Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maik Jeaunz

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!!

yeah, i see you welfare cheats out in front of the dollar stores, selling the hypos you get at the needle exchange, the DVDs you steal from the libraries & lollies you get for being good @ the free clinic. i see it all -

We're in trouble here. Enemies are at the gates - inside the gates! Fornicating with our cookware!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I checked it out from the library.  Streaming services like Vudu have it for purchase/ rent. 

Hulu should have it shortly.

Season 4 to come sometime in 2019. Chris Rock is a lead:

“I’m a fan of Fargo and I can’t wait to work with Noah,” Rock said in a statement released during the Television Critics Association summer press tour. Specifically, he can’t wait to head up one of two warring Kansas City crime families—one black, the other Italian—in 1950. As you may remember, the Kansas City Mafia played a major role in the show’s second and best season, the primary antagonists to the Gerhardt family and employers of Fargo all-star Mike Milligan. Here, the underworld that mafia runs will be thrown into disarray when their leader unexpectedly dies during a routine surgery, complicating a peace previously brokered in an exchange of eldest sons, which leaves Rock’s character raising his enemy’s kid as his own.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Pretty surprised. I recently read an article that hinted the show may not return. 2019 kinda blows, but I’m glad it will be back. 

5 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

SA-WEET! :thumbup:

Never would have thought of Chris Rock & Fargo but I like it! 

Started watching on Hulu. Finished season 1 and started season 2. Great show.

In season 1, episode 9 I think, was The Greek sitting in Lou's coffee shop? It's when Lester sneaks out the back to make the phone call to report his wife being shot. It looked like The Greek was sitting at a table. When I saw that, I thought he'd play a role but they didn't show him again so maybe it wasn't him.

Easily one of the best TV series ever made. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Returns April 19th on FX, and will be available next day on Hulu

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Remember Carrie Coon in season 3 where automated sensors ignored her?  I had that this week in a conference.  I couldn't get the automated sinks or towel dispensers to do anything for me all week.  I assumed everything was broken, but as the week went on, I saw others use pretty much all of the sensors.  I was invisible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Never finished season 3, was it good?

It was perverse. Snaggletoothed Brit waxing corrupt, mostly. Since S4 hops to a gangwar in KC, i wouldn't worry about not being able to connect the dots if you dont pony up streamdough to catch up

5 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Never finished season 3, was it good?

It was the weakest out of the bunch but those first two seasons are hard to top.  I enjoyed it.  It's surely no True Detective season 2.  

1 hour ago, The General said:

Season 4 trailer looking good.

:goodposting:

Rescheduled:

The 11-episode season will kick off with a two-episode premiere on Sunday, September 27 at 10 PM EST on FX.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

is my DVR correct that there are two new episodes on Sunday?

first one starts at 8, ends at 9:23 and then a second one with a different description starts at 9:23 and goes until 10 (:30?)

Edited by mr. furley

41 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

is my DVR correct that there are two new episodes on Sunday?

first one starts at 8, ends at 9:23 and then a second one with a different description starts at 9:23 and goes until 10 (:30?)

That's what mine shows as well.

• Like 1

my guide has the double header going from 9pm-10:23/10:23-11:45pm EDT, both repeated directly afterward and @ 11pm on Monday, Tuesday & Saturday with Ep3 a wk from Sunday @ 10pm

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 2

:excited::popcorn: 

• Like 1

Shouldn't have watched in one sitting.

Really like it, got a little lost at one point but I think I was dozing out.   

Will need to rewatch!!!

• Thanks 1

Delicious. Delicious in a way that movies used to be. Remains to be seen whether it will be candy delicious or souffle delicious, but i'm very excited to spend the season finding out.

• Like 2

That was some of the best TV I've seen in a while.

I enjoyed episode 1.

I am not a real big fan of Chris Rock acting. I love his stand up and I may be having a hard time differentiating the two. 

• Like 2

Only watched the first episode so far. I seem to disagree with everyone else here. To me, it wasnt riveting tv. 

Is there any connection to any other seasons? I want to try to get my wife to watch but she has not seen any others yet:

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

Is there any connection to any other seasons? I want to try to get my wife to watch but she has not seen any others yet:

We haven’t watched these ones yet, but the prior seasons could be watched by themselves without losing anything, though there were usually some subtle easter eggs and references to the other ones. They basically take place in the same “universe” but you won’t be completely lost if you start anywhere. I’d start from the beginning anyway if that’s possible, though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kutta said:

I think Season 2 has some references to the KC syndicates, etc but she'd be fine just starting here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prosopis said:

I enjoyed episode 1.

I am not a real big fan of Chris Rock acting. I love his stand up and I may be having a hard time differentiating the two. 

I've been really impressed with Rock.  I was expecting his usual loud schtick but I've really enjoyed the more subdued character.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'm sure there are some subtly tie ins somewhere where internet people notice etc 

But as a regular viewer no, you don't.  Tbh, I don't remember a lot of previous seasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kutta said:

i get the feeling that the black truce-adoptee might be the great Mike Milligan of S2, the 2nd best character of the whole series.

• Like 5

After the first 2 episodes I'm of the mind that its ok, not great. I loved s1 and s2. S3 not as much. 

Something just not sitting right with me. Maybe the pacing. Maybe Rock. Not sure.  Finding it slow. Hopefully I start to feel it after ep3

Edited by falguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

i get the feeling that the black truce-adoptee might be the great Mike Milligan of S2, the 2nd best character of the whole series.

That's a good call on Milligan being the adoptee.  So many great, quirky characters on this show.  Lorne Malvo ranks #1 for me but I'd probably give VM Varga the edge over MM.  

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a34170152/fargo-season-4-potential-villain-return/

Edited by Major
  • Like 1

Some interesting setups, but episode 2 was a little slow.. 

No obvious connections to previous seasons..

Well, except ....  "ACES!!" :) 

Edited by snogger
  • Laughing 1

24 minutes ago, Major said:

That's a good call on Milligan being the adoptee.  So many great, quirky characters on this show.  Lorne Malvo ranks #1 for me but I'd probably give VM Varga the edge over MM.  

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a34170152/fargo-season-4-potential-villain-return/

didnt know til your link that the Irish former-adoptee who cares for the present adoptee up in the attic is named Milligan. thx - that seals it.

Watched both episodes today.   good stuff with great character development.  IMO

Love the story line.  

Stupid question....

I'm watching on FX online and both episodes have repeated the exact same scene?  (Handoff between the Italians and blacks in E1/ shooting up the car outside the hospital in E2)..... I'm usually pretty observant on things like this.....but if it's not a glitch in the presentation, what's the point of it in the storytelling?