What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (2 Viewers)

FBG nailed this one. Started him in a superflex over Cam. Lol. The more I play this, the less I think of so called expert analysis. Lots of information doesn't necessarily mean good information.
They were supposed to know Andy Dalton would play the worst game in the history of football? If Dalton was even remotely competitive, Hill would have had a nice night I think. But Dalton was just almost too bad to believe. Frankly, Marvin Lewis should have been fired on the spot for sticking with Dalton for the entire game. Yes I realize he was benched last 4 min

People need to get a grip and stop overreacting g so much. It was a bad fantasy game. It seems Cinci panicked and got away from the run. 12 carries on the night, 9 were in the first half. Dalton played the worst game of his career. It was one of the worst QB performances I've seen all year. Bortles and Bridgewater are the only guys who can probably claim a worse performance and they're rookies.

All this talk of Gio's job being safe is ridiculous. It was safe last week even after Hill put up a monster game. I'm not sure what people were actually expecting Hill to take over but that was never going to happen.

Hill again showed he's a good runner last night IMO. I don't think anything has really changed. His fumble was mistake but it was one fumble for a guy who is known to have great ball security. It happens.

Much like last week I still think Gio comes back as the starter and lead role. Hills role will increase, though.
This was my takeaway too. Bengals abandoned the run when they should have abandoned the pass.

With the way Dalton played, the coaches would be wise to shift more to the run. I think Gio/Hill compliment each other very well as long as the coaches don't get too predictable with their usage. I think Hill could have been used a lot more on screens/dump offs last night.
If they get Hill 35 touches instead of throwing 40 passes they might have won despite Dalton. Dalton was terrible but the coaches were worse.

FBG nailed this one. Started him in a superflex over Cam. Lol. The more I play this, the less I think of so called expert analysis. Lots of information doesn't necessarily mean good information.
LOL, really? the old blame FBG card? Sheesh.

Whats the matter merlin your crystal ball broken?
Nah, but they do all these fancy numbers and all that crap, and it's basically just a bunch of smoke and mirrors. It's a bunch of information that isn't any more predictive than what any avid player could do in about 20 minutes of research.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah, but they do all these fancy numbers and all that crap, and it's basically just a bunch of smoke and mirrors. It's a bunch of information that isn't any more predictive than what any avid player could do in about 20 minutes of research.
knock yourself out

Did Hill look bad or something? haha. He looked pretty dam good in the limited carries.

Dalton just sapped any and all fantasy value for every Bengal last night.

You're just figuring this out now? You've been around a long time.

No such thing as a "fantasy expert".

The play calling was horrendous for the Bengals. Why force the pass when you could have run the ball down their throats? Actually, that is exactly what the Browns did to them.

I felt like I was watching the Last Boy Scout and Dalton had received a phone call demanding that he throw the game, or "he's history." I smell a "30 for 30" coming out of this.

Here's some info for you: if you can start a QB at flex . . . you must start a QB at flex.

The play calling was horrendous for the Bengals. Why force the pass when you could have run the ball down their throats? Actually, that is exactly what the Browns did to them.
Exactly. The game plan and play calling was absolutely baffling.

It's just smoke and mirrors? Dang, here I thought they were accurately nailing the player projections on a weekly basis. May have to rethink my strategy of blindly following projections and being salty when they, shockingly, aren't accurate.

But is that going to change going forward? Probably not. Also, it wasn't just Dalton that was horrible, considering they were playing a team missing their pro bowl center, top two wideouts and top TE the Bengals defense was also awful and that isn't likely to change going forward either.

Isn't this just a little bit of an over-reaction to one game?

The Bengals haven't been nearly this bad in another game, and are likey not going to be this bad again.
seriously?

You must have missed them getting shut out in Indy, or the playoff game vs SD last year

Dalton has shown the ability to throw up clunkers left & right. Then drive you mad with a great performance and hang 30 on the Ravens.
Ok, sure they've stunk before but they've had far more good performances than bad over the last three years. I don't think they're all of a sudden the worst team in the league.

I thought he would have done better vs one of the worst rush defenses in the league. He had a few good runs but Rainey was tearing this defense a new one with every other run last week. And his qb is riding pine this week so it's not like he was facing 5 un the box.

I felt like I was watching the Last Boy Scout and Dalton had received a phone call demanding that he throw the game, or "he's history." I smell a "30 for 30" coming out of this.
There was one pass in the first half that he threw right at the defensive lineman's legs/feet for absolutely no reason where me and my brother in law just looked at each other and laughed. We both said "what the hell was that?" at the same time.

I thought he would have done better vs one of the worst rush defenses in the league. He had a few good runs but Rainey was tearing this defense a new one with every other run last week. And his qb is riding pine this week so it's not like he was facing 5 un the box.
Everyone thought he would have done better, but what does Rainey have to do with it? His QB actually passed for 260 yards and 2 TDs and kept them in the game the entire time.

Last night was a bad coach (Hugh Jackson) calling a bad game. He showed why he was not a head coach last night and showed why he only landed an OC gig because Gruden left to take a HC gig.

How do you continue to throw when running is and has been your best option.

Last night was a bad coach (Hugh Jackson) calling a bad game. He showed why he was not a head coach last night and showed why he only landed an OC gig because Gruden left to take a HC gig.

They actually ran quite a bit in the first half but had 2 holding penalties, a personal foul, and 2 turnovers. And were down 24-3 early in the 3rd with the Browns then cramming the ball down their throat (52 rushes). The running game isn't going to get them back in to the game at that point.

The kid probably should tone it down a bit though:

Jeremy Hill: Browns 'not that good'
Tone it down? Why?
Really? They got embarrassed by that team at home, on national television. He just made a complete ####### fool of himself with that comment.
Really? He needs to tone it down because he told a team that they are not good? The only person who should be embarrassed is you for your over reaction to an athletes comments.

Amazing how people want athletes to kiss other peoples ###.

Browns arent good, I dont care if they are 6-3. Is Jacksonville a good team? I'm unaware, who did Jacksonville beat? Did they beat that good team Cleveland?

Last edited by a moderator:

They actually ran quite a bit in the first half but had 2 holding penalties, a personal foul, and 2 turnovers. And were down 24-3 early in the 3rd with the Browns then cramming the ball down their throat (52 rushes). The running game isn't going to get them back in to the game at that point.
They went on a pass happy attack in the final four minutes of the first half when the game was still close and want away from the run while bringing in Burkhead.

But he's right? Nothing he said is a lie?
The stuff about his team being bad was completely true, but there's no reason to say "they're not that good" and "they're probably worse than I thought, to be honest". If that's the case, then your team is really terrible.

You can say you played poorly without discrediting the other team.
Now that we have what people can and cant say based of what Humpback thinks the world will be OK.

The stuff about his team being bad was completely true, but there's no reason to say "they're not that good" and "they're probably worse than I thought, to be honest". If that's the case, then your team is really terrible.

Now that we have what people can and cant say based of what Humpback thinks the world will be OK.
:lmao:

Who owns this awful alias?

You can say anything you want and so can Greg Little. We heard a rookie RB mouth off about how much he disrespects the Cleveland Browns, ok.

One thing the rookie said that is true is the Bengals play the Browns again this year.

Before this game WR Greg Little had some words directed at the Browns.

Next time these teams face each other in Cleveland and Hill gets the opportunity to own up to what he said.

Here's some info for you: if you can start a QB at flex . . . you must start a QB at flex.
Yeah, yeah I know that. But Cam has been sucking it up lately and I'm not sure Romo is going to play. So I had to make a decision. Not that you give a crap but I'll probably flex out Lesean McCoy if Cam and Romo both go. So Hill for McCoy isn't quite so bad. Now watch McCoy go off.

You can say anything you want and so can Greg Little. We heard a rookie RB mouth off about how much he disrespects the Cleveland Browns, ok.

One thing the rookie said that is true is the Bengals play the Browns again this year.

Next time these teams face each other in Cleveland and Hill gets the opportunity to own up to what he said.
This is very true, while things usually come back to haunt those players who talk some back it up. Little did not, I have more faith Hill will.

Tone it down? Why?
Really? They got embarrassed by that team at home, on national television. He just made a complete ####### fool of himself with that comment.
Really? He needs to tone it down because he told a team that they are not good? The only person who should be embarrassed is you for your over reaction to an athletes comments.

Browns arent good, I dont care if they are 6-3. Is Jacksonville a good team? I'm unaware, who did Jacksonville beat? Did they beat that good team Cleveland?
If they're not good what does that make his team? Browns kicked the crap out of the Bengals last night. Only an utter fool would run his mouth after that performance. Shut the F up and work on protecting the ball kid.

This is very true, while things usually come back to haunt those players who talk some back it up. Little did not, I have more faith Hill will.
I've got more faith in the Browns defense at home making a rookie eat his words than your Faith in Hill.

We will see in a few weeks.

Tone it down? Why?

If they're not good what does that make his team? Browns kicked the crap out of the Bengals last night. Only an utter fool would run his mouth after that performance. Shut the F up and work on protecting the ball kid.
Not to mention when he fumbles in the game :lol:

From the guy who thought it would be all downhill for JHill after last week's performance.

Tone it down? Why?

Heard of the phrase any given Sunday?

To be fair, they both averaged the same 4.6 ypc. Hill was just doing it alongside a quarterback that couldn't do anything to sustain a drive.

It's true that the Bengals need to be at least competitive in the game for Hill to put up decent fantasy numbers, but I think you could say that about most fantasy RBs that aren't among the very top of the list (and even some that are, as guys like Lynch, Morris and Lacy aren't going to be putting up numbers in games where they trail either). This game was a big of an aberration as Dalton has never been THAT bad before. This is a team that put up 27 and 33 points to the prior two weeks so while they're prone to the occasional dud, more often than not they're going to be in the game and I think Hill is still a decent play next week if Gio is out again even in a tough matchup.

The interesting thing is that Hill still averaged 4.6ypc in a "bad" game. Gio lately has had to break off a 90 yard run to get his ypc up that high in a game.

They went on a pass happy attack in the final four minutes of the first half when the game was still close and want away from the run while bringing in Burkhead.
You mean the drive at the 4:00 mark when they had 1st and 20? They ran once and passed twice, then punted.

He's gonna be awful Thursday. I say 60 yards max...if it wasn't for that huge run he wouldn't have done anything.
This guy is going to eat crow like he participated in the mckamey manor
Yeah this guy ate so much crow....lol
I'll eat my crow...but a lot of his stats can be attributed to the flow of the game and Dalton. Besides his fumble he looked good to me.
Gio owners have blinders on. It doesn't really mater what anyone says about Hill in this forum.

Never smart to run your mouth but it shows he is emotional about football and wants to win, but thats mainly because he's a rookie and most are like that, a few jaded 8-8 years under his belt and he will be another smiling and joking vet on the sideline while being blown out. i dont own any bengals skill players this year but drafted tate/west and while the stat line might not show it this hill kid was by far the best back on the field last night.

Tone it down? Why?

So you're a tough guy?

Tone it down? Why?

So you're a tough guy?
Do you even lift?

How much relevance does Jeremy Hill's post game comments have in the vast scheme of things.

Tweet from the Browns punter Spencer Lanning provides a yardstick:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer Lanning @LanningSpencer · 5h 5 hours ago

What's a Jeremy Hill?@AroundTheNFL: Jeremy Hill says Browns are ’not that good’ and 'worse than I thought’ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000424165/article/bengals-jeremy-hill-browns-worse-than-i-thought?campaign=Twitter_atl …

Uhhh no. Hue said before the game that we would be seeing "a lot of Hill this game" with the wind conditions etc. and that was the game plan. They tried cramming it down CLE throat but they were not effective running the ball. Hill did pad his stats with a few late game rushes vs a defense that was protecting a big lead and willing to let him small gains on rushing plays as long as they didn't give up the deep ball, but make no mistake, the beginning of the game was just like the JAX game. Don't believe me?

Q1

(15:00) 32-J.Hill right guard to CIN 26 for 6 yards (92-D.Bryant; 98-P.Taylor).

(14:39) 32-J.Hill left end to CIN 28 for 2 yards (92-D.Bryant; 53-C.Robertson).

(14:07) (Shotgun) 32-J.Hill right tackle to CIN 30 for 2 yards (92-D.Bryant; 56-K.Dansby).

(10:40) 32-J.Hill left guard to CIN 29 for 9 yards (99-P.Kruger; 22-B.Skrine).

(9:03) 32-J.Hill right end to CIN 38 for 3 yards (53-C.Robertson).

(8:20) 32-J.Hill right tackle to CIN 36 for -2 yards (56-K.Dansby; 97-J.Sheard).

(7:14) 32-J.Hill left tackle to CLE 19 for no gain (90-B.Winn).

(3:35) 32-J.Hill left guard to CIN 38 for 2 yards (31-D.Whitner).

after the 1st Quarter, Hill is on pace for 32 carries!!! He is clearly the focus of the offense. But 8 for 22 isn't gonna get it done on the ground ... So far, Hill's 4.6 ypc isn't translating to the field against a fresh defense. It's a little different when you spell the starter. Despite his rather ineffective 22 yards on 8 carries with him as the focus of the offense they continue to feed him into the next quarter.

Q2

(12:21) (Shotgun) 32-J.Hill right guard to CLE 40 for 13 yards (39-T.Gipson). FUMBLES

After that Hill wasn't the focus of the offense any longer and he did manage to up his ypc avg to 4.6 by the end the game, but it wans;t going to mean much to the outcome of the game. When it counted he was not effective. It's funny how the Hill supporters can sustain the fantasy that Hue didn't go into this game wanting to run the ball. He was on pace for more than 30 carries when he fumbled. In the 2nd half there was no way they could pound it out being down so much. If you go back and look at the JAX game you will see more of the same effectiveness in the run game until he followed his block in I formation through the gaping hole for a 60 yard TD.

Uhhh no. Hue said before the game that we would be seeing "a lot of Hill this game" with the wind conditions etc. and that was the game plan. They tried cramming it down CLE throat but they were not effective running the ball. Hill did pad his stats with a few late game rushes vs a defense that was protecting a big lead and willing to let him small gains on rushing plays as long as they didn't give up the deep ball, but make no mistake, the beginning of the game was just like the JAX game. Don't believe me?

Q1

(15:00) 32-J.Hill right guard to CIN 26 for 6 yards (92-D.Bryant; 98-P.Taylor).

(14:39) 32-J.Hill left end to CIN 28 for 2 yards (92-D.Bryant; 53-C.Robertson).

(14:07) (Shotgun) 32-J.Hill right tackle to CIN 30 for 2 yards (92-D.Bryant; 56-K.Dansby).

(10:40) 32-J.Hill left guard to CIN 29 for 9 yards (99-P.Kruger; 22-B.Skrine).

(9:03) 32-J.Hill right end to CIN 38 for 3 yards (53-C.Robertson).

(8:20) 32-J.Hill right tackle to CIN 36 for -2 yards (56-K.Dansby; 97-J.Sheard).

(7:14) 32-J.Hill left tackle to CLE 19 for no gain (90-B.Winn).

(3:35) 32-J.Hill left guard to CIN 38 for 2 yards (31-D.Whitner).

after the 1st Quarter, Hill is on pace for 32 carries!!! He is clearly the focus of the offense. But 8 for 22 isn't gonna get it done on the ground ... So far, Hill's 4.6 ypc isn't translating to the field against a fresh defense. It's a little different when you spell the starter. Despite his rather ineffective 22 yards on 8 carries with him as the focus of the offense they continue to feed him into the next quarter.

Q2

(12:21) (Shotgun) 32-J.Hill right guard to CLE 40 for 13 yards (39-T.Gipson). FUMBLES

After that Hill wasn't the focus of the offense any longer and he did manage to up his ypc avg to 4.6 by the end the game, but it wans;t going to mean much to the outcome of the game. When it counted he was not effective. It's funny how the Hill supporters can sustain the fantasy that Hue didn't go into this game wanting to run the ball. He was on pace for more than 30 carries when he fumbled. In the 2nd half there was no way they could pound it out being down so much. If you go back and look at the JAX game you will see more of the same effectiveness in the run game until he followed his block in I formation through the gaping hole for a 60 yard TD.
Good info

humpback said:
Jerry Curl said:
humpback said:
Spanky24 said:
humpback said:

The stuff about his team being bad was completely true, but there's no reason to say "they're not that good" and "they're probably worse than I thought, to be honest". If that's the case, then your team is really terrible.You can say you played poorly without discrediting the other team.
:lmao: Who owns this awful alias?
Yes, it's a very perplexing stance that this guy is taking. I'm having a hard time believing he's being serious.

"That's a rookie. You can't take his word for anything other than ignorance, being a sore loser," Browns safety Donte Whitner said Friday.

Don't hold back, Whitner! LOL

"Those guys, they're not that good," he said. "It was on us [Thursday]. We gave them the game, in my opinion. They didn't do anything special. We just gave them the game. They just sat back with coverage the whole day."

If I was the reporter I would have asked, "If they were in coverage all day then why could you only manage 2.75 ypc on the ground before you fumbled in the second quarter? Of course this would have to be an interview by phone.

Has a study ever been done on avg yards per carry by quarter? I've played ff an awfully long time, and have learned to expect 8/22 kind of production in the first qtr more often than not. Obviously there are exceptions, but that seems much more normal than a high ypc start.

I'm not sure why there is so much combativeness in this thread. Hill is a darn good player. He may very well be the best back from this underrated class. Seems to have some pretty nice wiggle for a big guy, good enough speed, and good hands. Bengals got a good one. Gio has proven to be a good back too. Long term this is gonna be a timeshare IMO. Probably exactly what the Bengals were hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread