What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

How low is his value in dynasty sinking? I have him in one league and was thinking of acquiring in another, but not sure I want to be doubling down on the Browns at this point.
I think it depends on whether you're looking to acquire for the longer term and if his current owner is worried and willing to sell at a discount. For this season I don't think he'll produce well apart from a game here and there. The offense is a shambles and I think Kitchens is in over his head. Mayfield is brutal. And so on. I'll admit to being a Beckham truther (obviously - my avatar) and I have to say I'm a bit worried, but within a reasonable range -- it could be that his days as a top 4 dynasty WR are behind him, but I'm not ready to assume that just yet. He still looks special out there to me: fluid, fast, explosive. He's obviously struggling along with the rest of the offense. But Mayfield could come around, Kitchens could be replaced or could grow into the HC role more (I do think he wasn't ready and should be replaced but I wonder if the Browns pull the trigger after one year).  

Things change fast and Beckham is still young. I think he's being subjected to our tendency in dynasty to start throwing dirt over players after they reach the ripe old age of 26, and you have to add concerns about his head/personal dislike into the equation. Again, I'm not going to say I'm unconcerned. He hasn't produced elite numbers for a stretch now and that can't be ignored. But I could certainly see buying from a concerned owner as long as you're not expecting great numbers this year and can get him at a decent price. 

Been offered gurley for him straight up in ppr and I'm seriously considering it. Gurley isn't the same but this brown offense blows. Mayfield and kitchens are in over their head. How he doesn't get double digit targets a week is just waisting him. It's also a waste to the draft picks they sent to the giants. They traded for a guy and barely use him.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd time I watched CLE...first time was the NYJ game.  Even back then, something felt off.  But last night...wow.  Mayfield has regressed terribly.  They’re using OBJ as a gadget guy.  The whole thing felt so discombobulated.

Plus, you can tell OBJ is pressing...that punt return was ridiculous, both in terms of its carelessness and it’s visions of grandeur.

Kitchens should be one and done.

anyone who was down on him prior to the season was just trying to justify trading him away.

Happy my deal for him fell through, but I got Diggs instead so that didnt turn out well either lol. 

To pump the brakes on this pity party, OBJ isnt scoring much less than some guys whom people are excited over. It's just the expectations were super high and he isnt getting the volume to make up for the poor offense (surprise). 

Funny how these trades work out; everyone thought Dallas gave up way too much for Cooper. PIT sold AB for pennies on the dollar. NYG got nothing for OBJ. 

2nd time I watched CLE...first time was the NYJ game.  Even back then, something felt off.  But last night...wow.  Mayfield has regressed terribly.  They’re using OBJ as a gadget guy.  The whole thing felt so discombobulated.

Plus, you can tell OBJ is pressing...that punt return was ridiculous, both in terms of its carelessness and it’s visions of grandeur.

This offense is showing the tell tale signs of a coach trying to fit players into his scheme, not tailoring a scheme to fit the talent around you.  Mayfield isn't this terrible, but the playcalling sure doesn't fit his talent set.

This offense is showing the tell tale signs of a coach trying to fit players into his scheme, not tailoring a scheme to fit the talent around you.  Mayfield isn't this terrible, but the playcalling sure doesn't fit his talent set.
He may not be this terrible, but he certainly looks spooked right now.  This bailing out of the pocket thing with him is a concern.  I know his OL stinks, but once you start seeing/feeling ghosts...

It's easy to claim every players problems on coaching. It's a lot worse than that. Mayfield should hit the bench for a week or 2 because he is completely rattled and playing brutal. And he's making the line look even worse because he's stepping right towards the pressure. Just blitz to the right side and he doesn't know what to do. This is getting into Gabbert territory it was so bad this week.

To pump the brakes on this pity party, OBJ isnt scoring much less than some guys whom people are excited over. It's just the expectations were super high and he isnt getting the volume to make up for the poor offense (surprise).
Exactly. Beckham is in good company this year with guys like Hopkins and Evans. And I’ve seen posts in other forums (e.g. DLF) about whether Hopkins is starting to decline. It’s worth constantly evaluating guys in dynasty but sometimes you have to wait things out on young talented players, especially ones with proven track records. I’m awful about looking forward, constantly peeking over exit value ledges. So I get it. But some deep breathing is good policy here. 

I'm thinking they're using him as a gadget guy because Mayfield isn't targeting him much and able to get him the ball. They just want to make him happy so they will keep trying to give him the ball, but it is definitely forcing the issue.

He may not be this terrible, but he certainly looks spooked right now.  This bailing out of the pocket thing with him is a concern.  I know his OL stinks, but once you start seeing/feeling ghosts...
They have a top 3 WR in Beckham, arguably the best slot receiver in the league with Landry, and a solid RB in Chubb who can catch the ball.  The offense needs to be quicker shots to get these guys in space.  The little I've seen from this offense has been longer reads, shots downfield and Mayfield getting clobbered.

I'm thinking they're using him as a gadget guy because Mayfield isn't targeting him much and able to get him the ball. They just want to make him happy so they will keep trying to give him the ball, but it is definitely forcing the issue.
I love these takes. Designing plays to get one of your best playmakers the ball in space is done to "make him happy". 

I was offered gurley straight up for him and personally I'm not selling low at all. Can't speak for others but he's a top 5 talent. If kitchens can get his head outa the sand and just design plays such as a quick slant for him he will be fine. He should see double digit targets a game. I'm riding this train the whole year. He has too much talent to trade away for pennies on the dollar.

Anyone looking to buy low?
The FBG Top 200 stuff gets pretty interesting sometimes.  Right now with my league settings, it says that Odell has less value than RB3 types like Ronald Jones, Royce Freeman, Miles Sanders, Shady McCoy, and that either Breida or Coleman would be a significant overpay.

I'd buy all day if that's all it takes.

FWIW, Dave Richards (CBS) has Odell in a tier with guys like Josh Jacobs, James Conner.  Sounds a lot more reasonable IMO.

I offered up Hopkins for OBJ and either Waller or Andrews (I really need a TE and the guy also has Kelce) and was turned down. 

Anyone looking to buy low?
v. Seattle after the recent stretch of games

BYE

@ NE

@ DEN

v. BUF

---

Now's only the right time to buy if the current Odell owner is absolutely desperate for wins and values him accordingly (possible) or is the type of owner that may just shut it down and stop checking in. Otherwise, the right time would be sometime during that stretch. Just don't wait too long as eventually Browns fantasy playoff schedules will start getting in the competition's orbit.

The FBG Top 200 stuff gets pretty interesting sometimes.  Right now with my league settings, it says that Odell has less value than RB3 types like Ronald Jones, Royce Freeman, Miles Sanders, Shady McCoy, and that either Breida or Coleman would be a significant overpay.

I'd buy all day if that's all it takes.

FWIW, Dave Richards (CBS) has Odell in a tier with guys like Josh Jacobs, James Conner.  Sounds a lot more reasonable IMO.
The Top 200 forward really needs to be better. it's all over the place every day.  Some players bye's mess it all up.  In my setting OBJ is WR13 rest of season (behind DJ Chark)

Overall he's 35th around the DJ Chark, Mark Andrews, Chris Carson, Boyd, Conner, Brees, Dissly? range.

But FBG protects themselves WR10-22 all are like 165-155 points for rest of season.

This guy is 100% miserable in Cleveland. He has been faking it. Gettleman ruined his persona by dealing him to the Browns. 

Yeah not a who do I start but I’m going to play two of OBJ, Larry Fitzgerald, and Chark.  Very seriously considering benching Odell this week.  Can’t take another 2 catch performance with guys putting up big numbers against vulnerable defenses [NO and ATL) 

how low would you buy?

Edit: what is the most youd pay?
so my main league is a  modified keeper league...i need wr help

the offer on the table is

mark ingram (6th round keeper)

devin singletary (16th round keeper)

baker mayfield (14th round keeper)

2nd round pic

for 

OBJ - not a keeper

derrick henry - not a keeper

josh jacons - not a keeper

6th round pick

the where our league works is that you can choose to keep a guy 2 rounds ahead every year of where you drafted (or kept him that year).  as an example, 4 years ago i drafted ingram in the 14th, then kept him in the 12th the next year, the 10th the next, the 8th and next year would be the 6th etc...

as pointed out above i'm not sure i would start obj over preston williams or dj clark

This guy is 100% miserable in Cleveland. He has been faking it. Gettleman ruined his persona by dealing him to the Browns. 
Gentleman ruined his persona? 

His persona got him shipped from NY. His persona has zero to do with Gettleman or other people’s choices. 

Sad thing is, OBJ seems like a really good kid. No trouble off the field, very nice and respectful and person (at least from what I’ve heard and when I met him in person)... but his persona on the field coupled with results is beginning to speak louder than his truly amazing first few years in the league. 

for his sake and that of the NFL, I hope he gets right. But Cleveland’s gonna Cleveland- they had something really good started and decided to screw or up by cow towing to what appears to be an immature and unprofessional QB who at times acts like a punk (and others, like a stand up guy) to bring in what seems to be a joke of a HC. 

Browns GM John Dorsey called Odell Beckham trade rumors "fake news."

Beckham hasn't quite clicked with Baker Mayfield yet, leading to speculation he could be dealt ahead of the October 29 trade deadline. However, Dorsey was adamant that OBJ won't be going anywhere at or before that date, noting he hasn't taken any calls on Beckham and doesn't plan to. The former Giant is still on pace for over 1,000 yards receiving, though his numbers are inflated by a walk in 89-yard touchdown (his only end-zone visit of the season to this point) in Week 2.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Oct 13, 2019, 11:10 AM ET

OBJ gonna eat today. 🍽️

----------------------------------

Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB 5m5 minutes ago

"[With] a great matchup against Tre Flowers who’s allowed the most receiving yards on the outside, I think this is truly a day that [Odell] Beckham is back" - @notJDaigle

OBJ gonna eat today. 🍽️

----------------------------------

Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB 5m5 minutes ago

"[With] a great matchup against Tre Flowers who’s allowed the most receiving yards on the outside, I think this is truly a day that [Odell] Beckham is back" - @notJDaigle
I will believe it when I see it

Users who are viewing this thread