What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Sammy Watkins, BAL (2 Viewers)

I think it's quite obvious that was a typo - no reason to belabor a dumb point.

The point that was being made is Watkins is better than low end wr3.  You have posted a half dozen times and your opinion on the discussion is still unknown,
I couldn't figure out what the typo was, then you repeated two or three times.  :shrug:

Even knowing now that it is a typo, I have no idea what the 77-88 points refers to.

eta - If there were ever a thread where my position on a player is clear, it is this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
+2

I don't feel great starting Sammy as my WR2 but love him as my WR3 (or 2nd flex). Sammy still has upside but is what he is, a great WR3, high variance WR2. 
RIght.  People in here have been acting like WR3 are lock and load weekly starters.  Here is the WR ranked 25-36 in my league.  Not sure how anybody can say more thana couple are decidedly better than Watkins.  M Jones with the cange of scene in Det.  

Watkins'

M jones

T Williams

Shepard

Golloday

DT
Funchess

Crabtree

Westbrook

Godwin

Gabriel

M Williams

And here comes the Sammy hate! 
Not sure you understand the usage of that word.

Player with a history of foot problems has another foot problem... and that's "hating" on the guy? I don't think so. Player news is player news... good or bad.

RIght.  People in here have been acting like WR3 are lock and load weekly starters.  Here is the WR ranked 25-36 in my league.  Not sure how anybody can say more thana couple are decidedly better than Watkins.  M Jones with the cange of scene in Det.  

Watkins'

M jones

T Williams

Shepard

Golloday

DT
Funchess

Crabtree

Westbrook

Godwin

Gabriel

M Williams

I’m almost entirely talking dynasty value when talking about Watkins. Which one of those WRs would you NOT sell for a 2019 late 1st?

He’s WR24 because he hasn’t yet had a bye. He’s WR33 on a ppg basis.  He’s averaging 12.6ppg when his QB is absolutely blistering the league on an unsustainable pace (read: that means his ppg is theoretically at its highest unless he gets a greater target share).  There are tons of mediocre WRs within a couple ppg of him, and yet people continue to value Watkins as some difference maker with upside when all he’s done through FIVE seasons is disappoint for (fill in the reason).  Mind boggling, really.  
Still, better than every other player mentioned. The point was that there are a lot of players who are good WR in real life but not a huge fantasy stud. 

Not sure you understand the usage of that word.

Player with a history of foot problems has another foot problem... and that's "hating" on the guy? I don't think so. Player news is player news... good or bad.
Maybe you should read the thread ?

fook, I have a stage 5 clinger now :(

First, they put up tons of points.  4th option is fine in that offense.  And when a defense keys in on Hill, all of sudden he isn't the 4th option.  As has been evidenced.

Second, he should have been drafted in the 9th/10th round and should be your second flex option... if you're banking on him for your WR2, yeah - not so great.
this is a very good point....when the bye weeks hit and your second flex option supposedly starts seeing your lineup more frequently...people start freaking out if they don't get the consistent WR2 production.....the ROI really isn't that bad

Sammy Watkins (foot) is expected to return for Week 11 against the Rams.

Watkins seemed close to suiting up for Week 10 and will have an extra day to get healthy for Week 11 with the Chiefs playing on Monday Night Football. They will then head on bye, giving Watkins almost two weeks for any further healing. Watkins will be a WR2 for what should be a guaranteed shootout with the Rams.

Source: Brooke Pryor on Twitter 

Nov 12 - 1:42 PM

Sammy Watkins (foot) is questionable for Week 11 against the Rams.

Watkins is trending toward missing another game after not practicing the last two days. Coach Andy Reid said Watkins is only dealing with soreness, but it would be a surprise if Kansas City pushed him before their Week 12 bye. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce would see an uptick in targets it Watkins, with Chris Conley starting opposite Hill in two wide sets.

Source: Adam Teicher on Twitter 

Nov 17 - 3:39 PM

This is not great. Was hoping to plug him in this week and hard to rely on the Monday night game without much option if he doesn’t go.

I ended up picking up Josh Reynolds because of the chance that Watkins might not play.  My worry is that Watkins plays a couple of series and then is done for the game leaving me with a zero.  

I ended up picking up Josh Reynolds because of the chance that Watkins might not play.  My worry is that Watkins plays a couple of series and then is done for the game leaving me with a zero.  
That's exactly what he did. He's on the sideline with his helmet off. 😡

He probably made it worse too.  He had no business out there, obviously limping around.  The Chiefs medical staff should think a little harder next time... 

Owning Watkins sucks. I only have him on the bench in one redraft league but zero shares in dynasty. 

It’s literally IMPOSSIBLE to know when to start him. It’s certainly not hard at all to bench him. 

It was so, so dumb for the Chiefs to start Watkins with him limping around and the bye looming.  SO dumb.  He was glued to my bench anyways, figured the Chiefs aren't that stupid.  I guess they are that stupid...

Owning Watkins sucks. I only have him on the bench in one redraft league but zero shares in dynasty. 

It’s literally IMPOSSIBLE to know when to start him. It’s certainly not hard at all to bench him. 
I was wrong and apologize. It's easy to know when to start him and, in this case, when NOT to start him.

The answer is Never and Definitely Not the Rest of This Year.

signed,

Still Happy with Late 1st Rookie Pick for Watkins.

Sammy Watkins caught 6-of-8 targets for 62 yards in the Chiefs' Divisional Round win over the Colts.

Watkins was far from perfect -- he dropped a first-quarter target that could have gone for a long gain and got stripped by Darius Leonard in the second half -- but Watkins most importantly looked back to full health after so much time off. He ripped a 34-yard catch and run on Kansas City's opening possession, made a one-handed catch, and was tackled at the one-yard line after a shovel pass. Watkins should be all systems go for the AFC Championship Game, making an already-dangerous Kansas City offense that much more lethal.

Jan 12 - 8:25 PM

I felt like Watkins was to KC what CJ Anderson  was to the Rams today.

They were comfortable they were gonna win.. Use as much as possible to rest your studs.

Watkins actually is a damn good player.  He's been disappointing us for so long it's easy to forget that he is still only 25 and could still break out.  He's in one of the best situations in the league. 

He's very close in age to Dede Westbrook, Kenny Golladay and Cooper Kupp but has been in the league for 3 more years than those guys. 

Whats dirt cheap?  Would think his value is going up inversely as Hills value goes down? 
Team A gave up Watkins, Sammy KCC WR
Team B gave up Hill, B.J. NYG DE

This was offered to me after I offered 4.06 for Watkins. Couldn't turn it down obviously. Keep expecting the other owner to email me realizing he left out a pick or something.  :unsure:

53 man rosters where we start 3 DE/DT

The other owner has been in the league for 10+ yrs and is a former league champ so he is not a newbie

Lol.  Even @joey wouldn't sell that low :)

Nice buy
ha! yeah, this is the moment of truth for Watkins. All the stars aligning for him to be in a great system for the 2nd year in a row, with a great QB, where he should be the WR1.

I'd even buy at 4.6 (don't play IDP so don't know who BJ Hill DE NYG is).

I'm torn on Watkins this year. The talent is there. The Quarterback is there. The opportunity is there. Why don't I love him? If healthy, how does he not go off for 1,100 / 8 Touchdowns? Maybe that's the problem? Durability. I don't know where he's going in redraft. I was able to flip him for the 1.08 pick in my contract dynasty league.

There's got to be something either missing or off with this guy. He's been on 3 different teams in 5 years after being THE blue chip wide receiver prospect of the 2014 NFL Draft. He's played in 65 of 80 potential games in his 5 year career. He went for 982 and 1,047 when he was the only weapon in Buffalo his first two seasons.

He's averaged only 46.69 YPG his last 3 seasons. That's 3 different teams, 3 different systems, and 3 different quarterbacks. Same results. Could be the best case scenario for him this season. I wouldn't want him as anything more than my WR3 though.

I'm torn on Watkins this year. The talent is there. The Quarterback is there. The opportunity is there. Why don't I love him? If healthy, how does he not go off for 1,100 / 8 Touchdowns? Maybe that's the problem? Durability. I don't know where he's going in redraft. I was able to flip him for the 1.08 pick in my contract dynasty league.

There's got to be something either missing or off with this guy. He's been on 3 different teams in 5 years after being THE blue chip wide receiver prospect of the 2014 NFL Draft. He's played in 65 of 80 potential games in his 5 year career. He went for 982 and 1,047 when he was the only weapon in Buffalo his first two seasons.

He's averaged only 46.69 YPG his last 3 seasons. That's 3 different teams, 3 different systems, and 3 different quarterbacks. Same results. Could be the best case scenario for him this season. I wouldn't want him as anything more than my WR3 though.
Agreed. See my last million posts in this thread ;)

I would wait til the season is about to start, when the hype is at its peak, to unload him for the best I can get. No way he stays healthy.

As I’m writing this I’m realizing that assumes he makes it through training camp unscathed, which is no given

bottom line, I would look to move him

Users who are viewing this thread