What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Malaysian jet news (3 Viewers)

One of the passengers called to report that he is safe in Thailand but someone who has his stolen passport got on the plane.

CNN is useless.... Search for Luigi Maraldi and translate from Italian to English.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the passengers called to report that he is safe in Thailand but someone who has his stolen passport got on the plane.

CNN is useless.... Search for Luigi Maraldi and translate from Italian to English.
that doesn't sound good....assuming it is accurate.

ABC news said earlier that the flight was out of radar range and they're not even sure exactly where to search.

ABC news said earlier that the flight was out of radar range and they're not even sure exactly where to search.
If you have a flight path and know when you lost contact, I think they would have a good idea where to start looking. http://www.godlikeproductions.com/external?http%3A%2F%2Fnl.flightaware.com%2Flive%2Fflight%2FMAS370%2Fhistory%2F20140306%2F1635Z%2FWMKK%2FZBAA%2Ftracklog
Well they're estimating based on speed and the last known contact which could've been hours, so it could be quite a large area they need to search.

CNN now investigating another name on the passenger list but is it accurate? :unsure:

(CNN) -- Austria denied that one of the citizens included on the passenger list issued by Malaysia Airlines was on board Flight MH370, the plane that went missing, Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Weiss told CNN Saturday. The Austrian citizen is safe and sound and his passport was stolen two years ago, Weiss said.

If you have a flight path and know when you lost contact, I think they would have a good idea where to start looking.http://www.godlikeproductions.com/external?http%3A%2F%2Fnl.flightaware.com%2Flive%2Fflight%2FMAS370%2Fhistory%2F20140306%2F1635Z%2FWMKK%2FZBAA%2Ftracklog
Well they're estimating based on speed and the last known contact which could've been hours, so it could be quite a large area they need to search.
When the aircraft is covering close to 10 miles a minute, it wouldn't need to be hours. Ten minutes would make a huge area to search, particularly underwater.

Wow.
careful, the herd may get you.Even though this happened in stable weather at cruising altitude not even halfway into the flight on one of the best aircrafts in the world with very experienced pilots and no signs of issues until after it disappeared from the grid.

Things are looking pretty bad. At least two passengers on that plane were using stolen passports and no radio communications before disappearing. We won't know if the hijackers crashed the plane or if there was a Flight 93 situation.

Wow.
careful, the herd may get you.Even though this happened in stable weather at cruising altitude not even halfway into the flight on one of the best aircrafts in the world with very experienced pilots and no signs of issues until after it disappeared from the grid.
Is there any possibility that you could try to avoid getting this thread locked? Some people actually want to get updates and discuss this. Thanks in advance.

I didn't derail the other thread. I connected dots and came to a likely conclusion. Others took exception, for reasons I will never understand except those people get off from picking iFights.

Wow.
Is there any possibility that you could try to avoid getting this thread locked? Some people actually want to get updates and discuss this. Thanks in advance.
How would this get the thread locked? It seems like an obvious possibility.

Wow.
How would this get the thread locked? It seems like an obvious possibility.
Did it seem like an obvious possibility last night, 30 minutes after the other thread was opened?

All we had at the time was an unaccounted for aircraft.

If you have a flight path and know when you lost contact, I think they would have a good idea where to start looking.http://www.godlikeproductions.com/external?http%3A%2F%2Fnl.flightaware.com%2Flive%2Fflight%2FMAS370%2Fhistory%2F20140306%2F1635Z%2FWMKK%2FZBAA%2Ftracklog
When the aircraft is covering close to 10 miles a minute, it wouldn't need to be hours. Ten minutes would make a huge area to search, particularly underwater.
Right which would make the search area an extremely large size if the last contact was hours, which was my original point. I never knew this, but ABC news told me that because of the technology in those countries the radar isn't that good so the planes can be out of signal range for hours.

Wow.
bump for limp ditka, next time maybe ask questions instead of try to pick a fight. I found all of that info right after reading the initial report. This stolen passport stuff is the only new info. My delivery could have been better, but I'm sure the herd would have done what the herd does anyway.

Those of you waiting for news, are probably going to be waiting a long time. The Bay of Thailand (last known radar contact) is nearly 300ft at its deepest spot. The Titanic sunk in just under three hours.

Those of you waiting for news, are probably going to be waiting a long time. The Bay of Thailand (last known radar contact) is nearly 300ft at its deepest spot. The Titanic sunk in just under three hours.
the oil trail found coupled with the rubble washed ashore has to centralize the search area though, yes?

Rohn Jambo said:
Please keep the facts straight.The oil slick is found in the South China sea even though communication was lost over the Bay of Thailand.

There is a reasonable explanation or the one hour gap.
Even worse. If the plane went down in the South China Sea, instead of the B of T, the depths are even greater.

My point was, if these countries don't have the technology to track planes from zone to zone, then I doubt their deep water recovery is up to snuff. The black box (if intact) could take weeks to recover.

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters. I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.
I agree with you about the in-fighting but you seriously come here for world news? If you see the posts here you can tell that no one has any facts or a clue about anything at any given time

Come to the FBG for news about something taking place in Asia? Why?

Here is the CNN breaking news, two hours later...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/08/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-passengers/

The Austrian name is Christian Kozel.
Well, now we know it wasn't Muslims. ;)
The Hans have been trying to wipe out the Uighurs for centuries and are actively carrying out eugenics programs including forced/tricked sterilization in Uighur population centers today.

Recent SUV event and mass train station stabbings in Beijing all point to escalation.

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters. I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.
I agree with you about the in-fighting but you seriously come here for world news? If you see the posts here you can tell that no one has any facts or a clue about anything at any given timeCome to the FBG for news about something taking place in Asia? Why?
I don't mind catching certain pieces of news here... Breaking news threads aren't that bad until it turns political, then you've gotta chew through 27 pages for one legitimate update.

Topics like celebrity deaths are perfect example of news I get here. Usually doesn't cross over into political and I can get the key pieces of information in a short time, so no need for Google.

If this turns out to be terrorism, then this thread turns to endless debating and nonsense, then becomes impossible to follow, in which case nothing newsworthy can be found in here anymore.

MAC claimed the ONLY possibility was a bomb. That's a pretty strong stance to take. He kept at it even though there were many possible scenarios, one of which was his assertion of a bomb. Even if he turns out to be correct, his original stance was ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread