What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

Then Eli has to be considered top tier this year, right?
There is room for Beckham to be typical Beckham,  SS to make a major impact rookie year and Eli to be about the same QB8-12 as has been the last 2 years. Randle had 800 and 8 last year. I think we would all agree that would be a beautiful rookie year for SS, but it doesn't move the needle on Eli. 

Moonshine said:
I'll take 'Things people said about ODB a year ago', Alex.
Alot of times, the guy cant even get both hands on the ball..

Its coaching the little things that might help the guy succeed.

News flash: GMen drafted Shepard (kinda makes ya think its more than coaching needed?)

Anyone (with options) taking a second look at Beckham this week? I'm not of the mindset that Norman is necessarily in a position to completely shut Odell down from a football perspective, but I do think this matchup has the possibility of being something of a mind#### for Odell. I don't know enough to comment on whether or not the Skins are using Norman effectively as a true cover corner, but something about the matchup has me worried. Any chance these knuckleheads pick up where they left off and one or both of them get tossed? 

Now, I know this is week 3 and you don't sit your studs yadda yadda... I know this. Just wondering if anyone else has some doubts about any big game potential from Odell this week. 

Put it this way, what stat line would do you expect from Odell this week and what kind of a replacement option would you consider - CONSIDER - benching him for? 

I wanna see the best man in my lineup..

Now if you got that kinda juice (two studs) too chose from   Make yourself comfortable, and try to enjoy the weekend..

We could be talking Devante Parker right..

Its probably best too consider the different options for Washington..

Norman stays put and/or maybe covers Cruz  

Coach may not wanna see what his other DB's can do in such a critical game (0-3 start?)  Partially due to a player being booted

Its possible the Coach decides its Win now..  Norman covers OBJ, while Cruz gets an additional safety

I always consider OBJ for 80-100 yds and a score..

Norman aint no joke though  think he shut out Evans last yr (maybe it was OBJ) But he caught my attention then   I know who he is now! LOL

I can respect your question, but I think its more on how confident ya feel about your other WR

Personally  I think we should both be glad we didnt already decide to go with Fuller   Hes looked real legit, but not one catch...

Ive looked at quite a few stats projections for this week (im split on Cobb w/ guys like Parker on my bn)

Im pretty sure I recall seeing OBJ listed at the Top on one (maybe more)  It just sorta hit me, seeing it the first time..

Anyone (with options) taking a second look at Beckham this week? I'm not of the mindset that Norman is necessarily in a position to completely shut Odell down from a football perspective, but I do think this matchup has the possibility of being something of a mind#### for Odell. I don't know enough to comment on whether or not the Skins are using Norman effectively as a true cover corner, but something about the matchup has me worried. Any chance these knuckleheads pick up where they left off and one or both of them get tossed? 

Now, I know this is week 3 and you don't sit your studs yadda yadda... I know this. Just wondering if anyone else has some doubts about any big game potential from Odell this week. 

Put it this way, what stat line would do you expect from Odell this week and what kind of a replacement option would you consider - CONSIDER - benching him for? 
No chance in hell.  Beckham goes for over 100 and multiple scores. Book it. 

I wanna see the best man in my lineup..

Now if you got that kinda juice (two studs) too chose from   Make yourself comfortable, and try to enjoy the weekend..

We could be talking Devante Parker right..

Its probably best too consider the different options for Washington..

Norman stays put and/or maybe covers Cruz  

Coach may not wanna see what his other DB's can do in such a critical game (0-3 start?)  Partially due to a player being booted

Its possible the Coach decides its Win now..  Norman covers OBJ, while Cruz gets an additional safety

I always consider OBJ for 80-100 yds and a score..

Norman aint no joke though  think he shut out Evans last yr (maybe it was OBJ) But he caught my attention then   I know who he is now! LOL

I can respect your question, but I think its more on how confident ya feel about your other WR

Personally  I think we should both be glad we didnt already decide to go with Fuller   Hes looked real legit, but not one catch...

Ive looked at quite a few stats projections for this week (im split on Cobb w/ guys like Parker on my bn)

Im pretty sure I recall seeing OBJ listed at the Top on one (maybe more)  It just sorta hit me, seeing it the first time..
My option is Evans (have Diggs and Cooks locked in) who is ranked favorably this week. Frankly, he's not ranked high enough (by Bloom at least) for me to be even remotely comfortable with a switch, but like I said, it makes me wonder. Or maybe wander...

My option is Evans (have Diggs and Cooks locked in) who is ranked favorably this week. Frankly, he's not ranked high enough (by Bloom at least) for me to be even remotely comfortable with a switch, but like I said, it makes me wonder. Or maybe wander...
Diggs was absent from practice or something or other   it needs monitoring/followup

Ya took me out of the conversation mentioning Evans..  Thats my fav WR!

Think ya should be asking  Do I bn Cooks   LOL  just teasin.

His last 3 games (going back to last year) are tied for his longest without a TD.  If you believe in guys being 'due' then he's due for a TD.

faaaantastic talent. would love him wherever I can get him. 

That being said, his numbers were never, imo, likely to stay where they were... and there is a reason, year after year, I still have Evans ranked ones spot above him in dynasty. Either way, you're in possession of gold... But Evans has that freakish size and span that makes him a better bet for targets, big plays downfield and mostly.. TDs. 

Soulfly3 said:
faaaantastic talent. would love him wherever I can get him. 

That being said, his numbers were never, imo, likely to stay where they were... and there is a reason, year after year, I still have Evans ranked ones spot above him in dynasty. Either way, you're in possession of gold... But Evans has that freakish size and span that makes him a better bet for targets, big plays downfield and mostly.. TDs. 
If Cruz and Shepard continue to play well, the double teams on OBJ will become less and less.  The Giants still have nada in the run game, so I still think he should finish with double digit TD's and over 1,300 yds.

On the flip side, VJax is getting slower and older, and Evans will continue to see more and more double teams and over the top help.

His numbers were hurt in the Saints game due to three consecutive drives with a turn over and he dropped a long pass that could have been a TD and then a short one in the end zone too.

They need to get their best player the ball.  I can see why he's frustrated 
19 receptions, 30 targets, after 3 games. 

could he get it more? yup. But the ball is going his direction. Problem is, there's another WR or 2 who are drawing less coverage and getting it done too

If you have every played WR then you would understand fully why these guys get so pissed. Im not excusing the behavior, but I fully understand it.

I once asked my QB who was feeding the ball to his cousin, "What do I have to do, #### one of your sisters to get the ball?"

I'll take his anger and passion any day over guys like Dez who turtle up as soon as they get punched in the mouth. I'll take temper tantrums and crying out of angst over sulking any time. Dude wants to be the best.

He needs to get a handle on these meltdowns he keeps having. His battle with the kicking net was pretty embarrassing and at one point he looked like he was crying. I don't even know what he was so fired up about except it was a tough division game and he was facing a stud corner...in other words it was a Sunday in the NFL.

Go see a sports psychiatrist, take up yoga, whatever you have to do. This crap can't be the weekly normal with this strict new rule they have. An ejection is inevitable if he doesn't rein it in, and then it's going to become a media ####storm following him around. He should be a lot better than this.
seen him drop 2 long TD passes this year.  Both very, very catchable.  Watched him yesterday contribute to the loss big time.   I have him in 2 leagues.  Get a grip man, basics.  Catch the #######g ball!

I'll take his anger and passion any day over guys like Dez who turtle up as soon as they get punched in the mouth. I'll take temper tantrums and crying out of angst over sulking any time. Dude wants to be the best.
You're a fan boi if you don't think it's the EXACT same thing. They are both passionate and want the ball. They aren't a distraction like the media wants people to believe. 

Soootch said:
I hope Dez is a pertinent example because over time he seems to have matured. If I own Dez I'm not worried he's going to lose his mind and get tossed from a game. (I'm worried his rookie QB would rather feed the slot WR but I digress).

Brandon Marshall is another guy who got his #### together, and he had legit psychological issues. 

If you hear interviews with Odell he seems reasonably smart and he loves football more than anything. I admire that passion but he's got to control his emotions so it doesn't derail him during games. I don't know if the drops have anything to do with this or not. He still made some nice plays yesterday. But if I'm a defender, I know I can probably get under his skin pretty easily with some trash talk and an extra shove, and that's not the kind of advantage you want to give to an opponent.
Huh?   He torched Norman multiple times.  He was frustrated that he didn't get the ball when the game was on the line.  The only thing that stopped Odell was not going to him....Eli was "being smart". 

The Vikings often had Beckham double covered and Eli wisely avoided Harrison Smith.

Eric Kendricks was missing a lot of tackles and that is why they kept going to the RBs. Kendricks usually plays better than he did tonight.

Feels like buy low opportunity.  i cannot imagine OBJ slumping all year. but Eli does seem to have eyes for SS and Salsa a bit more so he doesn't force some to OBJ like maybe he would have in the past. Still he wasn't even close to some of his targets tonight.  sucks. 

He's gotta be the biggest non-injury top 3 fantasy pick bust that I can remember in playing 15 years of FF. Damn you fantasy experts for saying he's worthy of a top 2 pick overall. He has single handedly ruined 2 of my leagues of which I have a combined 4 titles in the last 4 years.

He will get his numbers because he is too talented but I am concerned about his maturity...it is looking like defenses know they can get into his head...he can not retaliate or lose focus which he has appeared to do the last few weeks...

childish temper and weapons around him not getting top coverage (and making plays). Not a good scenario right now. 

He'll get his... but it's not gonna be like the "old days"

Last edited by a moderator:
Mariota 271yds 2 td 1 int

Rodgers 213 yds 1 td 1 i nt

Cam 194 yds 1 td 1 int  / 54 rush 1 td

Eli 25/45 261 yds 0 td 1 int

No one looks good against Viking right now
He hasn't looked good since week 1. Didnt muster much against a terrible NO defense in week 2 and threw 2 4th quarter INTs against WAS last week. 

I've defended him in the past but he's starting to wear on me.  I'm wondering if his teammates can't stand him because he sure is starting to come off like a very bad teammate. TO 2.0

Teams aren't going to let him dominate like he did last year. They've had months to prepare and learn how to exploit his weaknesses. Will it stop him completely? No, but it may slow him and frustrate him to the point he becomes manageable.
Took a lot of flack for this last year, but that's what happened. 

I am a Giants hater and Jets fan. But lets give some perspective to some of the sensitive people here who claim to be a fan of men smashing their heads in on a weekly basis.
I only hope and pray he is Owens 2.0, head case or not that guy is a Hall of Famer. His act is wearing thin?
Is it thin because you own him on your fantasy team and he isnt performing? Because it is the same attitude that had him shattering records for the past two years.
This is football, players get heated. Players do worse then what OBJ does on a weekly basis and get no penalties so he is correct that he is targeted in a sense.
I saw Rhodes put his arm around his neck on the Giants sideline and point to his coach in and was not flagged as coaches were even hollering to officials, if that is not taunting, what is? Pushing a player for a late drag out of bounds is? So, yes, he is being treated differently. If people can do that and not get penalized, do what you have to OBJ, forget what some of his soft fantasy owners are saying. Do whatever it is that makes you perform, only if Eli can stop frumping around and throw a ball to an all world athlete and not a journeyman backup RB.

The childish temper? I can say Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady have childish tempers. These are people who get paid to play a kids game. Perspective, these are not bankers, they are people who hit each other and compete under lights for others statistical enjoyment.

What childish is the remarks from some people upset because he isnt performing, when if he had 3 TDs this year no one would care. Yes, you heard me, NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT HIS ANTICS. No how I know? Because no one cared until he got suspended during everyones fantasy Super Bowl last year, even though he was doing what he has done since he came in the league.

EDITED: Top 3 Bust in 15 years? SMH, was that a real comment or sour grapes because he didnt perform for you this week on the road in Minnesota with a QB who played bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Giants hater and Jets fan. But lets give some perspective to some of the sensitive people here who claim to be a fan of men smashing their heads in on a weekly basis.
I only hope and pray he is Owens 2.0, head case or not that guy is a Hall of Famer. His act is wearing thin?
Is it thin because you own him on your fantasy team and he isnt performing? Because it is the same attitude that had him shattering records for the past two years.
This is football, players get heated. Players do worse then what OBJ does on a weekly basis and get no penalties so he is correct that he is targeted in a sense.
I saw Rhodes put his arm around his neck on the Giants sideline and point to his coach in and was not flagged as coaches were even hollering to officials, if that is not taunting, what is? Pushing a player for a late drag out of bounds is? So, yes, he is being treated differently. If people can do that and not get penalized, do what you have to OBJ, forget what some of his soft fantasy owners are saying. Do whatever it is that makes you perform, only if Eli can stop frumping around and throw a ball to an all world athlete and not a journeyman backup RB.

The childish temper? I can say Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady have childish tempers. These are people who get paid to play a kids game. Perspective, these are not bankers, they are people who hit each other and compete under lights for others statistical enjoyment.

What childish is the remarks from some people upset because he isnt performing, when if he had 3 TDs this year no one would care. Yes, you heard me, NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT HIS ANTICS. No how I know? Because no one cared until he got suspended during everyones fantasy Super Bowl last year, even though he was doing what he has done since he came in the league.

EDITED: Top 3 Bust in 15 years? SMH, was that a real comment or sour grapes because he didnt perform for you this week on the road in Minnesota with a QB who played bad?
This. 

What childish is the remarks from some people upset because he isnt performing, when if he had 3 TDs this year no one would care. Yes, you heard me, NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT HIS ANTICS.
This is a really good post.

You guys know the TDs will come.  Seemed like he was doubled all night, Eli had no time to get the ball down the field combined with an Eli off day.

I do think Cruz and Shepard will take his targets down a notch but he will still be a solid WR1.

If you can try to buy him IMHO.

And don't act like his shenanigans are surprising.  Everybody knew that he is a headcase when you drafted him.  High risk high reward.

Try to look at the positives like his big game against Norman....

I don't think Eli is going to turn into Captain Checkdown for the rest of the season...

Buy Buy Buy....maybe the owner in your league is panicking like some others in this thread...

Users who are viewing this thread