identikit

Missing Malaysian jet news

5,004 posts in this topic

Those of you waiting for news, are probably going to be waiting a long time. The Bay of Thailand (last known radar contact) is nearly 300ft at its deepest spot. The Titanic sunk in just under three hours.

the oil trail found coupled with the rubble washed ashore has to centralize the search area though, yes?

Those of you waiting for news, are probably going to be waiting a long time. The Bay of Thailand (last known radar contact) is nearly 300ft at its deepest spot. The Titanic sunk in just under three hours.

Please keep the facts straight.

The oil slick is found in the South China sea even though communication was lost over the Bay of Thailand.

There is a reasonable explanation or the one hour gap.

Even worse. If the plane went down in the South China Sea, instead of the B of T, the depths are even greater.

My point was, if these countries don't have the technology to track planes from zone to zone, then I doubt their deep water recovery is up to snuff. The black box (if intact) could take weeks to recover.

Mac_32 redeemed.

Clique looks foolish.

:lmao:

Try growing up a little.

It amazes me how this place is becoming more juvenile each day. I mean, at some point, you'd think it would have to bottom out. Apparently though there is no floor here.

2 people like this

Mac_32 redeemed.

Clique looks foolish.

Try growing up a little.

Try loosening up a little.

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters. I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.

I agree with you about the in-fighting but you seriously come here for world news? If you see the posts here you can tell that no one has any facts or a clue about anything at any given time

Come to the FBG for news about something taking place in Asia? Why?

Edited by Jules Winnfield

Here is the CNN breaking news, two hours later...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/08/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-passengers/

The Austrian name is Christian Kozel.

Well, now we know it wasn't Muslims. ;)

The Hans have been trying to wipe out the Uighurs for centuries and are actively carrying out eugenics programs including forced/tricked sterilization in Uighur population centers today.

Recent SUV event and mass train station stabbings in Beijing all point to escalation.

Edited by Acme CEO

Two people on the plane that suddenly went missing were there using stolen passports? Uhh...

previously on lost
1 person likes this

Very tragic. Prayers to all the families of the victims.

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters. I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.

I agree with you about the in-fighting but you seriously come here for world news? If you see the posts here you can tell that no one has any facts or a clue about anything at any given time

I don't mind catching certain pieces of news here... Breaking news threads aren't that bad until it turns political, then you've gotta chew through 27 pages for one legitimate update.

Topics like celebrity deaths are perfect example of news I get here. Usually doesn't cross over into political and I can get the key pieces of information in a short time, so no need for Google.

If this turns out to be terrorism, then this thread turns to endless debating and nonsense, then becomes impossible to follow, in which case nothing newsworthy can be found in here anymore.

MAC claimed the ONLY possibility was a bomb. That's a pretty strong stance to take. He kept at it even though there were many possible scenarios, one of which was his assertion of a bomb. Even if he turns out to be correct, his original stance was ridiculous.

Edited by mr roboto
3 people like this

I don't mind catching certain pieces of news here... Breaking news threads aren't that bad until it turns political, then you've gotta chew through 27 pages for one legitimate update.

Topics like celebrity deaths are perfect example of news I get here. Usually doesn't cross over into political and I can get the key pieces of information in a short time, so no need for Google.

If this turns out to be terrorism, then this thread turns to endless debating and nonsense, then becomes impossible to follow, in which case nothing newsworthy can be found in here anymore.

Yep. This place is a good aggregator until the threads get chochet'ed.

Whats the big deal if that was his stance? Its not like he insulted anybody or made any low class jokes. Seriously, people need to get over themselves

The statement was very speculative and it was a bit silly to say only, but the point can be made without the i-lynching.

Whats the big deal if that was his stance? Its not like he insulted anybody or made any low class jokes. Seriously, people need to get over themselves

Agreed. It takes two people to have an argument.

It's not a big deal. But neither is pointing it out. I just think it's funny how adamant he was about it. I also think it's funny that those who pointed it out are considered to be the foolish ones.

I think a good rule of thumb should be:

All OP's that break news stories should update the OP with any updates... AZ Ron's thread about loaning a chick money is the perfect example. If news was tracked on here like that, I'd never need to search elsewhere.

So far we have a few pieces of info - The oil slicks ( he has) & the 2 passengers traveling with stolen passports.

I think a good rule of thumb should be:

All OP's that break news stories should update the OP with any updates... AZ Ron's thread about loaning a chick money is the perfect example. If news was tracked on here like that, I'd never need to search elsewhere.

So far we have a few pieces of info - The oil slicks ( he has) & the 2 passengers traveling with stolen passports.

Yeah, AR is a real trailblazer in making thread updates. Em tried changing the title but that did not go over so well. Lead to too many hard deletes and no happy endings.

I think you are confusing this place with reuters.

No idea if true, but local rock station here in DC said that 2 people couldn't get on the flight as their passports were stolen and the airline wouldn't let them on. Crazy.

No idea if true, but local rock station here in DC said that 2 people couldn't get on the flight as their passports were stolen and the airline wouldn't let them on. Crazy.

the report is actually two passengers who were thought to be on the flight (an austrian and italian) were actually both home. Their passports were stolen a few years ago. Usa thinking thats a possible flag for terrorism

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/oil-slicks-remains-missing-malaysia-airlines-jetline-article-1.1715004

Edited by shadyridr

Sounds like a decent policy on its face if they have no other way to prove their identity.

the report is actually two passengers who were thought to be on the flight (an austrian and italian) were actually both home. Their passports were stolen a few years ago. Usa thinking thats a possible flag for terrorism

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/oil-slicks-remains-missing-malaysia-airlines-jetline-article-1.1715004

Ah, thanks for the link. That's what you get when a local rock station tried to give their spin on an international news story in the 10 seconds they have between songs.

I would guess a bomb or something went off due to terrorism. If it was a mechanical failure, you would think the pilots would have been able to radio out before it went down.

So now we are going to have an international database of lost or stolen passports. Seems like it would have been easy enough to flag these.

I would guess a bomb or something went off due to terrorism. If it was a mechanical failure, you would think the pilots would have been able to radio out before it went down.

C'mon, you guys have got to give me this one.

We can't speculate on the cause?

I'm calling faulty altimeter as the cause. Lack of debris leads me to believe it flew straight into the ocean like a dart and vanished as the plane failed to recognize the curve of the earth

We can't speculate on the cause?
you can today, not last night

You're entitled to nothing.

NOTHING!!!

Two people on the plane that suddenly went missing were there using stolen passports? Uhh...

previously on lost

First thing I thought of

I'm calling faulty altimeter as the cause. Lack of debris leads me to believe it flew straight into the ocean like a dart and vanished as the plane failed to recognize the curve of the earth

That's far less likely than a terrorist bomb simultaneously set off by two people from different countries who were both using stolen passports.

A lot of you should be banned. The rest, shot.

That's far less likely than a terrorist bomb simultaneously set off by two people from different countries who were both using stolen passports.

The stolen passports were from different countries. The two actual terrorists could be from the same country. It could indicate the work of an organization which has cells throughout the world. Say someone like al Qaeda

This wouldn't have happened if Liam Neeson was on that flight

A lot of you should be banned. The rest, shot.

anyone lucky enough to draw double duty? :excited:

Well, it was a fairly narrow stance, and most of the posters are in favor of a wide stance.

The stolen passports were from different countries. The two actual terrorists could be from the same country. It could indicate the work of an organization which has cells throughout the world. Say someone like al Qaeda

Both passports were stolen in Thailand.

This wouldn't have happened if Liam Neeson was on that flight

spoiler tags please