What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (1 Viewer)

Depending on how the regular season and playoffs finish up and what happens in the off-season with some of the other top RBs, I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that Hill enters 2015 as a consensus top 3 RB, both dynasty and redraft.
I guess you could argue that point in dynasty, but extremely difficult to put him up there in redraft.

Depending on how the regular season and playoffs finish up and what happens in the off-season with some of the other top RBs, I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that Hill enters 2015 as a consensus top 3 RB, both dynasty and redraft.
I guess you could argue that point in dynasty, but extremely difficult to put him up there in redraft.
Why? Gio was considered a top 5 or so RB last year and he has proved to be much better and now in Gio's roll.

Why? Gio was considered a top 5 or so RB last year and he has proved to be much better and now in Gio's roll.
I only play in ppr leagues, so since Gio is the better receiving back in Cincy and will get most of the receptions it will limit a guy like Hill vs the other all around rb's who get more touches.

Hill is an obvious stud. He's proven he has between the tackles tough elite power running with the speed to explode for the length of the field. Oh by the way he is an excellent receiver who has been underutilized in that role so far. I'm not worried about his playing-time-split with Gio...everybody has to share in today's NFL and Hill overcame Gio this season and will lead the backfield going forward. Have you seen Dalton throw? Cincy has to build and maintain an identity as a defense/running game team. The Denver game was the blueprint for the future.

Head coach isn't going to change either. Hill is a very safe dynasty value. In redraft for next year, he will be among the top 5 RB's taken. One of my best draft choices this year, Hill fell to me in the 8th round. Gonna be hard to keep him over Leveon though. Still, enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

Hill has become a good pass blocker. I think part of the reason it's taken him awhile to be tge starter is hat Hue and Marvin wanted to be sure in that end of things. The situation very much mirrors Woods/Brooks from back in the day. I drafted Gio in round 3 of my 19-teamer and was lucky to get Hill on waivers mid-year. I'd say U'm about 90% sure Hill be one of my two keepers with Lacy the other. And that's over Foster too.

-QG

Hill is an obvious stud. He's proven he has between the tackles tough elite power running with the speed to explode for the length of the field. Oh by the way he is an excellent receiver who has been underutilized in that role so far. I'm not worried about his playing-time-split with Gio...everybody has to share in today's NFL and Hill overcame Gio this season and will lead the backfield going forward. Have you seen Dalton throw? Cincy has to build and maintain an identity as a defense/running game team. The Denver game was the blueprint for the future.

Head coach isn't going to change either. Hill is a very safe dynasty value. In redraft for next year, he will be among the top 5 RB's taken. One of my best draft choices this year, Hill fell to me in the 8th round. Gonna be hard to keep him over Leveon though. Still, enjoyed the ride while it lasted.
I remember eyebrows being raised when I traded Gio and kept Hill toward the beginning of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only play in ppr leagues, so since Gio is the better receiving back in Cincy and will get most of the receptions it will limit a guy like Hill vs the other all around rb's who get more touches.
Jeremy Hill has more value than Gio in any format, PPR or otherwise. Kid is going to have a monster 2015 season, while Gio will still have value in the "Sproles role".

Jeremy Hill has more value than Gio in any format, PPR or otherwise. Kid is going to have a monster 2015 season, while Gio will still have value in the "Sproles role".
I agree that Hill > Gio. I am referring to Hill vs guys like Lacy, Charles, Shady, Bell, Forte etc.

If Gio has trade value cinncy should do it.
Why? They have a cheap running back that can take the lead role if Hill got hurt, and still has a good role in their offense. No team is paying a first rounder for him, no one is giving a second rounder for him either, if they wanted a back in the second round they would just take one that would still be on a rookie contract for longer than Gio. Gio also has shown that he gets dinged up and misses time. No one will pay an early pick for a change of pace back.

No reason they both can't have NFL and fantasy value here. They have both put up good FF stats the last two weeks with Hill as the starter while Cinci has one key games. However, Hill is the clear better buy in all formats IMO.

Very few big backs have the kind of burst and explosion left at the end of a long run to separate and run away from trailing defenders like Hill flashed with the 85 yarder against DEN.

There is little doubt he is a special RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy, but in a dynasty start up, the only back I'd definitively take before him is Bell. Then again in start ups I always draft young building blocks at the top.

Sorry I was thinking redraft. I startup I would guess roughly the same, though more likely late first portion rather than second round.

So where would everyone think he goes in terms of 2015 draft picks?
Clarify - what picks in terms of dynasty.
Do you mean to trade for him? I would say around 1.3 should get him.
That's a solid guess. I'd imagine most would still rather have Gurley and Gordon over Hill despite what he's shown in the NFL. Depending on league setup/rules maybe a WR like Cooper is valued a bit more more as well. None the less, the asking price for a hill is around 1.03 IMO.

That's a solid guess. I'd imagine most would still rather have Gurley and Gordon over Hill despite what he's shown in the NFL. Depending on league setup/rules maybe a WR like Cooper is valued a bit more more as well. None the less, the asking price for a hill is around 1.03 IMO.
I think you'd be a fool to trade hill for any of those picks, but that's just me. I prefer the bird in the hand approach.

I think you'd be a fool to trade hill for any of those picks, but that's just me. I prefer the bird in the hand approach.
Would have to agree, unless you aren't a Hill believer. Why take the bust risk of a player that hasn't played in NFL vs a guy that has shown he can be the lead back of a run first team. Maybe Cooper if you think he is a surefire top 10 dynasty WR.

I think it is more than a bird in the hand approach. Dude is on pace for an all time great rookie season.

I've got my projections at;

Gio

191 carries, 821 yds, 6 TDs

80 targets, 60 receptions, 540 yds, 2 TDs

Hill

215 carries, 967 TDs, 9 TDs

20 targets, 14 receptions, 112 yds, 0 TDs
Actual finish. Gio

168 carries, 686 yds, 5 TDs

59 targets, 43 receptions, 349 yds, 2 TDs

Hill

222 carries, 1124 yds, 9 TDs

32 targets, 27 receptions, 215 yds, 0 TDs.

PPR finishes

Hill RB11, RB15 in PPG

Gio RB16, RB12 in PPG

Finally using them correctly. Hill should have 300 carries next season and Gio 60 catches. Both will have fantasy value. Albeit skies the limit for Hill.

I think you're gonna see more carries out of Bell but you'll see Gio lining up a lot in the slot. Hopefully a good game for both of 'em.

-QG

CIN's best chance to earn a first playoff win for Marvin Lewis is to pound it and pound it and pound it with Hill until IND pukes. Than pound it some more.

For all the love Gio got this summer here, it's been very impressive what Hill has been able to accomplish

Don't see Hill going in the top 3-5 RB in re-draft. We'll find out in two weeks when the FBG Winter Survivor League drafts kick off. I'm expecting Charles, Murray, Lynch, Forte, Lacy, and Bell to be selected first.

Don't see Hill going in the top 3-5 RB in re-draft. We'll find out in two weeks when the FBG Winter Survivor League drafts kick off. I'm expecting Charles, Murray, Lynch, Forte, Lacy, and Bell to be selected first.
don't you think forte, murray, and lynch carry substantial risk to be drafted that high this early?

Kool-Aid Larry said:
BassNBrew said:
don't you think forte, murray, and lynch carry substantial risk to be drafted that high this early?
Lynch - Best RB in the league right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJszOE3WnRg If Seattle is stupid enough to cut him teams will be lining up to hold his ####.

Murray - I don't see much risk drafting a back int he running for MVP.

Forte - Still talented and a true all down back.

BassNBrew said:
Tatum Bell?

So, what you're saying is that Hill's 2014 output was all clearly a ploy to motivate Giovanni Bernard?

Fair enough. *marks checkbox*

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Hill rushed 13 times for 47 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Wild Card loss to the Colts.

He wasn't targeted in the passing game. Hill ran strong on the Bengals' first two drives, taking the rock eight times for 36 yards and a touchdown. He was mothballed thereafter, though a second-half leg tweak may have played a part. Either way, Hill was never announced with an injury, and should have received at least twice as many touches in a game where the Bengals' passing attack didn't have a prayer. The disappointing end shouldn't cloud what was a highly-impressive rookie season. Hill was the league's best first-year runner, averaging 5.1 yards on his 222 carries for a cool 1,124 yards. Extremely tough between the tackles, Hill extends runs with excellent vision. He has the potential to be a foundation back for years to come, and will be in the first-round mix in 2015 fantasy drafts.

Jan 4 - 4:35 PM

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Hill - RB - Bengals
Jeremy Hill played just 21 snaps in the Bengals' Wild Card Round loss to the Colts, while Giovani Bernard played 41.
This was the product of game flow and OC Hue Jackson's disappointing abandonment of his run game after the first quarter. Jackson also disappointed in 2014 from the standpoint that he was unable to get Hill and Gio on the field together. One concern on Hill's 2015 outlook will be Gio's presence in passing situations. It could render Hill a bit game-flow dependent.

Source: Coley Harvey on Twitter
Jan 5 - 1:21 PM

Cowher just noted when Hill gets 15+ carries, CIN is 5-1.
The Cowboys made the same mistake with Murray for a few years, then they figured out that the winning formula includes pounding him into the ground. The Bengals should be doing that with Hill on his rookie contract, especially in a playoff game. Instead they outsmarted themselves and tried to be something they aren't - a pass first team.

The Cowboys made the same mistake with Murray for a few years, then they figured out that the winning formula includes pounding him into the ground. The Bengals should be doing that with Hill on his rookie contract, especially in a playoff game. Instead they outsmarted themselves and tried to be something they aren't - a pass first team.
he got hurt and limped off the field...

he got hurt and limped off the field...
I'm surprised how little attention this has got. I'm not saying it was serious but my guess is that since they were behind and were playing catch up and wanted to be passing that Hill just never came back on but anything I've read just compares the snaps and touches without ever mentioning Hill never came back in.

Users who are viewing this thread