What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (2 Viewers)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
wow, he was going off on selection sunday

alan boston ‏@bostonred88 Mar 16

Good start. Colorado is 2.5 power rating points away from being in the tourney, nevemind an 8 seed. Sad.

I dont have U mass in the tourney, they get a 6 seed. So Duke gets to play either Iowa or Tenn playing their 3rd game in 5 days Joke bracket

Dayton in in the tournament??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? R they ####### kdding. I am done!

Notice one seed Louisville gets to knock out both St Louis and Wich st. That is the only reason they are a 4. The ONE AND ONLY reason.

It happens every year. It is not a coincidence. The teams playing below the seed they should have, ALWAYS play a non power conference team.

and of course Wich faces 8th seeded EIGHTH SEEDED KY. Then they have St Louis or Louisville. What a shame. What a sin. ####### rigged. 100%

Vicktimized said:
Scoresman said:
These are the upsets I "force-fed" into my warren buffet bracket.

Dayton over Ohio St.

NC State over St. Louis

New Mexico over Kansas

Providence over UNC

Kentucky over Wichita St.

Tennessee over UMass

Tennessee over Duke (pending tonight's game)

Tennessee over Michigan (pending tonight's game)
I've got:

SF Austin over VCU

Dayton over tOSU

NM State over SD State

NC State over St. Louis

Harvard over Cincinnati

Tenn over U Mass (pending)

Zona State over Texas

Baylor over Creighton

Tenn over Duke

Tenn over Mich

I use KenPom but not just by straight differential ... I tend to fade teams that really struggle either offensively or defensively, since I think they historically are DOA come tourney time (especially teams that can defend but can't score at all). There are a bunch of one-way teams this year so I'm thinking we'll see a lot of upper-seeds teams hit the skids early.
:thumbup:

So for this first session...

Ohio State over Dayton - Dayton got overseeded because the TSC didn't want them to have home court for play-in games at Dayton.

American over Wisconsin - Bo Ryan teams flame out in the tournament, and Wisconsin fans in general tend to suck cheese curds

Pitt over Colorado - Colorado is overseeded from all those wins before Dinwiddie got hurt

Cincinnati over Harvard - too many folks picking the upset here for it to actually happen, Harvard doesn't get to play against a Steve Alford-coached team this time around

Well I just changed to Harvard over Cincy after resisting for so long, because I really wanted a 12/5 and it made the most sense.

Then I read in here about VCU and it got me thinking, because I thought they were kind of overrated, so I switched to SFA as the 12/5 and back to Cincy.

I also feel like hearing about other people's brackets is the most exciting thing in the world.

Here's a second round potential upset alert. 8 seed Memphis over 1 seed Virginia.

Taking 8/9 seeds over the 1 seed in round 2 is a very risky proposition. Historically, 1 seeds are 101-15 against 8/9 seeds in round 2. However, Virginia has the qualities of being a 1 seed upset victim and Memphis has the qualities of 8/9 seed upsetter.

Would love the homer opinion of this potential matchup.
Joe Jackson can sprint coast to coast with the ball in transition, Crawford is a streaky 3pt shooter who is the Tigers' only consistent outside threat.
Extra credit for describing a player as streaky and consistent in the same sentence..
Nice catch. I should have said that he's the only player the Tigers have who they expect to make 3s. Better?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, he was going off on selection sunday

Good start. Colorado is 2.5 power rating points away from being in the tourney, nevemind an 8 seed. Sad.

I dont have U mass in the tourney, they get a 6 seed. So Duke gets to play either Iowa or Tenn playing their 3rd game in 5 days Joke bracket

Dayton in in the tournament??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? R they ####### kdding. I am done!

Notice one seed Louisville gets to knock out both St Louis and Wich st. That is the only reason they are a 4. The ONE AND ONLY reason.

It happens every year. It is not a coincidence. The teams playing below the seed they should have, ALWAYS play a non power conference team.

and of course Wich faces 8th seeded EIGHTH SEEDED KY. Then they have St Louis or Louisville. What a shame. What a sin. ####### rigged. 100%
Who is this lunatic.

Well I just changed to Harvard over Cincy after resisting for so long, because I really wanted a 12/5 and it made the most sense.

Then I read in here about VCU and it got me thinking, because I thought they were kind of overrated, so I switched to SFA as the 12/5 and back to Cincy.

I also feel like hearing about other people's brackets is the most exciting thing in the world.
Hate this stuff.

I had SFA, then scrambled back to put VCU back in, then I wanted to scramble back and put SFA back in, Providence and Stanford. Alas, too late, by less than a minute.

Just like FF, last minute lineup decisions are almost always terrible, as is all impetuous, impulsive thinking.

Having said that I think SFA wins.

crazy professional college hoops bettor. invited anyone on twitter to his house in vegas to watch games this weekend. he tweets plays close to tip time because he fears touts stealing them

Thought this was a good question from the Simmons mailbag this week:

Q: How far would the 2014 Sixers go in the NCAA tournament?

At Least 50 Readers This Week

Before you say OMG ANY PRO TEAM BEATS A COLLEGE TEAM.....seriously, look at that Sixers roster.

From Peter Tiernan's blog:

4 facts about this year's field.

1. The average coach has been to the Elite Eight 1.52 times. That’s the highest in the 29 years of the 64-team era.
  2. The average team has come into the tourney with a 2.44-game winning streak. That’s the highest since 2002. This number is greatly influenced by the long streaks of Wichita State (34), Stephen F. Austin (28), Florida (26) and North Carolina Central (20).
  3. This is the highest scoring tourney field (74.4ppg) since 2003. So the NCAA got their wish when they changed the rules to favor offenses.
  4. This field has a margin percentage (average margin/points allowed) of 12.6%. That’s the lowest since 2004, which means the field plays tighter games.

God I love this so much. Brisket on the smoker, fridge full of beer, brackets all around me, friends on their way with greasy food. GOD BLESS ALL OF THIS

Before you say OMG ANY PRO TEAM BEATS A COLLEGE TEAM.....seriously, look at that Sixers roster.
I don't have to. They win every game by 25 points or more.

I liked the suggestion that any NBA team with fewer than 20 wins has to beat the NCAA champion to retain top-three pick rights.

Oregon-BYU - first to score 110 wins.

I think either team could upset Wisconsin.

The leading rebounder in the Wisconsin/American game is American's 5'9" PG. I guess that's what's possible when both teams throw 20 passes on offense and shoot a lot of threes.

Lorenzo Brown was second-team All-ACC and led the conference in assists and he gets less than 10 minutes a game for that team.

Jarvis Vornado was SEC defensive player of the year 3 years in a row and is the conference's all time leading shot blocker. He's on a 10 day with the Sixers and getting ten minutes a game.

So ... OMG ANY PRO TEAM BEATS A COLLEGE TEAM. By like 50 points.

Not sure the Sixers would make the tourney.

High Basketball IQ play by Craft there. He knew if he bricked that three, two players would jump for the rebound at just the right time to tip it in.

Users who are viewing this thread