What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (1 Viewer)

Hill 3 catches 187 total yards 3 tds

Freeman 9 catches 340 total yards 1 td

Freeman outscoring hill in every scoring system except td only.

But, yeah, other than those minor details, they are uncannily alike.  

Hill is pretty awesome for weeks when average scores should be a Win.

When ya need the higher ceiling type plays, its usually not happening..

Freeman is kind of a bad example, because I like Coleman better  (not watched em all too much)

My first run-through of stats and situations indicates Thursdays matchup with the Dolphins has a high probability of being a 'Gio game'...anybody else see anything indicating one way or another?

Hill is pretty awesome for weeks when average scores should be a Win.

When ya need the higher ceiling type plays, its usually not happening..

Freeman is kind of a bad example, because I like Coleman better  (not watched em all too much)
By any measure of consistency, if being on the roster with a young talented back like Gio moots Hill as a #1 RB and even starter, the presence of Coleman (who has done even better this year) makes Freeman roster crud. Roster junk. Roster detritus. Roster trash (the impact was just delayed a year due to multiple injuries - which are rigorously and scrupulously accounted for in the case of three games of Gio in 2014, but not Coleman in 2015).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's revisit in a few weeks after the schedules somewhat even out. Freeman was awful against the only not-terrible defense he's faced so far.
That would be awesome if Freeman could play NO each week (for instance, just in the next three weeks he gets CAR, than both DEN and SEA away). Owners will have to wait until week 17.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG/Falcons

Meanwhile, Coleman vulturing 3/4 of their combined TDs on MNF doesn't bode well for the near, intermediate or long term future of Freeman. Roster crud. Roster junk. Roster detritus. Roster trash. 

* Didn't see any crowing about Freeman being a must start after two bad games BEFORE the third game, only after. If only lineup decisions could be made with hind/foresight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My first run-through of stats and situations indicates Thursdays matchup with the Dolphins has a high probability of being a 'Gio game'...anybody else see anything indicating one way or another?
There's really no way of telling how it's going to shake out obviously, but I'd lean towards the opposite- home game, short week, Cincy is favored, etc.

Let's revisit in a few weeks after the schedules somewhat even out. Freeman was awful against the only not-terrible defense he's faced so far.
Ok.  Will you count weeks where you started hill or  all his weeks?  Hill was awful until he played denver.  I assume you started him vs denver because you knew he would have his best game of the year but i mean all those other guys who didnt start him probably started him week 1, maybe week 2, then benched him for his week 3 explosion.  

Seeing as how a big part of my point has been that hes very difficult to put in your lineup each week, i would love it if you'd post in the game thread each week before the game if you're starting him but obviously thats not as fun as your plan where you choose an indeterminate number of weeks in the future to declare victory because hill temporarily caught up in total scoring on the season and until then say it's just that the schedules haven't evened out.  Ironically, you're responding to me, but i was responding to bob who picked this weekend in the few hours after hill played but before freeman did to declare hill a success and repeatedly mention freeman as a bust.  

Ok.  Will you count weeks where you started hill or  all his weeks?  Hill was awful until he played denver.  I assume you started him vs denver because you knew he would have his best game of the year but i mean all those other guys who didnt start him probably started him week 1, maybe week 2, then benched him for his week 3 explosion.  

Seeing as how a big part of my point has been that hes very difficult to put in your lineup each week, i would love it if you'd post in the game thread each week before the game if you're starting him but obviously thats not as fun as your plan where you choose an indeterminate number of weeks in the future to declare victory because hill temporarily caught up in total scoring on the season and until then say it's just that the schedules haven't evened out.  Ironically, you're responding to me, but i was responding to bob who picked this weekend in the few hours after hill played but before freeman did to declare hill a success and repeatedly mention freeman as a bust.  
Yeah, all I said was we should wait before declaring any "winner" here especially considering the disparity in schedules, but I'm not interesting in engaging you and your  :loco:  again.

humpback said:
There's really no way of telling how it's going to shake out obviously, but I'd lean towards the opposite- home game, short week, Cincy is favored, etc.
Might not be worth trying to predict a "Gio game" considering last week was supposed to be a "Gio Game."

Some of the Hill detractors in here are hilarious! A full paragraph telling us why Hill is so awful. Who cares. Your opinion won't change anyone's mind. Use your hot air to fill balloons for kids! It will make a difference there! Hill for President!!!

Any more thoughts on Hill vs. Gio this week.  I own both in a .5 PPR league and am hoping I can pick the right guy to start this week.  

Any more thoughts on Hill vs. Gio this week.  I own both in a .5 PPR league and am hoping I can pick the right guy to start this week.  
Bengals are seven point favorites, as some one said there's really no way to really know but it would seem to be in Hill's favor.

I actually like hill vs miami tonight.  Miami uses the wide 9 a lot which leaves them vulnerable to big backs.  It will be interesting to see if the dolphins adjust.  If they tighten up when hill comes in the bengals may use more gio, whose presence would encourage them to start with their ends wide and linebackers closer in.  

I actually like hill vs miami tonight.  Miami uses the wide 9 a lot which leaves them vulnerable to big backs.  It will be interesting to see if the dolphins adjust.  If they tighten up when hill comes in the bengals may use more gio, whose presence would encourage them to start with their ends wide and linebackers closer in.  
If this isn't a Hilil game I don't know what is.

At home, Thursday night game, MIA D useless, could see Miami turning ball over, positive game script, etc.

Now watch Gio go bezerk. On my bench.

It's Hill or Ware for me.  I think I'd lean more toward Hill if it wasn't a Thursday night game. A 4 pt game from your running back on a Thursday makes you already feel defeated for three days. Stupid thinking, I know. But that's me. 

If this isn't a Hilil game I don't know what is.

At home, Thursday night game, MIA D useless, could see Miami turning ball over, positive game script, etc.

Now watch Gio go bezerk. On my bench.
I agree. If this isn't a Hill game I'm not sure what is.  Tannehill is prone to turning the ball over and I could see this game getting away from Miami which would lead to more volume. The Bengals should be motivated after getting pummeled at home by Denver. I'm hoping for 80+ yards and a TD tonight.

I was listening to Jene Bramel who is a Bengals fan and he made an important point about the offensive philosophy not being just Hue Jackson's doing. They were splitting between RB even before Hue Jackson joined the team. This is the way Marvin Lewis wants the offense to be managed.

So as far as a new OC changing that, I think there may be some minor differences, but Zampese will be running the offense the way Jackson wants, which is likely more of the same.
not sure if this is true of marvin.  his teams have often featured workhorse backs.  he ran rudi johnson straight into the ground with over 350 touches for 3 years in a row.  then he leaned heavily on cedric benson who averaged over 20 touches a game for 3 years in a row despite a very competent backup in bernard scott on the team.

ofc, it can be argued that he has changed as gio ate heavily into bjge role after bjge dominated the backfield touches the previous year.

rather, I think marvin just uses what he has.  gio and hill both have some talent and situational expertise.  marvin istn dumb enough to ignore that.

Literally every time I have started hill this year so far he has screwed me and every time I benched him he screwed me by being awesome.  

I expect him to truck...as the Dolphins defense will be so worn out by the end of the 3rd quarter if the offense keeps going 3 and out.

Users who are viewing this thread