What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (3 Viewers)

Hill owners really need to worry if you had not already. Gio looks like the much better RB. Cincy is winning so Hill will still get touches, but you have to think coaches seeing the film each week will notice what everyone else in the world is seeing. Gio is far and away outplaying Hill.

Always liked Hue, he's a player's coach and while he said the right things in that article, I believe he means it when he says he will keep utilizing Hill based on previous success.

I just wonder how this rubs against the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mindset given how successful the Bengals are with the players who got them there.

I think it means Hue wants Hill to still split carries evenly with Gio -- not that he will return to a full feature back role.

CIN #3 among Gil Brandt's best young NFL position groups.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562432/article/jets-dline-jaguars-wrs-among-best-young-position-groups

It's rare to have two running backs on one team who could each succeed as a starter, but that's what the Bengals have in Bernard and Hill. Last season, Hill (222 carries, 1,124 yards, nine rushing touchdowns) out-produced Bernard (168 carries, 680 yards, five rushing touchdowns) on the ground. This season, that split has been reversed, with Bernard (77 carries, 427 rushing yards, two rushing touchdowns) out-doing Hill (74 carries, 232 rushing yards, five rushing touchdowns). Either way, the Bengals' 10th-ranked running attack has contributed to the team's 6-0 start.

Bernard (5-foot-9, 205 pounds) is a compact guy, but he's probably a better all-purpose back in that he can catch the ball well -- a Tony Dorsett type. Hill, who can also catch, is a big, strong guy with speed. He might have put on a few extra pounds this season, as he doesn't look quite as quick as he did last year, but I'm not worried about him, just because he has great ability. His game is suited to colder weather, when it's harder to pass, and I could see him picking things up as the season goes along. After all, 929 of his yards in 2014 came after Week 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I haven't been following hill much other than seeing that he is obviously not what fantasy players thought he would be this season. That said, I'm intrigued in him as an Ideal buy low candidate.

I just lost foster for the season and I have plenty of good Wrs. Thinking of offering up Cobb or obj for hill.

Not looking for trade advice. Just looking for opinions of my brethren who HAVE been following the hill/Bernard/cincy situation more cloy than I have.

Am I see this clearly? It seems like hill has nowhere to go but up from here on out. Cold weather coming. Bengals will likely rely on the run more. He's the bantering ram and the gl back. And to his credit, while the yardage and the snap counts aren't there yet, he has 5 tds on the season, which in pretty sure ranks highly this year in the Rb pool.

Good buy low?

Eta: his schedule also looks pretty favorable too. A couple of tough matchups but for the most part he faces middling or poor run defenses rest of the way.

So, I haven't been following hill much other than seeing that he is obviously not what fantasy players thought he would be this season. That said, I'm intrigued in him as an Ideal buy low candidate.

I just lost foster for the season and I have plenty of good Wrs. Thinking of offering up Cobb or obj for hill.

Not looking for trade advice. Just looking for opinions of my brethren who HAVE been following the hill/Bernard/cincy situation more cloy than I have.

Am I see this clearly? It seems like hill has nowhere to go but up from here on out. Cold weather coming. Bengals will likely rely on the run more. He's the bantering ram and the gl back. And to his credit, while the yardage and the snap counts aren't there yet, he has 5 tds on the season, which in pretty sure ranks highly this year in the Rb pool.

Good buy low?

Eta: his schedule also looks pretty favorable too. A couple of tough matchups but for the most part he faces middling or poor run defenses rest of the way.
I have owned Hill and Gio for the past few years and I am pretty bullish on him the rest of the season. He cannot play any worse than he has, and I feel that the Bengals are going to begin to lean on the running game soon. There will be weeks when he does poorly, but I am seeing many good things ahead for him. I would definitely make a deal this week, as it will be too late soon. You are crazy to offer Cobb or ODB for him. If the Hill owner does not have Gio, his value has to be pretty low right now.

I have a glut of WRs with OBJ, ARob, Moncrief, Cobb, Diggs and then Dez coming back soon.

My RB situation is OK but not great with Martin, Stewart, Gore and Blount.

I contemplated offering Moncrief for Hill but figured that'd be a low ball offer. Would Cobb for Hill make sense in my situation?

I have a glut of WRs with OBJ, ARob, Moncrief, Cobb, Diggs and then Dez coming back soon.

My RB situation is OK but not great with Martin, Stewart, Gore and Blount.

I contemplated offering Moncrief for Hill but figured that'd be a low ball offer. Would Cobb for Hill make sense in my situation?
I would offer Diggs and then Moncrief next. Do not give up Cobb, he is going to blow up.

For everyone's knowledge, I offered Cobb for hill and the hill owner said he was set at wr. He asked for eifert instead. So I can move eifert for hill rt now if I wanted. Which I'm not completely opposed to doing. Eifert has been great but hill is only 10 Pts behind him in standard scoring and if you believe that hill will only get better than he should easily out score eifert going forward.

For everyone's knowledge, I offered Cobb for hill and the hill owner said he was set at wr. He asked for eifert instead. So I can move eifert for hill rt now if I wanted. Which I'm not completely opposed to doing. Eifert has been great but hill is only 10 Pts behind him in standard scoring and if you believe that hill will only get better than he should easily out score eifert going forward.
Yes....Eifert is the same as Hill except he is a TE. You have no idea when he is going to have either a good game or a clunker and that will not change. With Hill, if Gio gets hurt or even nicked up for a few games, you are sitting on a goldmine!!!

Any word on his knee injury?

He's looked like a different, worse back, all year. If he's back to old form he might be a back half monster.

He's looked like a different, worse back, all year. If he's back to old form he might be a back half monster.
He has a knee injury???
It was mentioned in the thread before as why he hasn't looked the same. Not sure how it was so quite. Nothing serious. Maybe the bye was enough to get 100%.

He has a knee injury???
It was mentioned in the thread before as why he hasn't looked the same. Not sure how it was so quite. Nothing serious. Maybe the bye was enough to get 100%.
I think it's a combination of the knee and the fumbles- he's much more hesitant now than he was last year, almost like he's thinking too much about holding onto the ball instead of just running.

Yes....Eifert is the same as Hill except he is a TE. You have no idea when he is going to have either a good game or a clunker and that will not change. With Hill, if Gio gets hurt or even nicked up for a few games, you are sitting on a goldmine!!!
Bernard isn't the reason he has been terrible this year. If he gets hurt I don't see how that will make Hill play better.

Bernard isn't the reason he has been terrible this year. If he gets hurt I don't see how that will make Hill play better.
Eh...I am thinking that he will round back into form. He has not played bad in every game, if Gio is out he will be getting 20 plus touches. Even if he is playing below average, in that offense you are looking at fantasy gold.

Those arent buy lows
Exactly. If people are getting him at cheap prices now, knock yourself out. No idea why you would be trading top talent for him as if the 1st 7 weeks didn't happen though.
:goodposting:

If you are going to trade players such as OBJ you would likely be better off trying to move that player for Bernard who is playing great than you would be trading for Hill.

Most "experts" don't value Bernard fairly so whoever has him in your league might not either. Seems like a better buy to me than Hill.

The schedule does get easier due to Cleveland and Texans coming up so these may be favorable game scripts for Hill. Perhaps the 49ers as well. The two games against the Steelers more likely to favor Bernard because of the Steelers offense. The Cardinals, Rams and Broncos will be difficult defenses and games that more likely favor Bernard.

In one of my dynasty leagues he was moved for Diggs straight up. Interesting trade since the guy giving up Diggs needs WR help more than he needs RB.

On the fence between Hill and DLewis this week. Concerned about Lewis' injury, but if he plays I think I have to roll him out. Pittsburgh has a strong run D, so this is definitely shaping up as a Gio game.

Hill for diggs in redraft ok but dyno no thanks
Hill for a guy that was on waivers a weeka ago? Pass.
haha obviously you haven't watched diggs play nor own him.. Guys a stud.
People said the same things about Patterson and Johnson too. I'm pumping the brakes when it comes to a Vikings WR that looks good.
Except neither of those guys accompliced yet in their entire careers what diggs has accomplished in 3 games. This logic will lead to missed opportunities. And clearly it has already as you have missed the boat on a season changing wr off the wire.

People said the same things about Patterson and Johnson too. I'm pumping the brakes when it comes to a Vikings WR that looks good.
Except neither of those guys accompliced yet in their entire careers what diggs has accomplished in 3 games. This logic will lead to missed opportunities. And clearly it has already as you have missed the boat on a season changing wr off the wire.
Actually, I didn't since I only play in dynasty leagues. I'm not saying he is those guys. Just saying there have been 2 Minnesota WRs in recent years who people have paid highly for that haven't exactly panned out.

Actually, I didn't since I only play in dynasty leagues. I'm not saying he is those guys. Just saying there have been 2 Minnesota WRs in recent years who people have paid highly for that haven't exactly panned out.
People said that about Patterson? He's been a dynamic return but I don't think people loved his his ability as a WR.

Sorry haters. No matter how hard you cross your fingers, Hill isnt going anywhere.

ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey said the team is "committed" to using Jeremy Hill despite his early-season struggles.

Hill has averaged more than four yards a carry in just one game and has two fumbles in 74 attempts. Giovani Bernard has averaged more than 4.75 yards per carry in all but one game and offers more than Hill in the passing game. Still, Hill is the better early-down and short-yardage option, and he showed enough in his rookie campaign for the Bengals to give him quite a bit of leash. Hill and Bernard will continue to share work, but Hill is the better weekly bet for touchdowns.

Sorry haters. No matter how hard you cross your fingers, Hill isnt going anywhere.

ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey said the team is "committed" to using Jeremy Hill despite his early-season struggles.

Hill has averaged more than four yards a carry in just one game and has two fumbles in 74 attempts. Giovani Bernard has averaged more than 4.75 yards per carry in all but one game and offers more than Hill in the passing game. Still, Hill is the better early-down and short-yardage option, and he showed enough in his rookie campaign for the Bengals to give him quite a bit of leash. Hill and Bernard will continue to share work, but Hill is the better weekly bet for touchdowns.
The good thing is it was his last game.

I think I'm coming around to the fact that Hill not only isn't going anywhere, but he could prove to be a huge value for those who acquired him before the bye.

Both Gio and Hill may both be startable...even on the same fantasy team. Something I'm debating this week w/ byes and injuries adding up.

Nice 2nd round "hope" at this point. Wasted draft pick, hope he can regain last year's form. If only Gronk had fallen a few more picks...damnit

Not worried at all. If my team sucked though I would probably be panicking so I get the fear and frustration from some in here. A balanced team can remedy any slow start. Still a believer in Hill and apparently so are the Bengals.

Not worried at all. If my team sucked though I would probably be panicking so I get the fear and frustration from some in here. A balanced team can remedy any slow start. Still a believer in Hill and apparently so are the Bengals.
Yeah, if they are saying it in the media, it must be true.

Users who are viewing this thread