What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
Wichita, Kan. (KWCH) CBS Sports is among national outlets reporting that Wichita State University and Shocker head men’s basketball coach Gregg Marshall will be parting ways, likely this week.

Last month, Wichita State confirmed an independent investigation being conducted about allegations of abuse from Marshall within its Men’s Basketball program. The news about Marshall expected to leave Wichita State follows the reported conclusion to that investigation.

https://www.kwch.com/2020/11/11/reports-wichita-state-gregg-marshall-expected-to-part-ways-by-end-of-week/

I was really hoping they would at least announce the field to make the season worth something. 

I've been waiting almost 20 years to hear Rutgers name called, since my freshman year, and know plenty of others who have been patiently waiting since 1991. 

I know it's nothing in the grand scheme of things but it sucks when looking at it through that kind of perspective. 
We're back baby. 

Anyone else get hungry every time the Cincinnati logo shows up on the ticker cause it looks just like Chik-Fil-A?

I know. I have issues.

Northwestern setting college basketball back to the peach basket era.  2 points through 11 minutes of playing time.
97 total points.  Went UNDER the Vegas total by ***44*** points.  Both teams shot in the 30s percent overall, 20% from 3....

*****41.7%***** from the FREE THROW LINE.

Might as well have played with a medicine ball.  What a poop show.

Man - Baylor and OK State both looked crazy athletic.

I'd prefer not to see OK state in Michigan's region.
Oklahoma State has 10 Quad 1 wins, trailing only Illinois who has 11.  Gonzaga, Michigan, Baylor, Iowa & Ohio State all have 8

Baylor still hasn't played a game since their COVID stoppage that has been anywhere near their pre COVID stoppage run.

Baylor Pre Covid - 17-0  (16-1 ATS)

----------------------------

5 games postponed

----------------------------

Beat Iowa State by 5 as a 30 point favorite

Game vs. West Virginia postponed

Lost to Kansas by 13

Next four went 4-0 but 2-2 ATS

Lost to Oklahoma State by 9 as a 7.5 point favorite

---------------------------

4-2 SU and 2-4 ATS

The crazy thing is that when they went 17-0 before the COVID stopage they were 16-1 ATS and 2-4 ATS since that stoppage

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that thought Baylor should have been a 9 point favorite tonight over Okie State just hasn't been watching NCAA Hoops this year. That was the biggest "off line" I've seen in the past 5+ years.

Could be a first ever this year - one conference getting two #1 seeds and two #2 seeds. Seems likely regardless of the outcome in tomorrow's Big Ten championship game.

Georgia Tech with its first ACC championship in 28 years.  I was a Freshman on campus last time we won.  I don’t care that we got an assist from COVID putting UVA out of the tournament - totally unexpected this season.  Go Jackets!

Bill Walton is off the hook tonight. Completely crazy. 
Tonight???  He's been off the rails awhile now.  Surprised they're still rolling with it.  I can't handle, constantly muting.

I think I remember him starting in during blowouts or later in games, filling up space, like tying into some local story about the school or city or whatever.  But it just got progressively worse and now it's the entire broadcast, way over the top.

It was funny the first couple of times he went too far.  Now he thinks he's the show.

The Livers injury kills Michigan's chances of winning it all. Baylor hasn't been the same since their Covid stoppage. Right now I just see 2 teams that are clearly above the rest of the field. Gonzaga & Illinois.

Ohio State lost 4 in a row albeit to top teams before edging out Minnesota, beating Purdue and a Michigan team minus their best player Livers on a questionable call 68-67.  

Houston lost to a terrible E.Carolina team by 9 and a bad Tulsa team.

I have to give Alabama some serious consideration. They started off with bad losses to Stanford, Clemson & W.Kentucky but have rebounded and gone 19-3 since with losses only to ranked Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma all on the road.

Every NCAAT has a ton of interesting stories, but this year is gonna have some doozies.

Rick Pitino is in.

Kentucky & Duke aren't.

UNC & Kansas will have (relatively) low seeds.

Patrick Ewing coaches Georgetown to the Big Easy title 49 years to the day after his mentor John Thompson was hired there.

The B1G is going to have 4 of the top 8 seeds.

Alabama - Alabama! - may be the most fun major program to watch in the country.

Gonzaga's undefeated.

Locally, the DMV will be well-represented with more than a half a dozen teams in.

Given everything going on with COVID and what a weird year it’s been and with what an incredible story the Zags have been for like 20 years I’ll be rooting really hard for them to go undefeated and win it all once GT is out.

One year ago today I was about as bummed as I could be with everything shut down, the cancellation of conference tourneys, and no Selection Sunday.  I am THRILLED to be experiencing SS today.  NCAA gets slammed all of the time, with good reason.  Kudos to them and the conferences getting us to this point.  We WILL have a national champ this year, come hell or high water.  And I'm here for all of it.

Virginia's Tony Bennett: "The majority of our team is contact traced and in quarantine. We're going to keep to keep testing daily. Our medical people are working with the NCAA to follow every protocol, and that's why our name was called." Says they will travel to Indy on Friday.

If Virginia can't play Louisville takes their place as the #4 seed

Virginia's Tony Bennett: "The majority of our team is contact traced and in quarantine. We're going to keep to keep testing daily. Our medical people are working with the NCAA to follow every protocol, and that's why our name was called." Says they will travel to Indy on Friday.

Most of Virginia's team will be quarantined until Thursday.

Most of Virginia's team will be quarantined until Thursday.
Does this mean quarantined TOGETHER, or separate?  With practice, or without.  I already took Ohio +10.5, but thinking it might be a moneyline bet if UVA is completely discombobulated.

ESPN just said they'd travel to Indy on Friday for a Saturday game.  A first round game on Saturday? So we'll have at least one game on Monday?

Does this mean quarantined TOGETHER, or separate?  With practice, or without.  I already took Ohio +10.5, but thinking it might be a moneyline bet if UVA is completely discombobulated.
Seth Davis @SethDavisHoops

Players who are in quarantine (per local rules, not NCAA) are not able to practice. Virginia has much to overcome in this tourney.

ESPN just said they'd travel to Indy on Friday for a Saturday game.  A first round game on Saturday? So we'll have at least one game on Monday?
A bunch of games on sat.   First round doesn't start on Thursday like it normally does

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread