What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (2 Viewers)

Maik Jeaunz

Footballguy
surprised there isn't a thread about this already: Fargo (TV series)

given FX's track record of putting out decent shows, I'm looking forward to this one. pretty good cast involved too:

• Billy Bob
  • Martin Freeman (Bilbo)
  • Glen Howerton (DENNIS FREAKIN' REYNOLDS!)
  • Bob Odenkirk (as a deputy, no less)
with who's involved, I figure this should at least get a tryout. oh yeah, you betcha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious because of the star power. Just wondering what they could possible do with it though. The movie was pretty cut and dry.

I'm curious because of the star power. Just wondering what they could possible do with it though. The movie was pretty cut and dry.
The Coen Brothers are very comfortable with "loosely based".

The original movie opened with: "THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred."

They proceeded to tell a fictional story loosely inspired by a murder in Connecticut.

I could be wrong, but I'd assume the only things this show will have in common with the movie are the title, the writers, it'll be cold, and some people will die.

I'm way behind on shows I'm watching but I'll put it on the DVR.

Haven't started Ref Road yet, is that any good?

WIll give it a whirl, but not expecting much. Seems hard to recreate the vibe that made the movie great (slooooooooooowly) and still make interesting tv.

On the other hand David Lynch did a good job of it in Twin Peaks (at least the first season) by liberally sprinkling bat-####-crazy...

If dey have a wood chipper in dat-der show, am I in? You betcha. Might have to get da wife to watch it wit me in front of da TV while we're eatin' our hot dish and drinkin' a pop!

^ Only half trying to be funny...as dat-der is pretty much how all doze Andersons and Olsons talked around where I grew up...ya know.... :hey:

If dey have a wood chipper in dat-der show, am I in? You betcha. Might have to get da wife to watch it wit me in front of da TV while we're eatin' our hot dish and drinkin' a pop!

^ Only half trying to be funny...as dat-der is pretty much how all doze Andersons and Olsons talked around where I grew up...ya know.... :hey:
Wisconsin?

NetnautX said:
datonn said:

Wisconsin?
No way. Minn-ah-SOOOOO-tah all da way! Them Sconnies can go jump in da lake! :P

NetnautX said:
datonn said:

Wisconsin?
Minnesota, Wisconsin. You're all friggin' Canadians.

NetnautX said:
datonn said:

Wisconsin?
Minnesota, Wisconsin. You're all friggin' Canadians.
^ Take off, you hoser! Who let you in here, eh?! :hey:

All the characters are different so I don't think it's going to be the same story.

Then again Lester Nygaard seems like he might be a lot like Jerry Lundegaard and Molly Solverson is obviously the replacement for Marge Gunderson.

Looking forward to it.

My original thought was to stay far away from it.

And then I saw Dennis Reynolds is in it. And the guy from Sherlock. And Billy Bob with ridiculous hair. And Key & Peele. And Bob Odenkirk.

Yeah, I'm in.

I heard an interview with Billy Bob where he said that if there is a season 2, it'll be all-new characters, True Detective/American Horror Story-style.

Kind of excited to check this out.

TheIronSheik said:
FX has a pretty good track record with shows. They're not all hits, but most of them are pretty good, IMO.
This another reason why Im thinking it should be at least worth watching.

SmoovySmoov said:

And then I saw Dennis Reynolds is in it. And the guy from Sherlock. And Billy Bob with ridiculous hair. And Key & Peele. And Bob Odenkirk.

Yeah, I'm in.
Martin Freeman? He's done a couple of non Sherlock things in his career.

SmoovySmoov said:

Yeah, I'm in.
Martin Freeman? He's done a couple of non Sherlock things in his career.
I know that. But that's what I like him best in, so it's my mental image of him.

Pretty good. Definitely worth keeping it in the rotation. Billy Bob was pretty awesome.

The female police officer was pretty good. Pretty sure she'll be passed over for chief. Thornton's character reminded me a bit of Chigurh. Not sure that's sustainable in a semi-believable way for a season.

Best parts were the female officer tackling the kid, and the salesman running full speed into the basement wall. :lmao:

Watched about 15 minutes of this. Lots of good (well directed and amazing actors) but the characters and writing (aside from Billy Bob) annoyed the #### out of me so turned it off. Too much of the Minnesota stereotype that the movie, IMO, already played out and most of the characters didn't feel believable at all to me with what they said or did.

That said, I will definitely give this another shot- could've been my mood last night... the people involved in this are too good to give up on without at least watching the whole pilot.

Watched about 15 minutes of this. Lots of good (well directed and amazing actors) but the characters and writing (aside from Billy Bob) annoyed the #### out of me so turned it off. Too much of the Minnesota stereotype that the movie, IMO, already played out and most of the characters didn't feel believable at all to me with what they said or did.

That said, I will definitely give this another shot- could've been my mood last night... the people involved in this are too good to give up on without at least watching the whole pilot.
You tuned out too early. They really ramped it up in the 2nd half of the show. The hammer to the top of the head was awesome.

You tuned out too early. They really ramped it up in the 2nd half of the show. The hammer to the top of the head was awesome.
They really left some open things to explore with

The scenes with the guy and the bank of phones talking to Billy Bob
Also, the intro about this being a completely true story were :lmao:

Loved the first episode.

BTW, the accents are pretty good. I work with a lady who grew up near Bemidji and she has a real hard "doncha know" accent.

Users who are viewing this thread