What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Sammy Watkins, BAL (2 Viewers)

:lmao: @ the trolling accusations that keep coming out in response to simple references to stats and production.

34 635 6

59 801 8

Get mad at Sammy for not producing on Decker's level this year. I'm just posting it here to inject a dose of reality to these comps to Hall of Famers.

If he can keep this 2 game streak going, and Decker drops off.. maybe he catches him in the next few weeks. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Milkman and Matuski have been very quiet lately. Thats when you know Watkins has turned a corner. Lol.
Yeah, he turns corners well, but he's still too short - can't go up and get the contested balls.

Oh, wait... He's done that about 8 times in the past 3 games.

... he has some improving to do to get on Decker's level.
lol
34 635 6

59 801 8
11 FULL games played for Decker, 97 targets for: 59 rec., 801 yards, 8 tds. That works out to: .61 receptions per target, 73 yards per game, .73 touchdowns per game (and roughly 8.8 targets per game)7 FULL games played for Sammy, 46 targets for: 29 rec., 548 yards,5 tds.

That works out to: .63 receptions per target, 78 yards per game, .71 touchdowns per game (and roughly 6.6 targets per game)

Keep in mind that Sammy doesnt have a Brandon Marshall stealing away the top DBs and coverage so he can roam free like Decker. He gets the top guy plus a safety EVERY game with conservative offensive playcalling sprinkled in.

Now imagine he had played a full 16, he would finish with:

105 targets, 66 receptions, 1,248 yards, 11 tds.

Not bad for a scrub who even had to absorb a 3 target 0 catch stinker week 1 due to "gameplan".

Now imagine that little receiver is white.

Just kidding.

But if he had the 140 targets Decker is on track to receive as the #2 receiver in his offense you would be singing a different song. Or maybe not. I dont know what haters sing. The number one receiver over there (Mr. Marshall is on pace for 189 targets! Holy cow! Lucky him.)

How about Mike Evans's 160 target pace? You know, the 6'5 superstud with Vincent Jackson helping him with coverage and an offense that throws a ton. The guy with only 3 tds and a huge height advantage. That Mike Evans. The one in a different class. Lol.

If you take off the hater lenses you might see that Sammy Watkins is the real deal with only opportunity standing in his way. And he has still found a way to deliver. But you go on and continue to believe that Decker is on Sammy's level. The lame arguments arent convincing anyone around here. Except maybe you and Milkman. At least he has sense enough to pack it in when he's realized one cant breathe with a foot in the mouth. Lol. Im done. Im detecting some lost credibility around these parts.

I'm amazed that he's not being ranked higher this week. I'm in a league where I'm am loaded at WR and may bench Calvin for him. If the Eagles can make a game of it, I don't see how doesn't torch fhat secondary. I know Shady will get his but Sammy only needs one or two deep shots to toast either corner.

... he has some improving to do to get on Decker's level.
lol
34 635 6

59 801 8
Now imagine he had
And here we have the disconnect.

The argument rests entirely on "imagine ifs" and "mighta coulda woulda shouldas".

He is about finished with his second season in the league, at some point you have to evaluate him on what he has done rather than hanging onto what he might have done.

And when it turns from arguing what might be to what is, you won't have someone like me giving reality checks. He will have earned it.

Reality (not hate) right now is

34 635 6

Honestly, I've skimmed through much of the #### measuring in this thread. What do you guys think of his prospects the next three weeks? I'd say he's pretty hot right now no?

Honestly, I've skimmed through much of the #### measuring in this thread. What do you guys think of his prospects the next three weeks? I'd say he's pretty hot right now no?
I don't know how you don't play him this week @Philly. Philly D's performance vs. NE was a statistical outlier.

Next week is just as juicy @Wash. During the Dallas / Wash game, there was some converted WR I believe playing in the secondary and D. Hall is over the hill.

Week 16 could be trouble against Dallas. That secondary seems to limit big plays but could be mailing it in by then.

In short, it's good.

I'm amazed that he's not being ranked higher this week. I'm in a league where I'm am loaded at WR and may bench Calvin for him. If the Eagles can make a game of it, I don't see how doesn't torch fhat secondary. I know Shady will get his but Sammy only needs one or two deep shots to toast either corner.
I'm in the same spot. It seems obvious that Sammy will have a good game. I always seem to have a guy with the best match up that lets me down. For the Lions game, I could see it being field goals, Lions D getting a TD, and Abdullah having a good game. Only way Calvin has a good game is if he scores. I can't see Calvin having a 100 yard game.

Not a good player. Will be on my bench until I trade him away this offseason. Shark Pool thankfully has set me straight and told me that Sammy is hot garbage.

Always had talent, first injuries and then scheme limited him. If they keep forcing it to him he's going to win some championships for patient owners

Not a good player. Will be on my bench until I trade him away this offseason. Shark Pool thankfully has set me straight and told me that Sammy is hot garbage.
Who here said he isn't a good player?
He's pathetic. Can't even hold Decker's jock.
39 716 7

66 875 9
I know. Am agreeing with you. Watkins isn't that good.
You are trolling/concocting in lieu of anything factual to say otherwise. I accept your admission.

Just for fun.

Sammy Watkins on 65 targets has 716 yards and 7 td's.

Mike Evans on 114 targets has 889 yards and 3 td's.

If only Watkins had that 6 foot 5 frame to be a good td guy.

This really is no knock on Evans who is going to be a good WR. It is more so just indicating Watkins will be every bit as good and better when it all plays out in time.

In my league he's only 15 fantasy points (roughly 1 PPG) from D Thomas - who has over twice as many targets. It's criminal how under utilized he is.

I plugged into my playoff lineup last week and was happy with the production. He had a few drops, but was good to see him getting the targets. I have to think the Redskin matchup is a good one for Sammy, and hope he can keep up the momentum.

My league isn't quite a PPR league, but there is a little bonus at 5 receptions, and we give bonuses for long TDs and such - but other than that pretty standard.

In games where he gets 8+ targets, he's averaging exactly 24 PPG (roughly 5 PPG more than Beckham thus far)

In games with 7 or fewer targets, he's averaging 6.2 PPG

Oh, and 8 targets a game would equate to 104 thus far on the season - which currently 20 receivers have (or more, including 6 WRs with 140+ targets already).

There can be no denying his elite ability. Sucks that he plays for the Bills. His elite ability still allows him to produce despite the playcalling disability. Imagine what he could be in a real offense. I dont want to hear the haters open their lame mouths. The proof is in the pudding.

There can be no denying his elite ability. Sucks that he plays for the Bills. His elite ability still allows him to produce despite the playcalling disability. Imagine what he could be in a real offense. I dont want to hear the haters open their lame mouths. The proof is in the pudding.
Delusion. Trade him for Decker in the offseason if you can.

well it's definitely trending up so maybe the Bills (and Taylor) are figuring it out.

Delusion. Trade him for Decker in the offseason if you can.
The older Decker is clearly the choice. Im all over it AK.

Crazy how great his stats are on only 74 targets.

827 yards and 9 td's on 74 fricken targets. Can you imagine if they actually utilized him properly each week.

Targets and misuse:

Just for a point of reference if you take two other small elite WR's like Antonio Brown who has 165 targets on they year and Beckham who has 151 targets on the year it is shameful what they are giving Watkins.

-Brown's 5 highest games for targets this year: 23, 18, 14, 13, and 12 equals 80 targets.

-Odell Beckham has 151 targets on the year. His five highest games: 18, 17, 12, 12 and 12 equals 71 targets.

-Watkins has a grand total of 75 targets on the whole year and he has only received 12 targets in a game once. LOL

Embarrassingly misused on this team.

B..b..b..b.b..ut if he was Eric Decker he would command more targets. Sammy needs to get the hell out of Buffalo. Once again the haters are silenced and waiting for another 1 target game to pounce on Sammy's "lack of ability". LMAO at some of the clowns in here.

B..b..b..b.b..ut if he was Eric Decker he would command more targets. Sammy needs to get the hell out of Buffalo. Once again the haters are silenced and waiting for another 1 target game to pounce on Sammy's "lack of ability". LMAO at some of the clowns in here.
You guys keep referring to haters.. nobody is hating on Sammy.

Crazy how great his stats are on only 74 targets.

827 yards and 9 td's on 74 fricken targets. Can you imagine if they actually utilized him properly each week.
But will he reach 1000 yards? That is the only measure of success that matters.
I was just about to say that. Right now, Ted Ginn Jr. Is the better receiver.
How many other receivers do we declare elite, and compare with Hall of Famers before they can achieve this moderate bar (1000 yards)?

Users who are viewing this thread