What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (2 Viewers)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
UVA or Arizona get the last #1 seed if Wisconsin loses?
I don't see Duke getting a #1 if Wisconsin wins. UVA might, or Arizona might get the 4th. It's very rare for a team to get a #1 without winning either conference title. Head-to-head, even on the road, isn't everything. In Virginia's case, it looks like Anderson may be healthy enough to be a factor in the tourney, which would excuse some of their losses.

Personally, if Wisconsin wins, I'd rank the top six in this order: Kentucky, Villanova, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Arizona and Duke in a virtual tie. A Badger loss would drop them to the 6th slot or 7th slot, in my mind.
Head to head on the road isn't everything but Duke's overall resume is still better. Unbalanced ACC schedule and Duke's non-conference performance should be taken into account. Pretty sure Duke is a 1 unless Arizona somehow jumps them. That is especially true with Andersons injury.
Duke may have good wins, but their losses are clearly the worst of that group, and it's not close. If that counts, and I have to assume it does, then I don't see how Duke gets a #1.

UVA or Arizona get the last #1 seed if Wisconsin loses?
I don't see Duke getting a #1 if Wisconsin wins. UVA might, or Arizona might get the 4th. It's very rare for a team to get a #1 without winning either conference title. Head-to-head, even on the road, isn't everything. In Virginia's case, it looks like Anderson may be healthy enough to be a factor in the tourney, which would excuse some of their losses.

Personally, if Wisconsin wins, I'd rank the top six in this order: Kentucky, Villanova, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Arizona and Duke in a virtual tie. A Badger loss would drop them to the 6th slot or 7th slot, in my mind.
Head to head on the road isn't everything but Duke's overall resume is still better. Unbalanced ACC schedule and Duke's non-conference performance should be taken into account. Pretty sure Duke is a 1 unless Arizona somehow jumps them. That is especially true with Andersons injury.
Duke may have good wins, but their losses are clearly the worst of that group, and it's not close. If that counts, and I have to assume it does, then I don't see how Duke gets a #1.
according to kenpom, all of Arizonas losses are worse than Duke's and Nova lost to Seton Hall. Dukes lost to a 3 seed twice an 8/9 seed and Miami None of those losses are that bad.

according to kenpom, all of Arizonas losses are worse than Duke's and Nova lost to Seton Hall. Dukes lost to a 3 seed twice an 8/9 seed and Miami None of those losses are that bad.
There's more to a loss than just who the opponent was.

Duke got blown out, at home, to a bubble team. That's significantly worse than losing, on the road, in overtime, to a team that is just a bit below the bubble. In Arizona's case, all three losses were on the road and close.

One last guess at the top 4 seeds by region

Cleveland: Kentucky, Kansas, Notre Dame, Northern Iowa

Syracuse: Villanova, Virginia, Maryland, Baylor

Houston: Duke, Gonzaga, Iowa State, Louisville

Los Angeles: Wisconsin, Arizona, Oklahoma, North Carolina

After re-reading bracket principles, it's OK to put Duke and Louisville as the 1 and 4 in same region because of the ACC's depth.

Baylor had to be the 4 in Syracuse because of bracketing rules.

Gonzaga is closer to Houston than Cleveland, so they bump Kansas to Cleveland.

After reviewing resumes I'd personally put Arkansas as a 4-seed ahead of UNI, but the BracketMatrix consensus is UNI is a 4.

One last guess at the top 4 seeds by region

Cleveland: Kentucky, Kansas, Notre Dame, Northern Iowa

Syracuse: Villanova, Virginia, Maryland, Baylor

Houston: Duke, Gonzaga, Iowa State, Louisville

Los Angeles: Wisconsin, Arizona, Oklahoma, North Carolina

After re-reading bracket principles, it's OK to put Duke and Louisville as the 1 and 4 in same region because of the ACC's depth.

Baylor had to be the 4 in Syracuse because of bracketing rules.

Gonzaga is closer to Houston than Cleveland, so they bump Kansas to Cleveland.

After reviewing resumes I'd personally put Arkansas as a 4-seed ahead of UNI, but the BracketMatrix consensus is UNI is a 4.
Dram scenario for Kentucky to draw Northern Iowa...still hoping they don't get a 4 so we can see Kentucky play a challenger that round.

Duke got blown out, at home, to a bubble team. That's significantly worse than losing, on the road, in overtime, to a team that is just a bit below the bubble. In Arizona's case, all three losses were on the road and close.
Arizona v Duke

It's not that close. Duke had more good wins, losses were to better teams, played a tougher schedule.

Arizona v Duke

It's not that close. Duke had more good wins, losses were to better teams, played a tougher schedule.
But Arizona is in the west. You can't have a #1 seed in the west from a team in the East according to Bill Walton.

Arizona v Duke

I noted above that I have Duke and 'Zona in a virtual tie for the 5th spot. I just don't see how Duke gets slotted above Virginia or Wisconsin. More losses, the worst loss of the three, no regular season title, no tourney title, and both Virginia and Wisconsin had at least one loss occur short-handed.

Yep, definitely buying tickets for the cleveland games. Matchup won't matter. Gonna be great no matter who makes it.

Nice. UNI big break getting same bracket as Nova. And real nice draw if facing Louisville Round 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayton in the play-in game on their home floor.
Seems unfair to Boise. Should have just moved Dayton to a 12 seed. Dumb. They spend all this time considering geographic issues and possibly moving teams around due to them and then they give a bubble team a home game.

Users who are viewing this thread