What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 MLB Regular Season-All over but the shouting (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
March 22-23, 2014

Opening Series in Sydney, Australia: Dodgers vs. D-backs

March 30, 2014

Opening Night, Dodgers vs. Padres

March 31, 2014

Opening Day

April 2014

Autism Awareness

April 14-15, 2014

Diversity Business Summit, New York City

April 15, 2014

Jackie Robinson Day

May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

May 26, 2014

Memorial Day, Welcome Back Veterans

May 30, 2014

Civil Rights Game, Orioles vs. Astros in Houston

June 2014

Play Sun Smart

June 5-7, 2014

First-Year Player Draft

June 6, 2014

Little League Baseball 75th Anniversary

June 15, 2014

Father's Day

July 4, 2014

ALS -- 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's speech (Yankees to hold ceremony on July 2)

July 15, 2014

All-Star Game, Target Field, Minneapolis, Minn.

July 26-27, 2014

Hall of Fame Weekend 75th anniversary

August 6-17, 2014

RBI World Series, Rangers Ballpark, Arlington, Texas

September 11, 2014

9/11 Remembrance

September 14, 2014

Star-Spangled Banner 200th Anniversary

September 17, 2014

Roberto Clemente Day

September 30, 2014

Postseason starts (tentative)

October 22, 2014

World Series starts (tentative)

Last edited by a moderator:
oso diablo said:
how moronic of MLB to open its season at 3:00 am (central time).
I'm thrilled, can pry the TV away from the kids while my wife is at a race. Dvr'd baseball or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Yyyyyes!

Now they are showing Kirk Gibson standing in the dugout showing "grit", and "hustle" and "playing the game the right way."

Last edited by a moderator:
Trumbo really struggling out in LF. That was as painful as watching Evan Gattis out there for a few games last year.

Jeff Francoeur released by the Indians. It looks like it's the end of the line for Frenchy. He is a great guy and teammate by all accounts and was capable of looking like a ballplayer in (mostly) brief spurts. He was somehow able to parlay these into almost 5000 MLB PAs and over $25M.

He leaves the game with Mel Hall and Derek Bell as his top two B-R similarity scores. Hopefully Francoeur will be able to stay out of prison.

Jeff Francoeur released by the Indians. It looks like it's the end of the line for Frenchy. He is a great guy and teammate by all accounts and was capable of looking like a ballplayer in (mostly) brief spurts. He was somehow able to parlay these into almost 5000 MLB PAs and over $25M.

He leaves the game with Mel Hall and Derek Bell as his top two B-R similarity scores. Hopefully Francoeur will be able to stay out of prison.
:lmao:

Vs a righty, Dee Gordon leading off and Ethier batting fifth. Daily league value plays to monitor.

So it's just a matter of time before Puig's jersey is unbuttoned completely, right?

I would have thought Mattingly respects the game enough to say something to him. Evidently not.

Detroit acquires Alex Gonzalez from Orioles.

So, there's your Tigers SS I guess.
Still think they're going to sign Drew once the compensation pick vanishes. Can't imagine they're serious about making Gonzalez their every day SS if they have post season aspirations.

Still think they're going to sign Drew once the compensation pick vanishes. Can't imagine they're serious about making Gonzalez their every day SS if they have post season aspirations.
They got Romine last week, so I'm not even sure why they traded for Gonzalez.

Drew is out, that's a waste of money with no place to put him next year.

Could be wrong, but would think he'd be willing to accept a one year deal to play for Detroit.

Could be wrong, but would think he'd be willing to accept a one year deal to play for Detroit.
After he doesn't cost Detroit a 1st rounder to sign him, maybe.

You'd have to ask him, I think he's seeking a multi-year deal and I'm guessing someone will give it to him. Just hope it's not Detroit. We have a metric ton of shortstop now.

Users who are viewing this thread