Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Henry Ford

The Lawyer Thread Where We Stop Ruining Other Threads

PALO ALTO >>> NEW HAVEN

Edited by bigbottom
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

PALO ALTO >>> NEW HAVEN

I have a pretty low opinion of New Haven, and would have agreed wholeheartedly with that six months ago, but a lot of folks I know that live in the SF area are looking to permanently move out of there as getting tired of the fires.

19 hours ago, johnnycakes said:

NEW HAVEN PIZZA >>> PALO ALTO PIZZA

I mean, having now spent time in all these places...UChicago or Northwestern are clearly the best choices if pizza is the only consideration ;)

Second mediation in a case today.   It's being conducted over a combination of zoom, phone and text.   Nobody is in the same place.   It takes about 15 minutes every time there is an offer just to gather all of the necessary people to discuss a response.   It's very inefficient, but I think the defense counsel with the checkbook is getting so frustrated that she's throwing out offers that are larger than she otherwise would just to get this thing over with.

Ugh.  She doesn't understand brackets, but we got an extra move.   

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 1

Still going.   So dumb.  

3 hours ago, -fish- said:

Second mediation in a case today.   It's being conducted over a combination of zoom, phone and text.   Nobody is in the same place.   It takes about 15 minutes every time there is an offer just to gather all of the necessary people to discuss a response.   It's very inefficient, but I think the defense counsel with the checkbook is getting so frustrated that she's throwing out offers that are larger than she otherwise would just to get this thing over with.

Ugh.  She doesn't understand brackets, but we got an extra move.   

I’d be interested in seeing some data on remote mediations. I can’t imagine them being as successful as in person mediations, simply because you’re missing the exhaustion factor for the parties when you have to sit in a conference room all day and into the evening.