What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
And since I promised a few folks I would keep posts like these out of the ACC thread... I wonder who Coach K will kick off the team this time after losing to Notre Dame.
Hopefully your mom. I think that is the reason all the team was so deflated and flat. They were worn out spending the entire day with her before that late tip. I mean I get the need for running positional drills, but she went overboard.
I don't think that's true.

And since I promised a few folks I would keep posts like these out of the ACC thread... I wonder who Coach K will kick off the team this time after losing to Notre Dame.
Hopefully your mom. I think that is the reason all the team was so deflated and flat. They were worn out spending the entire day with her before that late tip. I mean I get the need for running positional drills, but she went overboard.
Seriously. If Bruce's mom were on Duke's men's basketball team, I think we would've heard about that.

In what world is this considered funny?
To be fair, I kicked that hornet's nest a while back. During our informal "Coach K GameDay Sign" competition a while back I entered "Coach K right-swiped Archer's mom on Tinder", so I don't have high ground here.That said, my mom is dead and was a real #####, so the thought of the Duke basketball roster gang-raping her corpse is one of the more positive thoughts I've had about Duke this season. Plus, with the Sulaimon stuff we know consensual relations with the living are out of play for this crew, so such an activity would be on-brand for them.

But enough chatter about teams that don't have games this weekend...

Good slate of games this weekend. Hope to monitor VCU/Davidson and Temple/SMU this afternoon. And we'll see if Iowa State can hang with KU on a "neutral" court tonight. (KU fans refer to the Sprint Center in KC as "Allen Fieldhouse East") Anyway, the game plan ISU ran in Ames to beat Kansas will work again tonight if executed properly.

To be fair, I kicked that hornet's nest a while back. During our informal "Coach K GameDay Sign" competition a while back I entered "Coach K right-swiped Archer's mom on Tinder", so I don't have high ground here.
:lmao: :lmao: see now that's really funny

Seriously. If Bruce's mom were on Duke's men's basketball team, I think we would've heard about that.
And we'd finally have someone with inside information about Duke and an actual, real connection to the team.

In what world is this considered funny?
To be fair, I kicked that hornet's nest a while back. During our informal "Coach K GameDay Sign" competition a while back I entered "Coach K right-swiped Archer's mom on Tinder", so I don't have high ground here.That said, my mom is dead and was a real #####, so the thought of the Duke basketball roster gang-raping her corpse is one of the more positive thoughts I've had about Duke this season. Plus, with the Sulaimon stuff we know consensual relations with the living are out of play for this crew, so such an activity would be on-brand for them.

But enough chatter about teams that don't have games this weekend...

Good slate of games this weekend. Hope to monitor VCU/Davidson and Temple/SMU this afternoon. And we'll see if Iowa State can hang with KU on a "neutral" court tonight. (KU fans refer to the Sprint Center in KC as "Allen Fieldhouse East") Anyway, the game plan ISU ran in Ames to beat Kansas will work again tonight if executed properly.
I wonder how much better SMU would have been this year had Mudiay been on the team? I don't care much for Larry Brown even though he is a Carolina alum, but he has done a good job with this squad. Living in the Metroplex all my life and going to the Methodist church, I've always like SMU in basketball and football, so it's been really cool watching them the past two years. I would love to see them make a deep run...

This Okafor guy is okay.
Okafor is consistently bad on defense, and gives away many of the points he creates on the other end. In that respect, he is the center version of Jabari Parker.

Towns is clearly a better all-around prospect, and may be the better overall prospect.
Your last sentence is a bit redundant. Interesting you bring up Parker b/c the discussion probably resembles last year. Towns has the higher ceiling but Okafor is more proven and it comes down to whether you think Towns can become a dominant offensive player or Okafor can become an average defender. I think D is a bit underrated so I'd actually lean towards Towns but I think your underselling Okafor a bit. Dude is shooting 67% from the field averaging 11.2 shots/game vs Towns at 56% of 6.2 shots. That efficiency at that usage has not been seen by a major conference big man in a while. Just looking at KenPom briefly, only big man to come close to his eFG% is Hibbert in his Jr. year (granted that data only goes back to 2004). That does selectively ignore his atrocious FT%.

From a defensive standpoint, I haven't seen a ton about him 1 on 1 but the eye test tells me he is adequate by himself. His lack of lateral quickness hurts him but he plays straight up and makes it difficult to finish. His help defense isn't great and his pick and roll defense is invisible. P&R he will get burned in the NBA with but from a rim protection standpoint, I don't think anything can be worse than Duke's guards so he won't have guys running at him constantly. Not to mention, rotations are better. He'll never be a game changer on defense but I think he can be average.

I think the characterization that he gives points away on the defensive end is unfair especially considering most of it is usually in a help setting. How many big guys have gone off against him? Usually Duke is burned by guards. UNC's bigs had a great first game against him, Auguste had a solid first game against him and Colson last night. But apart from that, Harrell wasn't a huge factor. He bottled up Christmas twice. Just having trouble thinking of times when guys took it to him straight up.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we'd finally have someone with inside information about Duke and an actual, real connection to the team.
Says the guy who backed out of a bet I won because I knew Andre Dawkins was coming in early MONTHS before anyone knew a thing about it, including the Duke fans here. It's funny how often you repeat this same stupid line, as if I care a bit what you think I do or don't know when it comes to Duke's basketball program. I know this winning 10 of the last 13 vs the Cheats is pretty sweet.

Says the guy who backed out of a bet I won because I knew Andre Dawkins was coming in early MONTHS before anyone knew a thing about it, including the Duke fans here. It's funny how often you repeat this same stupid line, as if I care a bit what you think I do or don't know when it comes to Duke's basketball program. I know this winning 10 of the last 13 vs the Cheats is pretty sweet.
I have never made a bet with you. You got the wrong guy.

I wonder how much better SMU would have been this year had Mudiay been on the team? I don't care much for Larry Brown even though he is a Carolina alum, but he has done a good job with this squad. Living in the Metroplex all my life and going to the Methodist church, I've always like SMU in basketball and football, so it's been really cool watching them the past two years. I would love to see them make a deep run...
Mudiay would have been SMU's best player.

SMU had several close losses this year that might have turned with Mudiay at guard. The BracketMatrix participants have SMU anywhere from a 4-7 seed, seed average of 5.57 is 22nd-highest which would translate to a 6-seed. Maybe with Mudiay they get a split with Cincinnati, maybe either the road loss at Indiana or the home loss against Arkansas is different. They would pass more eye tests with Mudiay as the go-to guy, so a 4-seed would have been in play, similar consideration Northern Iowa is getting but with a better coach and a marquee player.

All you Cheat fans are the same to me anyway. Doesn't change a thing.

SMU had several close losses this year that might have turned with Mudiay at guard. The BracketMatrix participants have SMU anywhere from a 4-7 seed, seed average of 5.57 is 22nd-highest which would translate to a 6-seed. Maybe with Mudiay they get a split with Cincinnati, maybe either the road loss at Indiana or the home loss against Arkansas is different. They would pass more eye tests with Mudiay as the go-to guy, so a 4-seed would have been in play, similar consideration Northern Iowa is getting but with a better coach and a marquee player.
Good points all around. I really hope they can make it to the second weekend. They are a scrappy bunch and are one of the teams I have as a bracket buster, depending on the matchups, of course.

All you Cheat fans are the same to me anyway. Doesn't change a thing.
For the 100th time, I am not a North Carolina fan in any way, shape, or form. I also do not hate Duke and bet on them to win the title this year.

Good points all around. I really hope they can make it to the second weekend. They are a scrappy bunch and are one of the teams I have as a bracket buster, depending on the matchups, of course.
I made a pretty big bet, for me, on SMU at 33/1 to win the title when I thought Mudiay was going there. I'm pretty happy how well they've played without him and their other lost players during the season.

Mudiay would have been SMU's best player.SMU had several close losses this year that might have turned with Mudiay at guard. The BracketMatrix participants have SMU anywhere from a 4-7 seed, seed average of 5.57 is 22nd-highest which would translate to a 6-seed. Maybe with Mudiay they get a split with Cincinnati, maybe either the road loss at Indiana or the home loss against Arkansas is different. They would pass more eye tests with Mudiay as the go-to guy, so a 4-seed would have been in play, similar consideration Northern Iowa is getting but with a better coach and a marquee player.
SMU is ripe to knock off a more talented team with a lesser coach getting one day of dedicated preparation. If they have Baylor or Notre Dame bracketed as potential second-round opponents, I'm putting SMU in the 16.

Oh jeez. That Albany game had a miraculous finish.

eta* Albany to the tourney when Stony Brook seemed to dominate the game.

To be fair, I kicked that hornet's nest a while back. During our informal "Coach K GameDay Sign" competition a while back I entered "Coach K right-swiped Archer's mom on Tinder", so I don't have high ground here.
Now imagine Coach K staring at his iPhone 6, swiping and singing to himself, "It's goin' dowwwwn, I'm callin' Tinderrrrrrr, you better move, you better dance... Let's make a night, you won't rememberrrrrr..."

Now imagine Coach K staring at his iPhone 6, swiping and singing to himself, "It's goin' dowwwwn, I'm callin' Tinderrrrrrr, you better move, you better dance... Let's make a night, you won't rememberrrrrr..."
(putting a clothespin on the speaker's nose)

"You know, Doris, my kids played hard. Gary's kids played hard. That Juan Dixon, boy he played hard."

(caressing whiskers)

"Shane is a warrior, Doris. He plays hard"

Wisconsin is wearing the Adidas "Made In March" uniforms today. Folks watching the Purdue/Wisconsin game: Wisconsin's uniforms look lie they are all wearing their shorts way too low and have exposed red boxers, right?

I really want to make a joke about frosty really being a UNCheat fan, but i genuinely fear that archer is mentally unstable and I don't want to risk anything bad happening.

Wisconsin is wearing the Adidas "Made In March" uniforms today. Folks watching the Purdue/Wisconsin game: Wisconsin's uniforms look lie they are all wearing their shorts way too low and have exposed red boxers, right?
Their terrible.

Supposedly the reds don't look as bad...but oof.

Oh jeez. That Albany game had a miraculous finish.

eta* Albany to the tourney when Stony Brook seemed to dominate the game.
watched the entire game until about a minute to go with SB up 5. Couldn't believe the ending when they showed it on ESPN
I was 2nd row back behind the UA bench... AMAZING finish, place went absolutely bat s**t. Guy's mom died of cancer a month or so ago, dream finish.

Dan Gavitt from the TSC is on CBS right now....

Kentucky is going to be the #1 overall seed no matter what else happens.

TSC feels really good about their top 8 overall teams, and how those 8 split into 4 and 4. Didn't divulge who those eight were and how they broke into groups of 4. (other than Kentucky will be a 1-seed)

TSC currently has 14 teams on their "Under Consideration" board with 5 at-large spots still available. Didn't say who those teams were, and said there was still time for a team or two to get added to the "Under Consideration" board.

Still a lot of work to do setting the seeds from 3 on down.

ETA: a little tea-leaf reading here... Sounds like Duke fans can stop wringing their hands over losing a 1-seed and Kansas doesn't need to win tonight to stay a 2-seed.

Dan Gavitt from the TSC is on CBS right now....

Kentucky is going to be the #1 overall seed no matter what else happens.

TSC feels really good about their top 8 overall teams, and how those 8 split into 4 and 4. Didn't divulge who those eight were and how they broke into groups of 4. (other than Kentucky will be a 1-seed)

TSC currently has 14 teams on their "Under Consideration" board with 5 at-large spots still available. Didn't say who those teams were, and said there was still time for a team or two to get added to the "Under Consideration" board.

Still a lot of work to do setting the seeds from 3 on down.

ETA: a little tea-leaf reading here... Sounds like Duke fans can stop wringing their hands over losing a 1-seed and Kansas doesn't need to win tonight to stay a 2-seed.
That would indicate UVA might already be a one seed too because I would think Wisconsin, Arizona and Villanova all need to win to pass them.

The only thing that would be really bullcrap would be putting Wisconsin with Kentucky. Moving Wisconsin to the one-line would fix the problem about distance.

It would be great if everyone in this thread changed their avatar to UNC... I think that would send someone who is already unstable over the ledge.

Lunardi has had LSU on four different seed lines over the last 3 days. Does he get Chris Berman info. fed to him so he can try to look like he knows something?

Hmmm.... Back of the envelope top-4 seeds by region.

Cleveland: Kentucky, Gonzaga, Iowa State, North Carolina

Syracuse: Villanova, Virginia, Oklahoma, Louisville

Houston: Duke, Kansas, Maryland, Northern Iowa

Los Angeles: Wisconsin, Arizona, Notre Dame, Baylor

Duke bracket the weakest here. Northern Iowa not in the same stratosphere as the other 4s and Kansas the weakest of the 2s by far.

Duke bracket the weakest here.
But Maryland would get up for Duke big time. But most Duke fans would not mind this bracket at all. But its not going to end up this way. Duke is never that lucky.

Duke bracket the weakest here.
But Maryland would get up for Duke big time. But most Duke fans would not mind this bracket at all. But its not going to end up this way. Duke is never that lucky.
:lmao:

Duke bracket the weakest here. Northern Iowa not in the same stratosphere as the other 4s and Kansas the weakest of the 2s by far.
Arkansas should be the 5 seed wherever No Iowa is the 4 seed.

Lunardi now says that have Wisky as a #1, bumping UVA.
GREAT avatar Good Posting Fudge! Fun fact, in the last 30 years, Duke has had a total of 3 seasons that ended with double digit losses. UNCheat will have 3 straight years of double digit losses and 4 of the last 6 years!! So yeah, be proud of UNCheat program and please keep the avatar after the NCAA brings the death penalty for decades of cheating. :)

Arkansas should be the 5 seed wherever No Iowa is the 4 seed.
Really hoping Northern Iowa doesn't get a 4.

Lunardi now says that have Wisky as a #1, bumping UVA.
GREAT avatar Good Posting Fudge! Fun fact, in the last 30 years, Duke has had a total of 3 seasons that ended with double digit losses. UNCheat will have 3 straight years of double digit losses and 4 of the last 6 years!! So yeah, be proud of UNCheat program and please keep the avatar after the NCAA brings the death penalty for decades of cheating. :)
I'm a Tar Heel born. And we shall overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread