What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

Why wasn't this 'bullying' of Beckham reported to anyone until after he realized he was about to be suspended for his actions? ODB was never once scared or intimidated of some practice squad player with a bat in front of 60,000 people. Not for a second.
So Wing is completely lying?

Why wasn't this 'bullying' of Beckham reported to anyone until after he realized he was about to be suspended for his actions? ODB was never once scared or intimidated of some practice squad player with a bat in front of 60,000 people. Not for a second.
Not to mention a guy spearing someone with their helmet doesn't really come off as a person who's scared of what the other team will do to them...

My conspiracy theory is that the NFL really didn't want to mess with the LGBT movement. They are worse than the mafia.

In the middle of a stadium with 60,000 fans, we are supposed to believe ODB was afraid of getting assulted by another player with a bat? :rolleyes:
who's saying that? The point of the bat was the Panthers started the whole mess and essentially antagonized ODB to elicit that level of a response from him. Again Odell went overboard and seems to be a hot head but he didn't react that way out of fear...he reacted out of anger. Odell needs to grow up and not react the way he did.
Ridiculous. You believe every spin article you read? Players taunt other players all the time. How come in those videos no other Giants seemed t care at all? We already have confirmations that no one else heard slurs. Obviously Odell is a guy you can get into his head. He way overstepped the line and he's shown that he can't handle trash talking without taking a sucker punch so to speak.ETA: have you seen those menacing videos? Sure seemed to me that only Odell flew off the handle. The practice squad guy probably acted like a tool but the bat was literally on the ground at all times and they never showed him close to Odell. Eli and the others running through ignored him. Odell had to be restrained.
Did you even read my post? I said Odell went overboard and that he needs to grow up....good grief.

OBJ is bringing back Member's Only!

How about you give it up?

I was responding to a post where someone pointed out EVERYONE does it. I simply wanted to know if EVERYONE is holding a bat while they are doing it too.
Fair enough, continue to argue semantics about bat intimidation that is really irrelevant to the case.
Dude, you need to take it down a notch. Your letting your uncontrolled hate for ODB cloud your judgement.
I'm actually posting and deriving my information from what is and has taken place with regard to the appeal, which is all that we should care about at this point. Whether you feel he should play or not.

You have been in here crying and grasping for straws for the last 3 days.
Making #### up again, huh? Your hate for ODB knows no bounds.

Hot take

Nhl will no longer allow players to use sticks. Too many players feel threatened when other players chirp with sticks in hand
bad post....one is essential for the game...what's the purpose of a bat at a football game?

Looks like the suspension is overturned. As long as he is sorry and promisez not to do it again I am fine with that. Just acquired him in a trade for DT and Fitz so I need my new prized horse to line up on Sunday!!! This whole thing has been blown waaaayyyy out of proportion.

Who is ODB? And why do I hate him?
I suspect you know, but you're just trying to be cute.

Hater gonna' hate, I guess.
Please quote my hate towards "OBJ"
Both are used.
Yes, some use ODB, but they are wrong. It's not O'Dell Beckham, even his twitter account is OBJ.
It's not wrong. You don't give yourself a nickname.

ODB or OBJ are used, with Odell himself perferring OBJ.

Also, someone needs to tell Jaws if you are "Breaking News" you dont need to wait for an "official release."

Problem was ESPN needs their "insiders" to release this info for rep sakes.

Also, someone needs to tell Jaws if you are "Breaking News" you dont need to wait for an "official release."

Problem was ESPN needs their "insiders" to release this info for rep sakes.
Agree. Now Mort and Schefty are flipping a coin to see who can tweet it first.

My guess is Jaws saw the Tynes tweet and tried stealing the scoop as his own just like the rest of ESPN does with their sourcing issues.

I'm surprised that so many would be surprised if the suspension is overturned. I've been thinking it's a 50/50 proposition; the presumed behind the scenes arm-twisting and cajoling from various circles fascinates the hell out of me.

I'm surprised that so many would be surprised if the suspension is overturned. I've been thinking it's a 50/50 proposition; the presumed behind the scenes arm-twisting and cajoling from various circles fascinates the hell out of me.
I feel like it should be upheld, but based on interpretation has always had a chance of being overturned.

My guess is Jaws saw the Tynes tweet and tried stealing the scoop as his own just like the rest of ESPN does with their sourcing issues.
This could be true, because thats all they do. Then others source them instead of the correct people.

Users who are viewing this thread