What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are Doc Martens still cool? (1 Viewer)

lol at Otis.

Doc Martins are back in a big way here in NYC- I've just noticed this in the last few weeks (and made a comment in the :style: thread). They're so back, I even see them in non-trendy places like where I work around Bryant Park.

eta: I keep forgetting that Bryant Park still has a lot of fashion companies in the area, so maybe I'm seeing fashion people wearing them and it's still more down-towney.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol at Otis.

Doc Martins are back in a big way here in NYC- I've just noticed this in the last few weeks (and made a comment in the :style: thread). They're so back, I even see them in non-trendy places like where I work around Bryant Park.

eta: I keep forgetting that Bryant Park still has a lot of fashion companies in the area, so maybe I'm seeing fashion people wearing them and it's still more down-towney.
I guess if you're in the fashion industry maybe it's cool. So are sparkly purple blazers. Also acceptable if you're in high school or The Ramones.

But for a grown man? No.

Don't care about fashion.. I love the plain brown or black steel toe boots and shoes for work... I don't love the price tag..

lol at Otis.

I guess if you're in the fashion industry maybe it's cool. So are sparkly purple blazers. Also acceptable if you're in high school or The Ramones.

But for a grown man? No.
Otis- your track record on what's cool isn't very good. So remember this thread before you start your "Why aren't you nerds wearing Docs like me" thread next summer.

Who cares about cool... they're the best casual shoe ever. Every 8-10 years I buy a new pair of the black with black threading.

Not sure whether they're cool or not, and don't really care. What they are is comfortable and indestructible.

lol at Otis.

My ex-gf was in the NY fashion industry and had Doc Martins. I said they were ugly. She said they were cool. We didn't get along very well.

" post="16612885" timestamp="1394552495"]
Arent those old man shoes? lol
Says the middle-aged geezer with a picture of himself in an affliction shirt for his avatar....
It isnt affliction, hater...

Dont get all pissy with me cuz i called your doc martens "old man" shoes lol

Thats a fine looking caucasion man by the way....
I don't own doc martens... I just found it ironic to see a 50 year old guy wearing out-of-style college kid's clothes while calling other people's attire "Old man" anything.

I will say this... Doc Martens may not be the coolest style shoe in the world (though they are most certainly making a comeback, and they at least serve a functional purpose)... at least they're not a cheap off-brand knockoff of a style of shirt that has been referred to as "######## Du Jour" by a popular fashion rag...

Glass houses and all... just sayin.

" post="16613451" timestamp="1394559776"]
Says the middle-aged geezer with a picture of himself in an affliction shirt for his avatar....

It isnt affliction, hater...
Might as well be.
Ill put on a hipster shirt and some doc martens, would that make you feel better? lol
It's not terribly surprising that these are the only two perceived options available to Peens....

Dont worry your pretty little head over me, con. I got it under control, blouses....

The 80's seem to be back in with hipsters and Doc Martens were big in the 80's so my guess is yes.

Not sure whether they're cool or not, and don't really care. What they are is comfortable and indestructible.
I haven't bought a pair since high school. They were made in England back in the late 90s, but they are made in China now. Has there been a drop off in quality?

I still wear mine from time to time, but they are really really beat up at this point. Battery acid splashed on them in the mid 2000s and it ate through some of the leather...

The correct answer here is no...

In fact, if you see some hot grunge chick wearing Doc Martins, know she may be a little disturbed, easy, & sure to give you a good time... So protect yourself and enjoy :thumbup:

I haven't bought a pair since high school. They were made in England back in the late 90s, but they are made in China now. Has there been a drop off in quality?I still wear mine from time to time, but they are really really beat up at this point. Battery acid splashed on them in the mid 2000s and it ate through some of the leather...
I've owned three pairs. One from 86. One from around the mid-90s I think. And then a pair that I bought about 2000 or so that I still wear regularly. I think the last pair was still made in the UK but I'm not 100% certain.

I haven't bought a pair since high school. They were made in England back in the late 90s, but they are made in China now. Has there been a drop off in quality?
My kid bought a pair of the cheapo ones (less than $100) from some store at the mall a couple of years ago. They pretty much fell apart after 2 months.

It was pretty sad. It was like buying a Corvette to discover it was really a Corvair in disguise.

Didn't Otis extoll the virtues of Uggs moccasins a few years back? I'll take looking like I'm late for the Mother Love Bone show over looking like I forgot to change my shoes from my Village People tribute band concert.

I still wear mine from time to time, but they are really really beat up at this point. Battery acid splashed on them in the mid 2000s and it ate through some of the leather...
The ones made in China are terrible ... or at least they were a few years ago when I bought my last pair. Never again. I have these instead. http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=75470&idcategory=475

Still sporting a pair...but now use mainly for snow and the shooting range. can't remembered when I bought them. Gotta be over 10+ years...still look decent imo

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Didn't Otis extoll the virtues of Uggs moccasins a few years back? I'll take looking like I'm late for the Mother Love Bone show over looking like I forgot to change my shoes from my Village People tribute band concert.
Most comfortable things on the planet, and I didn't look like I had just stepped out of a time machine. A mental institution or college dorm maybe.

headcrack said:
The Z Machine said:
bigbottom said:
I haven't bought a pair since high school. They were made in England back in the late 90s, but they are made in China now. Has there been a drop off in quality?I still wear mine from time to time, but they are really really beat up at this point. Battery acid splashed on them in the mid 2000s and it ate through some of the leather...
The ones made in China are terrible ... or at least they were a few years ago when I bought my last pair. Never again. I have these instead. http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=75470&idcategory=475
Oof.

By the way shoe nerds, wear what the hell you want. I two weeks ago set aside fashion for comfort for maybe the first time ever and bought a sad looking pair of black dress shoes from The Walking Company. Terrible. But comfortable. So so glad I'm married already, or I'd be as lonely man these days...

Users who are viewing this thread