What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (2 Viewers)

It's more likely he's being limited either by some type of injury or lack of confidence or something than pulling a Trent Richardson in the span of 8 months. So my bet is he bounces a back. I'd be trading for him in dynasty leagues.

Keith1 said:
mikel0254 said:
Both Gio and Hill may both be startable...even on the same fantasy team. Something I'm debating this week w/ byes and injuries adding up.
I have been doing this for weeks. Too difficult picking which one will go off, week after week.
Exactly why I bit the bullet and dropped Hill. If he goes off later in the season I have no regrets because it gives me peace of mind. It also allows me to play better weekly options based upon matchups instead of blindly inserting a guy that was supposed to be a stud and FBG's keeps promoting higher than anybody should.

Keith1 said:
mikel0254 said:
Both Gio and Hill may both be startable...even on the same fantasy team. Something I'm debating this week w/ byes and injuries adding up.
I have been doing this for weeks. Too difficult picking which one will go off, week after week.
Exactly why I bit the bullet and dropped Hill. If he goes off later in the season I have no regrets because it gives me peace of mind. It also allows me to play better weekly options based upon matchups instead of blindly inserting a guy that was supposed to be a stud and FBG's keeps promoting higher than anybody should.
Certainly he hasn't played like his owners expected so far but he's still the #24 RB in my leagues. Benchable for the time being? Sure. Droppable? No way, IMO. Good offense/team that loves to run the ball and wants him to get to where he was last season. I think patient Hill owners will be rewarded...

Who did you drop him for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe they are not running more with a back who is averaging 5.5 yds per carry. Ugh

Or, trust Andy "big game" Dalton.

Easy choice imho. Over coaching in this one.

Weird game.

The Bengals had averaged 410 total yards and 30 points per game over the 1st 6 weeks. Dalton throws a couple interceptions and the offese has 309 yards and 16 points.

If Ben doesn't throw 3 interceptions himself the Bengals might have lost this game. Even without Ben they have been scoring 24 points per game.

Can't believe they are not running more with a back who is averaging 5.5 yds per carry. Ugh

The digs on Dalton are getting old and are unfounded. This isn't the Dalton of previous years.

The digs on Dalton are getting old and are unfounded. This isn't the Dalton of previous years.
He looks better for sure. I still they're going to want to take some pressure off of him as weather gets colder and get closer to the playoffs.

Not worried at all. If my team sucked though I would probably be panicking so I get the fear and frustration from some in here. A balanced team can remedy any slow start. Still a believer in Hill and apparently so are the Bengals.
Yeah, if they are saying it in the media, it must be true.
Right before your eyes amigo if you are willing to look. Today is proof positive.

georg013 said:
massraider said:
georg013 said:
Not worried at all. If my team sucked though I would probably be panicking so I get the fear and frustration from some in here. A balanced team can remedy any slow start. Still a believer in Hill and apparently so are the Bengals.
Right before your eyes amigo if you are willing to look. Today is proof positive.
Hill had more touches, however I don't know if today was a great endorsement for Hill going forward. Game flow dictates their usage. The offense has been much better all year with Gio as the primary guy. Today, Cincy had their worst game offensively and what was the one thing that was different? Gio was somehow forgotten about. This year when Cincy is down, in hurry up or looking to get better flow it has been with Gio.

Hill had some nice runs today but at the end of the day it was a sub par day. 15 carries for 60 yards for a 4 ypc average and 1 reception for 8 yards. For Hill owners it is a good sign that they want to get Hill going. But for Cincy as a team they may want to evaluate what is their best play going forward.

georg013 said:
massraider said:
georg013 said:
Hill had more touches, however I don't know if today was a great endorsement for Hill going forward. Game flow dictates their usage. The offense has been much better all year with Gio as the primary guy. Today, Cincy had their worst game offensively and what was the one thing that was different? Gio was somehow forgotten about. This year when Cincy is down, in hurry up or looking to get better flow it has been with Gio. Hill had some nice runs today but at the end of the day it was a sub par day. 15 carries for 60 yards for a 4 ypc average and 1 reception for 8 yards. For Hill owners it is a good sign that they want to get Hill going. But for Cincy as a team they may want to evaluate what is their best play going forward.
You can't be this bias.

georg013 said:
massraider said:
georg013 said:
Hill had more touches, however I don't know if today was a great endorsement for Hill going forward. Game flow dictates their usage. The offense has been much better all year with Gio as the primary guy. Today, Cincy had their worst game offensively and what was the one thing that was different? Gio was somehow forgotten about. This year when Cincy is down, in hurry up or looking to get better flow it has been with Gio. Hill had some nice runs today but at the end of the day it was a sub par day. 15 carries for 60 yards for a 4 ypc average and 1 reception for 8 yards. For Hill owners it is a good sign that they want to get Hill going. But for Cincy as a team they may want to evaluate what is their best play going forward.
You can't be this bias.
How so?

The difference in the offense was clearly that Dalton had his worst game of the year. Hill looked good.

The difference in the offense was clearly that Dalton had his worst game of the year. Hill looked good.
Hill was decent today, and Dalton was bad; I am not disputing that.

Here is what I am getting at though. Gio is under appreciated in the shark pool specifically by the Hill owners. When Gio is in the game Cincy looks more dangerous and dynamic because of his versatility. He is running extremely well inside and outside. He also poses a much larger threat than Hill as a receiving back and they will line him up and go empty set and actually throw to him. This versatility opens up other things on O. The D has to account for a lot more when Gio is in the game.

This is not last year running the ball Hill we are talking about. We are talking about you saying it was a good game out of Hill who just averaged 4.0 ypc.

Tool said:
georg013 said:
massraider said:
georg013 said:
You can't be this bias.
How so?
Hill looked pretty good today. Everything in your post ignored that and spun it to your preconceived notions.
People keep saying this. Hill had some nice runs today like a starting NFL rb should have, but at the end of the day it was just an ok game for him.

Hill was the main rb, he played good and they won again against a good team and division rival on the road.

I think Carter is overestimating the desire (and need) to put up 500 yards of offense.

:lmao:

OK. No need to continue if you can't be objective. Continue your crusade in the Gio thread, then.
I am not being objective?

You say Hill looked good today, while I said he looked decent. Both of those are subjective. The only thing objective we can go by is stats and in NFL and in fantasy Hill's numbers were both below average. Am I missing something?

OK. No need to continue if you can't be objective. Continue your crusade in the Gio thread, then.

You say Hill looked good today, while I said he looked decent. Both of those are subjective. The only thing objective we can go by is stats and in NFL and in fantasy Hill's numbers were both below average. Am I missing something?
Yes. It was a big win for Cin.,this win and Hills contribution (fantasy #'s aside) as part of the game plan bodes well for his use moving forward.

Yes. It was a big win for Cin.,this win and Hills contribution (fantasy #'s aside) as part of the game plan bodes well for his use moving forward.
Hill is always going to be a part of the game plan but some games more than others.

I have been on record from the summer that Hill is being overrated due to playing alongside a very good RB in Gio. Keep in mind Hill was in the discussion for being the first rb taken in dynasty drafts and he was drafted in the 1st round in pretty much all redrafts this year. So at this stage he has underperformed greatly. I do think Hill by himself with a chance to develop an all around game would be studly. He had a historic run last year that proved he has that ability. He has a rare combo of speed and power and a chance to develop as a good check down option out of the backfield.

I also think Gio has a chance to be a very good all around stud RB. Both guys value for the time being is limited by playing along side each other. Gio at the present time is a more versatile RB and has outplayed Hill so far this year. Keeping in mind this is not hate against Hill, it is what the numbers and film have shown. I know that Hill still at any stage can have a monster game (s) as he has that ability. Hill is also viewed as the prototypical rb to carry larger loads due to his size, however I think that guys have proven you don't have to be 230 plus pounds to be feature guys.

I appreciate that, in such a close game, they continued to give Hill the ball. Furthermore, he was able to a reach that 4.0 ypc we measure all RBs against. You see, Jeremy Hill was set to be buried on the depth chart with Gio being the guy going forward. But alas, Hill was leaned on today giving hope to Hill owners. Forgive us if we dont want every positive immediately met with a negative.

Hill did well ..... Yes, BUT

They still have confidence in him.... Yes, BUT

He averaged over 4.0 ypc.... Yes, BUT

Thats all

duaneok66 said:
true, but he isn't going to have 16 great games.

people love to criticize with the same old narrative.
Nope. Running game was working. Dalton wasn't. It's really that simple boys. Without the Ben error, they lose because they should have been running it more ... Not because of the ginger haired kid.

Hill was decent today, and Dalton was bad; I am not disputing that.

Here is what I am getting at though. Gio is under appreciated in the shark pool specifically by the Hill owners. When Gio is in the game Cincy looks more dangerous and dynamic because of his versatility. He is running extremely well inside and outside. He also poses a much larger threat than Hill as a receiving back and they will line him up and go empty set and actually throw to him. This versatility opens up other things on O. The D has to account for a lot more when Gio is in the game.

This is not last year running the ball Hill we are talking about. We are talking about you saying it was a good game out of Hill who just averaged 4.0 ypc.
He was averaging 5.0 ypc until their last drive, when everyone and their mother knew they were going to run the ball.

Hill was decent today, and Dalton was bad; I am not disputing that.Here is what I am getting at though. Gio is under appreciated in the shark pool specifically by the Hill owners. When Gio is in the game Cincy looks more dangerous and dynamic because of his versatility. He is running extremely well inside and outside. He also poses a much larger threat than Hill as a receiving back and they will line him up and go empty set and actually throw to him. This versatility opens up other things on O. The D has to account for a lot more when Gio is in the game.

He was averaging 5.0 ypc until their last drive, when everyone and their mother knew they were going to run the ball.
Not good enough. Especially with guys like Gurley running wild.

This week, his usage was encouraging. Hopefully Thursday against the worst run D in the league, his stats will be encouraging.

It's either Hill or CJ this week with Charcandrick on BYE. Thinking I've gotta go with Hill though. Here's to a resurgence for both!

Rotoworld:

Bengals OC Hue Jackson said "the arrow is pointing up" on Jeremy Hill.

Hill has yet to break out on a per-carry basis, but he has at least 15 carries in each of the last two games against tough defensive fronts. He also out-touched Giovani Bernard 16-3 last week and played two more snaps than the passing-down back. The Cincinnati backfield will be a timeshare all season, but Hill is finally getting enough work to be in the RB2 mix. He is a must-start this week against the Browns barely-there run defense.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Hill has been an afterthought in DFS circles during a very up-and-down year, but this week's match-up with the Browns is a great opportunity for him to explode. Hue Jackson clearly wants to get him more involved since he'll be an important piece of their potential playoff run, and the Browns league-worst run defense will provide a perfect chance to give Hill a heavy workload. Cleveland is allowing over 130 yards on the ground to opposing RBs this year.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter

Nov 3 - 12:54 PM

Anybody starting Hill tomorrow? :D

I have him on the bench but im tempted to put him in. If i bench him i have to start Murray, Lacy or Mike Evans in my flex. The Bengals like to toss the ball around too much lol.

Anybody starting Hill tomorrow? :D

I have him on the bench but im tempted to put him in. If i bench him i have to start Murray, Lacy or Mike Evans in my flex. The Bengals like to toss the ball around too much lol.
FWIW: I am starting Hill (with little confidence) over Dion Lewis (in PPR, no less). You have gotta love the matchup, but Hill has given us no reason to trust him.

Starting him with some degree of confidence over Woodhead in 0.5 PPR. Great matchup and they clearly want to use him. Also, Jackson has historically been pretty trustworthy in terms of telegraphing how he plans on using his RBs.

Ugh I'm so tempted to start him but it would be at the expense of Deangelo which seems crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread