him after what he's done lately.

Still definitely a concern, not expecting much out of him. Nobody who Norman shadows has had a big game this season.
It's not a big game, but Julio just put up almost 16 points in PPR, as the only receiving threat. Cam will tear through the Giants D and force the Giants into catch-up mode just like the Falcons were in all game.

It's not a big game, but Julio just put up almost 16 points in PPR, as the only receiving threat. Cam will tear through the Giants D and force the Giants into catch-up mode just like the Falcons were in all game.
Not sure if it's correct but someone posted that when Norman was on Julio he barely did anything.

It's possible the Giants will find ways to move Beckham around though and try to avoid Norman covering him.

Either way it's almost impossible to bench Beckham with how hot he's been. Will be an awesome matchup to watch this weekend.

against norman's coverage julio was 6 tar, 4-33.... so the giants will have to move OBJ around to free him up.

against norman's coverage julio was 6 tar, 4-33.... so the giants will have to move OBJ around to free him up.
I think OBJ will free up OBJ all by himself.

Or go right at him...this is Odell Beckham Jr we're talking about here. I think Odell rises to the challenge and has a decent week.

Vs Josh Norman next week. Anybody benching? Jk
Obviously not benching but man I'm worried. Norman has #### down every elite we he's faced this year. Not feeling good about that matchup!
He hasn't faced anyone of Odell's caliber yet. Yeah Jones is in his class but the Falcons are a train wreck right now.
hopkins didnt do anything either when norman was covering him... IMO, mere mortal production should be expected

Obviously not benching but man I'm worried. Norman has #### down every elite we he's faced this year. Not feeling good about that matchup!
He hasn't faced anyone of Odell's caliber yet. Yeah Jones is in his class but the Falcons are a train wreck right now.
hopkins didnt do anything either when norman was covering him... IMO, mere mortal production should be expected
I'd agree if we were talking about a mere mortal.

Worried, but I'm hoping the Giants are smart enough to draw up plays to get him away from Norman. Giants need this win badly and they'll need Beckham if they're going to pull the upset. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Giants won.

Worried, but I'm hoping the Giants are smart enough to draw up plays to get him away from Norman. Giants need this win badly and they'll need Beckham if they're going to pull the upset. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Giants won.
Sure I'd rather have an easy matchup for him but who knows what this kid is capable of. In 25 games he's got a highlight reel that can maybe be matched by a half dozen players in the history of the NFL. Norman's great but so is Beckham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooks did pretty good against him the other week

in my standard league Beckham now the #1 wr by 20 points...

Beckham - 198

A. Brown - 178

J. Jones - 178

B. Marshall - 177

Hopkins - 176

Robinson - 175

Agree

NYG will likely be behind the whole game. No reason why Beckham can't get 7/100/1 against CAR, which isn't much different than Julio last week.

Agree

NYG will likely be behind the whole game. No reason why Beckham can't get 7/100/1 against CAR, which isn't much different than Julio last week.
also, more than probably any other wr, all he needs is a crack and he's gone.

of his 12 TD receptions half have been for 30 yards or more and 5 of the 6 were for 50 yards or more (pretty that leads the league by a good margin).

So, ODB did me in, and got me in. Two different league's and a very crazy night.

Player my brother in one league down 16.8, I have Eli he has Odell. Get within three points of him before the big bomb. He ends up winning by 8ish. I write it's over in the smack board.

Other league I'm down 83.6 pts, getting killed. Had Eli, Odell, and Landry. Never even looked at this league as I thought almost 30 out of each was waay to much. As soon as the bomb goes off, I decide to check just for giggles.....forgot over 50 yarders are double TD points and surprise, I was only down by 3. Nearly #### myself. So now I need 3 pts out of these three guys and there is like 10:00 left. I can just feel Eli is going to throw a pick and go negative.......it runs all the way down to the drive at the end of the game and now the score is tied 129.8 to 129.8 and I realize I didn't put any tie breakers in....oh know. Comes down to the last play and Odell catches that first down, puts me up just enough so the kneel down doesn't cost me. Unreal ODB...killed me, saved me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, ODB did me in, and got me in. Two different league's and a very crazy night.

Player my brother in one league down 16.8, I have Eli he has Odell. Get within three points of him before the big bomb. He ends up winning by 8ish. I write it's over in the smack board.

Other league I'm down 83.6 pts, getting killed. Had Eli, Odell, and Landry. Never even looked at this league as I thought almost 30 out of each was waay to much. As soon as the bomb goes off, I decide to check just for giggles.....forgot over 50 yarders are double TD points and surprise, I was only down by 3. Nearly #### myself. So now I need 3 pts out of these three guys and there is like 10:00 left. I can just feel Eli is going to throw a pick and go negative.......it runs all the way down to the drive of the game and now the score is tied 129.8 to 129.8 and I realize I didn't put any tie breakers in....oh know. Comes down to the last play and Odell catches that first down, puts me up just enough so the kneel down doesn't cost me. Unreal ODB...killed me, saved me.
I got 'tweened'

Have Odell in a non-PPR league, needed him to outscore Landry by 30 to win the season points title.

Faced Odell in another league (0.5 PPR), needed him to score less than 25 to win the division.

I had no chance to win both, but it would have been nice to have ONE of the two play out in my favor. Lost the points race by 10 out of 1500+, lost the division by 7.7

Some ODB numbers:

-After last night's 160 yard effort, he has the same number of games with 100+ receiving yards than Dez does in their entire careers. However, during their first 24 starts:Beckham was targeted 263 times; Dez was targeted 154 times

-15 100 yard games in 25 career games played

-Through 25 NFL games, he now has more receptions and more receiving yards than any player in NFL history.

I'm actually more worried about NYG O-line holding up and Carolina's LB's. If Eli has no pass protection, it won't matter who is covering OBJ.

If Cooks can put up startable numbers against CAR then Im not worried about OBJ. Also, there were similar concerns last season when OBJ faced SEA and that worked out fine. Bottom line: OBJ = must start.

I'm actually more worried about NYG O-line holding up and Carolina's LB's. If Eli has no pass protection, it won't matter who is covering OBJ.
very true, NYG pass pro has been average and the injuries are mounting. Carolina can take advantage of that for sure.

That didn't work out so well for Julio and the Falcons.

Agree

7/88/0 feels a lot different than 7/100/1 to me.

Can an argument be made that OBJ is the No. 1 overall pick next year?
He won title for me last year his rookie year. I told a friend I am taking him in the 1st this year regardless of my draft position if he is available. He was available for me at 1.6 and I took Lacy.

:ptts:

Poetically, played against him in 1st round of playoffs and I went in to MNF done and +28. Felt like that Ray Lewis endzone dance on the 84 yarder to seal my fate was for me personally.

:ptts: :ptts:

I think it's really clear that the top 12 next year should be maybe 2-3 RBs, but you know the old RB hype machine is going to return in June. It's madness.

I wouldn't take a single RB ahead of him (at least not in a PPR). I would debate between A. Brown and OBJ as # 1 overall but probably go with OBJ.

Chaka said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
ILUVBEER99 said:
iamkoza said:

That didn't work out so well for Julio and the Falcons.
Ryan is playing like garbage - not a good comparison.

I'd take Beckkam over A. Brown 1st overall. Beckham gets more targets close to the end zone (less mouths to feed on NY), and he has a much more reliable QB (Eli never misses games, Ben gets dinged up here and there, and we all saw how that affected Brown this season for a few games). Can't go wrong with either, though, really.

Users who are viewing this thread