What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Sammy Watkins, BAL (1 Viewer)

Watkins gets open at will.
Yeah, he looks awesome.
THat was a terrible drop there though.
I am being extremely sarcastic, he looks like ####.
One drop?It happens. Marshall just had one that caused an int.
Yeah, because those "drops" were remotely the same. Actually, that might not even go down as a drop because ricocheted off Gilmore before it got to him. Probably goes as a pass defenses.

Let's also not forget his ill timed jump earlier that looked like a drunk guy missing a door handle on his way out of a bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he looks awesome.
Yeah, because those "drops" were remotely the same.Let's also not forget his ill timed jump earlier that looked like a drunk guy missing a door handle on his way out of a bar.
Right, should have been an 80 yard TD. It was one of the worst played balls I have seen in the NFL in awhile.

Yeah, he looks awesome.
Yeah, because those "drops" were remotely the same.Let's also not forget his ill timed jump earlier that looked like a drunk guy missing a door handle on his way out of a bar.
Right, should have been an 80 yard TD. It was one of the worst played balls I have seen in the NFL in awhile.
This is like your 5th post about that play- you have a lot of money on it or something?

Yeah, he looks awesome.
This is like your 5th post about that play- you have a lot of money on it or something?
Yes

Woods gets 7 targets and has 3 catches for 19 yards.

Watkins 6 targets and has 2 catches for 10 yards.

This passing offence is definition of up and down. Taylor has happy legs in the pocket.

He has topped out at a game high of 8 targets once time in a game this year. Until they start getting him more consistent targets, he is not going to be reliable as a WR. Heck check out Antonio Brown's numbers without Big Ben for full games in weeks 5 and 6. He had 3 catches for 45 yards and 6 targets in one game and 3 catches for 24 yards on 8 targets in another one.

Check out all the best fantasy WR's and compare their usage and targets with that of Watkins. In dynasty still a lot of time here folks. In redraft you are going to battle inconsistency.

Oof...bad last minute decision to start ol' Sammy. Of course I start Tyrod alongside him and he has his worst game of the season as well :wall:

He has topped out at a game high of 8 targets once time in a game this year. Until they start getting him more consistent targets, he is not going to be reliable as a WR. Heck check out Antonio Brown's numbers without Big Ben for full games in weeks 5 and 6. He had 3 catches for 45 yards and 6 targets in one game and 3 catches for 24 yards on 8 targets in another one.

Check out all the best fantasy WR's and compare their usage and targets with that of Watkins. In dynasty still a lot of time here folks. In redraft you are going to battle inconsistency.
This is as tough a matchup he will see the rest of the way. I am starting him with extreme confidence from here on out.

I like what I saw today. Good separation vs a top CB, a couple drops sucked but are fixable. Was probably still a little banged up, but now has 10 days to get better. I like him going forward a lot actually as a startable PPR FLEX or Standard WR2

You keep wanting to compare Watkins to the best receivers in the league. At this point you need to be comparing him to 2nd/3rd tier WRs. Why on earth would you bring Antonio Brown into a conversation about Sammy Watkins... :lmao:

He had his chance to have a big game last night and blew his opportunities. His targets and usage are pretty high for what he is doing with them imo.

3-4 catch games with a few bigger games mixed in where he actually converts the big play opportunities.. looks about right at this point.

I will second the observation that he looked great running that first deep route..... until the ball was in the air.

Awful/no adjustment.. he timed his jump so bad I think he was on the ground again when the ball got there.

Didn't we go through that over 40% of his targets last year were uncatchable?

That he caught 90% of what was catchable?

That would be cause for optimism in my book, unless Tyrod is worse than EJ and Orton in that respect

And the standard retort on rex ryan's former receivers: Were they Sammy Watkins?

:)
I would argue Sammy is a lot closer to Eric Decker than Andre Johnson. :shrug:
I'd like to hear that argument......
Simple enough, since we obviously aren't taking physical attributes into play:

74 962 5 (bad offense)

65 982 6 (bad offense)

Not being used in this comparison would be Decker putting up 87/1200/11 (with Peyton of course, but that is the point)... beyond what I see is Sammy's ceiling in Buffalo.

Very good, but a far cry from being a gimme top ff WR (like Andre was for so long)
I was wrong.. he has some improving to do to get on Decker's level.

I will second the observation that he looked great running that first deep route..... until the ball was in the air.

Awful/no adjustment.. he timed his jump so bad I think he was on the ground again when the ball got there.
Kind of an enigma. I thought the play on the ball there was pretty bad, like he turned and said, "Oh look! A football!"

On the other hand, I noted (in a positive way) the one he caught OOB in the end zone a bit later. It didn't count but he came away with the ball in good coverage...

Deamon said:
I like what I saw today. Good separation vs a top CB, a couple drops sucked but are fixable. Was probably still a little banged up, but now has 10 days to get better. I like him going forward a lot actually as a startable PPR FLEX or Standard WR2
Agree.

Post Revis, this is a great opportunity to buy low.

Buffalo's schedule looks very friendly and I could see this team along with the Taylor/Watkins connection start to grow:

@NE

@KC

HOU

@PHI

@WASH

DAL

There are no scary Ds here. Maybe Philly, but all of those secondaries are beatable.

Watkins is going to help in the fantasy playoffs.

matuski said:
Didn't we go through that over 40% of his targets last year were uncatchable?

That he caught 90% of what was catchable?

That would be cause for optimism in my book, unless Tyrod is worse than EJ and Orton in that respect

And the standard retort on rex ryan's former receivers: Were they Sammy Watkins?

:)
I would argue Sammy is a lot closer to Eric Decker than Andre Johnson. :shrug:
I'd like to hear that argument......
Simple enough, since we obviously aren't taking physical attributes into play:

74 962 5 (bad offense)

65 982 6 (bad offense)

Not being used in this comparison would be Decker putting up 87/1200/11 (with Peyton of course, but that is the point)... beyond what I see is Sammy's ceiling in Buffalo.

Very good, but a far cry from being a gimme top ff WR (like Andre was for so long)
I was wrong.. he has some improving to do to get on Decker's level.
No. He's on Decker's level. He just doesn't have Marshall to help his cause. And both he and Decker are prone to drops.

I watched the game and I saw a supremely talented wr that can burn even a top corner in the league, who isn't in sync it's his qb (who isn't ever going to be a top passing qb).

So I think his situation and propensity for injury are ultimately what might not allow him to reach the level he is capable of reaching in his career.

If I'm a dynasty owner I like what I saw night. In redraft I'm glad I dropped his #### 5 weeks ago. He made everyone feel dumb last week by exploding on fantasy benches around the world and then this week he screwed them all by giving them a near zero stat line in their flex or wr3 spots.

The consistency is gonna take a while to come.

People have been too quick to overreact both directions, positive and negative. His stats from last week were not likely to be repeated this week. On the other hand, he has not been fully healthy for a while and is playing under a new head coach and with a new QB (who is more of a runner than a passer) in only his 2nd year in the NFL. Give him some time?

Watkins was coming off an injury, playing with a QB who was also injured, and he was shadowed by THE premiere CB of the last decade.

He created a lot of separation on several occasions and simply didnt capitalize on those opportunities. But I liked what he saw. As stated up thread, he just needs to stay healthy and get more game reps. His situation is not ideal for FF production but the talent is undeniable.

People saying he sucks and comparing him to Decker are clueless.

Watkins was coming off an injury, playing with a QB who was also injured, and he was shadowed by THE premiere CB of the last decade.

He created a lot of separation on several occasions and simply didnt capitalize on those opportunities. But I liked what he saw. As stated up thread, he just needs to stay healthy and get more game reps. His situation is not ideal for FF production but the talent is undeniable.

People saying he sucks and comparing him to Decker are clueless.
Decker doesn't suck in the least.

Certainly a more apt comparison (while still generous imo.. he hasn't produced on Decker's level yet) than Andre Johnson and Antonio Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread