What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (5 Viewers)

he's right about a lot of the stuff he talked about.

He's an established player, there is zero reason to go to "voluntary" practices if he's not getting paid for it.  The NFL is a business and if a player isn't performing the owners will throw them out like trash.

These guys have worked their entire lives to make it where they are.  It's not a privilege to play in the NFL or any other top sport.  They earned it the same way someone in other top professions did.

A lot of fans are stupid how they look at top athletes.  It's extremely hard to make it in the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.  It takes a lot more than raw athletic ability to make it.  They bust their ### and deserve to get paid and not work for free.
Just as an example would be an entirely different personality type like Barry Sanders.  Guy skipped most voluntary practices yet always showed up in shape and ready to play.  That's all anybody needs to see.

Odell Beckham is not concerned about his hip injury.

Essentially confirming an earlier Cleveland Plain Dealer report, Beckham intimated Thursday that he would be playing were it the regular season. He is expected to sit out Saturday's preseason game. There is zero reason to be concerned about Beckham's Week 1 status.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Aug 15, 2019, 6:31 PM ET

with the James injury and Luck retirement, thus making some think Mack cant run the ball anymore, I couldnt get any trades done.   But looking at who kept who in my league, its pretty obvious half dont have a clue.   They cut guys I would have traded for had I known they were so stupid.

Oh well, its on this Saturday.

Does anyone know if there is another IDP round table podcast this week?

Shoot, the Browns will be the highest scoring team in NFL history, and their defense will give up the fewest pts in NFL history.  IDK why the other teams would even show up, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, Saints, Eagles, Bears....forget about it, just hand the Lombardi to Baker now. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Freddie Kitchens confirmed Odell Beckham (hip) is "ready to go" for Week 1 against the Titans.

OBJ battled a little bit of a hip issue late in camp but returned to team drills over a week ago and is ready for his Browns debut. Fire OBJ up as a locked-in elite WR1.

SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter

Sep 4, 2019, 11:06 AM ET

Hopefully he’s just being dramatic.
Yeah.. I watched the OBJ interview, think he's just being overly honest.  He isn't 100%. But...based on comments from teammates and the coaching staff from their observations, he's probably like 95%.  I think most other players would say they're 100% in the same situation. 🤞 

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I've been clear in here several times. I've been 50/50 on him. tried trading for him earlier this offseason actually but I'm glad I did not get him for my price. 
I obviously have no problem if you don't want to risk having OBJ on your team due to past transgressions.  But last year and so far this year he has been better (not perfect).  But he is light years away from being like AB.

I obviously have no problem if you don't want to risk having OBJ on your team due to past transgressions.  But last year and so far this year he has been better (not perfect).  But he is light years away from being like AB.
Yeah hes got plenty of time. Hes a headcase and quite injury prone. Its often not factored into his price or even admitted to in this thread. I'm not surprised to get grief posting in here. OBJ owners are about as defensive as Philly fans. 

Yeah hes got plenty of time. Hes a headcase and quite injury prone. Its often not factored into his price or even admitted to in this thread. I'm not surprised to get grief posting in here. OBJ owners are about as defensive as Philly fans. 
It just seems like you take every opportunity to say "I told you so" about OBJ, even when it is unwarranted.  You even posted in the AB thread today intimating that OBJ was going to end up like AB.  It's a bit over the top is all.

It just seems like you take every opportunity to say "I told you so" about OBJ, even when it is unwarranted.  You even posted in the AB thread today intimating that OBJ was going to end up like AB.  It's a bit over the top is all.
Ones man over the top is another man's warning sign. I think it's super entertaining to say the least. 

Stashing Rashaad Higgins is probably a good move for OBJ owners until you figure out the severity of the injury. Higgins has had good chemistry with Baker and could be a factor this season with or without an injury to the often injured star.

too vocal about the injury, im starting not to buy it.

it's like he's trying to set a trap so if/when he goes off week 1 it's a "look at what i did even w a bum hip... me and baker"

I wanted nothing to do with this guy this year. WAY too injury prone. How is he hurt already? Its amazing how things don't change. Also, a legit head case. Maybe not AB level but give him some time.

Odell Beckham (hip) was a full participant in Friday's practice.

Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens said Beckham is "ready to go." Beckham's hip hadn't "opened up yet" while running yesterday, but it appears that he'll play through his injury. Beckham is an obvious WR1 against the Titans, though the floor is lower than usual.

SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter

Sep 6, 2019, 1:03 PM ET

He hasn't even played a game yet, and I've taken a full 180 as an angry giant fan for dumping him to being happy they're out from under him

Hopefully he was just being dramatic. The old lower the expectations, modest routine, then he drops an 80 yarder on them in the first quarter.

I don't understand the big deal with the watch?  If it doesn't break the rules, who cares.  The kid has some disposable income.  If he wants to blow it on a watch or car or prostitute it doesn't matter to me.   

Users who are viewing this thread