What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Assuming you mean movies I chose to see in the theaters and not some random dreck that I caught on TV.

Probably a tie between The Spirit and Predators. Forced to choose I'd say The Spirit.

I walked out on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Only movie I've ever done that with. I'd rather watch paint dry.

I'm not an avid movie-goer, but 2 that I remember seeing that I found awful:

- Funny Farm (although that is where my nickname comes from)

- Spies Like Us

TROY - had such high expectations but what a steaming hot pile of horse s...

Armageddon, Twister and 7 Years in Tibet all worthy contenders.

Lots of good, horrible options in here.

I have only walked out of two movies in my life, they may not be the worst I have ever not seen in their entirety but they are certainly notable for the fact that I was willing to leave after paying for a seat.

City Heat - Burt Reynolds, awesome. Clint Eastwood, awesome. City Heat, turrible.

My Deadly Friend
City Heat......Only movie I've ever walked out on

Last edited by a moderator:
Blair Witch Project
Hands down winner.

This was awful and was getting all sorts of cred the first 2 weeks it was out as the scariest movie ever.
this
loved this in the theater. saw it opening weekend, the crowd bought in, was tense, etc. I bet there is not a lot of rewatchability at home though.
Cosign...i saw it early on in the theater and didn't know much of the plot other than that it was some sort of documentary on a scary camping trip. Had me and the rest of the theater on edge. Quality flick.

Santa With Muscles, no contest.
good one. I'll add

The Longshot (Leif Garrett's shameless cash-in on the foosball craze that was sweeping the nation)

Snake Eater (you know you're in for a good time when the headlining actors are Lorenzo Lamas, Ron Palillo and Larry Csonka)

worst? probably Killer Nerd and Bride of Killer Nerd.

seen a lot of bad horror movies, so don't count those as much.

So many memorable bad movies already listed.

I'll add Random Hearts with Harrison Ford (1999). It's one of the few movies I have ever walked out on. Just dull, slow and boring like no other. I've never seen another film with so many excruciatingly long silent pauses. Harrison Ford's earring showed more range than he did in this film.

List of movies that were so bad I've walked out on them or shut them off

Joes Apartment

Holy Man

Pineapple Express

For a movie I've sat all the way through if say Pearl Harbor is pretty terrible

Best bad movie though is Troll 2
You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, mother####er!

Hands down for me is The Hours. When Ed Harris talks about jumping out the window I wanted to join him. I wanted to leave but you keep thinking with all that talent in the cast that eventually it would be good.

I'm surprised a lot of you watch movies that are so universally panned or look so stupid on the surface. Half the movies mentioned here I would never rent or even pull up on Netflix, just a waste of time.

Hands down for me is The Hours. When Ed Harris talks about jumping out the window I wanted to join him. I wanted to leave but you keep thinking with all that talent in the cast that eventually it would be good.

I'm surprised a lot of you watch movies that are so universally panned or look so stupid on the surface. Half the movies mentioned here I would never rent or even pull up on Netflix, just a waste of time.
I thought that was one of the better movies that year.

Howard the Duck

I thought that movie was terrible when it came out, and I was only nine years old.

Worst:

Ed - Movie about a baseball playing monkey.

Least Enjoyable:

Meet Joe Black - Good cast but excruciatingly boring to me. No reason for it to have been 3 hours long.

Least Enjoyable:

Meet Joe Black - Good cast but excruciatingly boring to me. No reason for it to have been 3 hours long.
Maybe the best example of a movie winning the worst editor award. It's like they paid the cast a bunch of money and they wanted to "get their money's worth".

I know we all watch movies for different reasons. movies on the lines of tree of life will never piss me off- I figure at least they are trying for something above and beyond even if they don't always click. stupid, soulless movies that have talented people involved or movies that really trash a good franchise are what anger me and I end up thinking are terrible- #### like cowboys vs aliens or the last die hard movies come to mind.

stupid, soulless movies that have talented people involved or movies that really trash a good franchise are what anger me and I end up thinking are terrible- #### like cowboys vs aliens or the last die hard movies come to mind.
The thing is, those movies are still entertaining for the most part. It can't be the worst movie ever if it's not in the list of movies that make you want to shoot yourself in the face to get out of watching the rest like say, Tree of Life did.

I hate when movies get a pass because they're trying something different. You see this at Sundance. Every movie that's different or out there gets praised as amazing by a bunch of movie hipsters that somehow think different = good. Something different and unique can still be boring and terrible. You don't get points for doing something crappy just because no one else did something crappy in the same way.

I can only assume that none of you got dragged to watch The Bridges of Madison County by your SO.

Clint Eastwood as a romantic lead. 10 minutes in, I was just praying for him to take out a gun and shoot her. Or me. Anything to make it stop.

Matrix sequels, especially 3, also a good choice.

I need to revise my answer.

I'm first assuming that "seen" means I watched the whole movie. I've turned off a lot and walked out of a couple, but the worst movie I ever saw all the way through was on a date with a very attractive, very dirty young woman in college who was obsessed with 21 Jump Street.

If Looks Could Kill, starring Richard Greico. I forgot I saw that one.

I walked out of 200 Cigarettes after 20 minutes of it. I then walked into Rushmore, and my afternoon was saved.

Worst:

Ed - Movie about a baseball playing monkey.

Least Enjoyable:

Meet Joe Black is one of my top ten movies. Really liked that movie. Thought it was introspective and thoughtful.

Bridesmaids. (after hearing how funny it was, well I found it terribly unfunny)

Stargate. (being high as a kite may have had something to do with it, not sure)

Watchmen (probably because it wasn't anything close to what I expected)

I thought that was one of the better movies that year.
Critically acclaimed KP which is why I mention it. To me when you post something like a bad David Arquette film, you knew it was gonna suxor before you ever bought the ticket or rented the video. But when you hear a critically acclaimed movie is good and you come out feeling totally ripped off, that's a better selection for worst movie IMHO.

I appreciate that you liked the movie but I was bored to tears. Same with English Patient and The Constant Gardner both starring Ralph Fiennes who I do think is a good actor.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, I see you post up a lot in movie threads, many times you and I have polar opposite views on films which is just fine.

stupid, soulless movies that have talented people involved or movies that really trash a good franchise are what anger me and I end up thinking are terrible- #### like cowboys vs aliens or the last die hard movies come to mind.
The thing is, those movies are still entertaining for the most part. It can't be the worst movie ever if it's not in the list of movies that make you want to shoot yourself in the face to get out of watching the rest like say, Tree of Life did.

I hate when movies get a pass because they're trying something different. You see this at Sundance. Every movie that's different or out there gets praised as amazing by a bunch of movie hipsters that somehow think different = good. Something different and unique can still be boring and terrible. You don't get points for doing something crappy just because no one else did something crappy in the same way.
like I said, we are looking for different things. I could barely make it through the new die hard or cowboys vs aliens, and hated them. wasnt entertained at all.

no different doesn't equal good, but a lot of the movies people are listing b/c they were bored still have good performances, interesting camera movement, good direction, etc.. if that blows your hair back. I find more entertainment in that than cgi robots and explosions.

like I said, we are looking for different things. I could barely make it through the new die hard or cowboys vs aliens, and hated them. wasnt entertained at all.

no different doesn't equal good, but a lot of the movies people are listing b/c they were bored still have good performances, interesting camera movement, good direction, etc.. if that blows your hair back. I find more entertainment in that than cgi robots and explosions.
Same here, maybe we aren't so different on movies. As I am getting older I find I like less and less of the mainstream box office hits.

In 2013 the top 10 box office movies were

1. Hunger Games...no interest

2. IM3...was OK

3. Frozen...saw it on a torrent at neighbors, meh.

4. Despicable Me 2...OK

5. Man of Steel...not so much

6. Gravity...visually was fun to watch

7. Monsters Univ...OK

8. The Hobbit...I refuse to watch them until they are all released and I have time to kill on a long weekend. But I loved the 1st 3, especially TT.

9. Fast and Furious 6...you seen 1 you seen them all

10. Oz Great and Powerful...disappointed.

I wouldn't say any of those are even close to making my list of best films last year.

Her and Dallas Buyers Club were the 2 best films I saw, one of them managed to crack the top 100 barely at 99 for box office respites so it is apparent that many movies I like are not gonna be overly popular with most folks. And a lot of the other movies I like fall into documentary types which I have become a huge fan of over the last 5-6 year as they keep getting better. I would say this is a terrific era for documentaries.

I also liked a movie no one saw called Trance($2.5M) box office return, directed by Danny Boyle, good flick. Side Effects was fun to watch, I'm not above wanting to be entertained and not simply just watching art on film.

Bridesmaids. (after hearing how funny it was, well I found it terribly unfunny)

Stargate. (being high as a kite may have had something to do with it, not sure)

Watchmen (probably because it wasn't anything close to what I expected)
What? Bridesmaids was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread