Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Carter_Can_Fly

Sammy Watkins the next Andre Johnson...

Still regret trading him for Pettis in the offseason, but at least there's hope that I didn't get beaten too badly with that trade.  

13 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

Still regret trading him for Pettis in the offseason, but at least there's hope that I didn't get beaten too badly with that trade.  

At some point you will love this trade IMO.

Could be the all time biggest P in the A I’ve ever owned. I can’t even begin to detail all the times this guy has cost me but I’ll state the two most recent: last year I have Josh Reynolds penciled in against the Chiefs in that wild shootout. I yank him literally a minute before kickoff and replace him with Watkins. One catch for one yard and an ankle injury. Reynolds goes off for two TDs plus a bunch of receptions and yards. This is an FFPC league and I end up missing playoffs by 16 points.

This year I don’t have him in the lineup week one when he goes berserk (although I did have the pleasure of going against him in my most important league!!) and he’s been a ####### albatross ‘round my neck since....

I mean wt heck. Sammy must have bamboozled the entire fantasy football system. I have Mahomes and traded Edelman for Watkins with Watkins being a top 5 WR a couple weeks ago. Then nothing! I don't get it??? F

Now Tyreek returns soon and now what? F

1 hour ago, Team Smokin' said:

I mean wt heck. Sammy must have bamboozled the entire fantasy football system. I have Mahomes and traded Edelman for Watkins with Watkins being a top 5 WR a couple weeks ago. Then nothing! I don't get it??? F

Oof.

Why?

You don't get what?  That this is who he is and has been since day 1?

Edited by matuski

5 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

4 hours ago, matuski said:

Oof.

Why?

You don't get what?  That this is who he is and has been since day 1?

Well, I do follow Footballguys and have been for many years. They had Watkins rated higher then Edelman going forward and in week 3 and week 4. I was simply following sound advice and believed Watkins would score more TD's and more yards over Edelman. Sometimes a trade works out and sometimes it doesn't. The verdict isn't out yet. I like a piece of KC offense slightly more then NE. Watkins was drafted to be a WR #1 and flirted on and off while being injured. I swung a lil for the fences. I also have Mahomes and like the stack.

22 hours ago, steelwind said:

Wait is this a midweek downgrade?  Tweaked in practice?  Usually midweek injuries aren't good for a player's chance to suit up.  This impacts my decision as a Mercole owner.

This is a real nard kicker since I also need to play TY this week.

I don't really have any good options in one league if he sits. So I snagged Pascal on the Friday waiver run in FFPC. Might be a decent pivot. Only other choice is be preemptive and start Corey Davis. 

*removes puke from mouth*

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

I don't really have any good options in one league if he sits. So I snagged Pascal on the Friday waiver run in FFPC. Might be a decent pivot. Only other choice is be preemptive and start Corey Davis. 

*removes puke from mouth*

You already know what will happen if you bench Watkins.

14 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Eh? I was talking about if he sits.

Missed that part where he was hurt. Trying to keep up but failing.

1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

Missed that part where he was hurt. Trying to keep up but failing.

Yeah if he is playing he is in my lineup. I can't see preempting the decision by starting Davis. Pascal isn't a horrible play considering he has had a decent role and you have to assume the Colts will be passing a lot. But yeah going with Watkins otherwise.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Sammy Watkins (shoulder) is expected to play in Week 5 against the Colts.

Watkins was surprisingly downgraded on Friday but apparently his injury wasn't too harsh. He'll suit up and primarily square off against the Colts from the slot alongside rookie Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson. Now back in Arrowhead Stadium, all three should be considered Top 40 options worthy of starting across all formats in Week 5.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 6, 2019, 1:20 AM ET

Sammy Watkins (shoulder) is active for Week 5 against the Colts.

Watkins had a late-week downgrade but it wasn't enough to keep him out. It's possible his snaps are limited, but his upside is too good to pass up with Tyreek Hill sidelined. Watkins, Mecole Hardman, and Demarcus Robinson are all FLEX plays against an injured Colts secondary.

Oct 6, 2019, 7:14 PM ET

10 minutes ago, zed2283 said:

Left the sideline for the locker room.

Was he in at all or hurt himself on the sidelines?

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Was he in at all or hurt himself on the sidelines?

Don't know.  Questionable to return with a hamstring...

🙂

For some reason, the emoji that shows up is a smiley face.

Other Sammy owners understand I am really trying to post the pile of poo.  Dozens of piles of poo

Edited by doeseatplace
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I’ve been a truther. I think I’m finally done. Hopefully I can trade my one share in Dynasty. 

Thank you Sammy, for giving me a miracle shot at pulling out week 5. Almost feel bad for opponent. Almost.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:56 AM, JetMaxx said:

I know a girl that used to hang out with him in Buffalo. Granted this was a few years back but her take was that he didn’t take being a professional athlete very seriously, that he was the type of guy that was in no big hurry to mature/grow up. Hopefully the light has come on for him, as was mentioned the stars are aligned. 

You were warned. 

• Like 2

He’ll blow up next week on everyone’s bench then disappear for another month. Rinse repeat. :lmao:

Even when he's healthy, the only reliable player in this offense is Mahomes. He's too good at spreading the ball around. I don't even feel good about Hill coming back. Watkins is never going to be a consistent fantasy player here.

10 minutes ago, Faust said:

Quoting @flapgreen here:

“Bum”

There seem to be a lot of them around these days.  Throw Darrel Williams in there, too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goooals said:

I have Mack or Watkins in a non-ppr.  Think I will play it safe with Mack.

Well done.

1 hour ago, dipandglide said:

One word?

See that. If you traded him away, you’d have a word to spare. 

Or: "Sell period", if you really wanted two.  :) 

44 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Cashed in big this week with my WR duo of Watkins and Mike Evans.

Sell High!

i had him last year and he did something similar on primetime.  i only needed like 2 points from him and he got hurt the first drive of the game, exited, questionable to return, and never came back, not even to root his own team on from the sidelines.  dude went home lol.  he was dead to me from that point on.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 5:45 AM, apalmer said:

Cashed in big this week with my WR duo of Watkins and Mike Evans.

I had them too with Hilton as my flex

If I play John Brown over either of these chumps, I win 

how fun 

Bye week problems this week, looking at outright dropping Watkins for Dede Westbrook 

ugh 

Edited by Wrigley

On 5/8/2014 at 10:27 PM, Archer said:

Ceiling? Jerry Rice.

These posts seem like yesterday.