What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief: Draft Day steal (1 Viewer)

Idled since suffering a fractured left scapula in a week two collision with Denver safety T.J. Ward, he returned to the practice field Wednesday. It was in a limited capacity, but all signs point toward Moncrief being available Sunday when the Colts entertain the Kansas City Chiefs in Lucas Oil Stadium.

“I’m hopeful,’’ coach Chuck Pagano said.

Moncrief added he would “be surprised’’ if he’s not back for the Chiefs.
http://cbs4indy.com/2016/10/26/colts-notebook-donte-moncrief-eager-to-get-back-to-work/

:thumbup:

Somebody just dropped him late last week and I was able to scoop him up on Sunday morning! I've needed help with my WR corps ever since Keenan went down (14 team league).

1. he should not have been dropped - especially 2 weeks away from playing. i don't get why people will hold a player for a month then drop him right before he returns. 

2. Whatever you spent should be worth it. Indy has been desperate for a 3rd receiving option and Moncrief is a weapon. 
  1. Obviously, but apparently he was concerned because he needed two WRs for this weeks byes, maybe he didn't want to part with his lottery ticket RBs. The best part is the 3rd place team that dropped him picked up Funchess. Who was on a bye last week. He's now forced to start Funchess. Against me. I also overpaid for Adams for the block. To be fair, dude is holding Big Ben, Lacy & Martin - got jammed up. That's still a train wreck decision.
  2. It was (by far) the largest FABB in our league this year.  It's not like we're rolling it over.

To be fair there was a real dearth of news. It's not surprising if somevthought no news was bad news. Same thing was going on with Coleman until this week and Lewis to some degree.

I like the move. Donte when healthy will be the better option. Colts could be a powerhouse passing attack for the rest of the year. Diggs is a fine player in a system that does not provide consistent pass production.
The issue isn't grabbing Moncrief.  It's dropping Diggs, instead of Golden Tate.

If I was a gambling man, and if someone was offering even money on Diggs outscoring Tate ROS, I would make a healthy wager on Stefon.

Diggs is a the only remotely viable WR that team has, and Bradford had been feeding him Jarvis Landry-style before Digg got hurt.  And Diggs is better than Landry.  

Anyway, hijack over.  

Is anyone seriously thinking of playing him this week?

Would think he's eased in and maybe on a rotation.
I'm starting him. 

Its Moncrief either or Snead at WR3, or Asiata at Flex. Already have MThomas at WR2. 

went with Moncrief/Asiata with Snead on the bench.

that said I'm playing the last place team who has 7 of his 15 starters on the BYE, so it's low risk. Against a tougher team I might not be as cavalier. 

Diggs is a the only remotely viable WR that team has, and Bradford had been feeding him Jarvis Landry-style before Digg got hurt.  And Diggs is better than Landry. 
The facts with all of these claims.

Patterson has proved that he is "viable", Landry out-targeted Diggs by 45-34 in the first four weeks of the season, and Diggs is NOT better than Landry.

The facts with all of these claims.

Patterson has proved that he is "viable", Landry out-targeted Diggs by 45-34 in the first four weeks of the season, and Diggs is NOT better than Landry.
1.  we have different definitions of viable.

2. OK, who said he was getting more than Landry?  The similarity is a QB without a ton of other targets, and a reliable slot guy.  So, not sure what knowledge you dropping here. 

3.  Landry must be better, he had 3 more receiving yards over the the first 4 games.  And it only took 11 more targets.  

Diggs can do what Landry does.  Landry cannot do what Diggs does.  

Is anyone seriously thinking of playing him this week?

Would think he's eased in and maybe on a rotation.
Nothing wrong with playing him this week. I can afford to be cautious though as it's between him, Pryor, and adams for my flex so see no reason to risk it.

Roto

Donte Moncrief (shoulder) is wearing a non-contact jersey in Thursday's practice.

He wore the same jersey on Wednesday. Moncrief is still expected to play this week, but we would like to see him get in a full session Friday to feel confident. If he suits up, Moncrief will be an upside WR3 in a great matchup.

All aboaaaaaaaaard! Chooo choooooooooooooooooooooooo

Donte Moncrief (shoulder) is expected to return for Week 8 against Kansas City.

Moncrief was able to practice enough to get clearance for his return from a Week 2 shoulder blade fracture. Although it is good process to be skeptical of players coming off multi-week injuries, Moncrief has a strong matchup and should be a near-full-time player with Andrew Luck in a potentially high-scoring game. He's a WR3 play in Week 8 with rest-of-season WR2 upside.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/346236/donte-moncrief-slated-to-play-against-chiefs?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

no real insight here, but I am starting him with little confidence.   Either that or J. Howard vrs. Vikings.  11-12 pts would be very acceptable in PPR.

Go Monty!

Psyched I found him as a FA on Wednesday morning after waivers ran, totally assumed he had been retained. FWIW, i'm going to take a wait and see approach, using Evans and Lafell ahead of him this week but happy to have his upside ROTY.

I think this shapes up as an excellent game for Moncrief. Berry should shut down my mancrush Doyle, and Peters will be on Dorsett, since he plays exclusively on the left. That leaves the most targets to Moncrief & Hilton, in theory.  The only downside is that KC is better against the pass than the run, and Houston isn't likely to be back this week. So this could be the Frank Gore show.  

That said, Gore is 137 years old and they may not have the luxury of feeding him 25+ times. So if they're having success with the run, IMO it'll be to set up the pass. The Indy OL is still a mess, and Doyle may be called on to block more in this game, adding still more targets for Moncrief & Hilton. I have to assume Hilton will draw KC's top coverage, and they may overlook Moncrief a bit since he's returning from a long absence. 

Moncrief has had a ridiculous TD rate in his games with Luck (which is in part why so many of us were so high on him in the preseason) 

So yeah - on paper, this could be a great start. Certainly a high floor. Since it was an upper body injury I'm optimistic that Moncrief has been able to stay in shape during the absence and Luck loves to target him. 

Upside 9/120/2

Floor 5/77/0?

From a Numberfire article on May 25th:

Last season, Moncrief averaged 7.7 targets with Luck under center, as opposed to just 5.6 targets with Hasselbeck at quarterback. He also saw six red zone targets and scored five touchdowns in seven games with Luck, as opposed to six red zone targets and one touchdown in nine games with Hasselbeck.
I am starting Moncrief over Cole Beasley this week.

Benching him in favor of Willie Snead in NO.

I'd like to see Moncrief play a little first before starting him.

Excerpt from Rotoworld

Sidelined the past five games, Donte Moncrief (shoulder) is finally ready to return. It stands to reason he’ll be on some sort of snap count, but the training wheels could come off early for a team with zero receiver depth. Moncrief could be a top-20 option by as early as next week.

9 targets.  4 for 41 and a TD.   45 yard TD called back for a hold that would have made for a monster day.  Definitely didn't appear limited or on a snap count of any sort.

Solid WR2 for ROS.
Not limited in the least but right now the #12 WR in PPR leagues in PPG is hovering right above 16 points per game. I think he's better than that for ROS so I think he's a legit threat to be a WR1.

Users who are viewing this thread