What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (2 Viewers)

JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
Elevator scene :jawdrop:
Why not kill Lester then and there rather than going back to Minnesota to do just that?
He asked Lester to help him with the bodies...then Lester ran off on him, sealing his fate.

I think Malvo just likes messing with Lester at this point too. Lester has quite a body count on his head now.
So if he would have helped him on the elevator, then what? He pals around with him? They become partners in crime? That doesn't seem like Malvo's style.
I think Malvo would have let Lester walk away again if he'd helped with the clean up. Lester has already witnessed two murders committed by Malvo and knows about the first murder in the spree, so what's three more?
So he was punishing him for not helping? Seems a bit much. Either kill him or don't.

JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
Why not kill Lester then and there rather than going back to Minnesota to do just that?
He asked Lester to help him with the bodies...then Lester ran off on him, sealing his fate. I think Malvo just likes messing with Lester at this point too. Lester has quite a body count on his head now.
So if he would have helped him on the elevator, then what? He pals around with him? They become partners in crime? That doesn't seem like Malvo's style.
I think Malvo would have let Lester walk away again if he'd helped with the clean up. Lester has already witnessed two murders committed by Malvo and knows about the first murder in the spree, so what's three more?
So he was punishing him for not helping? Seems a bit much. Either kill him or don't.
Where's the fun in that? Malvo's like a cat.

Lester should have just walked away as soon as he noticed Malvo. He went from lacking confidence to being over-confident.

What was the tape recording of that Malvo was listening to after the party?

Aces
he was recording his interactions with Lester from way back in the first episode
That was not Lester on that tape though...
woops, thought it was Lester, guess he just records everything to amuse himself with it later
In an earlier episode we saw the inside of the briefcase with multiple different names on multiple tapes. I just assume Malvo records everything, just for kicks.

Slapdash said:
Jaysus said:
Amazing episode. They telegraphed the wife dying from a mile away. Why did Lester send wife into shop if he suspected a hit on him? Did he actually want her dead?
Yes. After all, he only printed a single one way ticket to Acapulco
Whoa
I haven't gone back and re-watched, but I think he printed a couple of those. I recall noticing it at the time because when he pressed print, the printer was already going -- which means either that the printer is psychic, or that we saw him hit print for the second document.

Slapdash said:
Jaysus said:
Amazing episode. They telegraphed the wife dying from a mile away. Why did Lester send wife into shop if he suspected a hit on him? Did he actually want her dead?
Whoa
I haven't gone back and re-watched, but I think he printed a couple of those. I recall noticing it at the time because when he pressed print, the printer was already going -- which means either that the printer is psychic, or that we saw him hit print for the second document.
There is a layover in Houston so he would need a second boarding pass for that, right? Here is the whole scene: link.

Homer J Simpson said:
Slapdash said:
Jaysus said:
Whoa
I've never flown with another person. Do they put two people on the same ticket?
My wife and I just booked something on Southwest and the tickets were separate.

JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
He asked Lester to help him with the bodies...then Lester ran off on him, sealing his fate.

I think Malvo just likes messing with Lester at this point too. Lester has quite a body count on his head now.
That or whacking him across the head when Malvo wasn't looking.

JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:
JB Breakfast Club said:
Ned Ryerson said:

That or whacking him across the head when Malvo wasn't looking.
#### lester: link

So many levels of awesome,even the little scenes .Him telling the guy who bought Lester`s house about the killings and ghosts just to scare the kids...if anyone doesnt understand BBT`s character by now you never will. Simply killing people is boring to him...he needs to play with peoples minds first.

for shows currently on TV, this is up there with GoT for me...1a & 1b. Billy Bob is absolutely crushing his character.

loved it when Key & Peele commended the preggo cop on her work right in front of the chief, and he fumbled for words as usual.

This show has gotten better and better. It feels like no one is watching it though... I can't find anyone else at the office who is watching it. Mention something that happened on Walking Dead and the entire Sales office will get into a debate about it. :lol:

I would watch a whole "prequel" series about Malvo.

You could name it "Aces".
that would actually be a great spin off
He said he had been working the dentist (brother of the guy in witness protection) for 6 months. That means he had to convincingly come up with a "dentist" persona good enough to actually practice dentistry, find a fiance, a house (complete with a vinyl record collection) just to get close to this guy to get to the brother. And then he threw it all away in the elevator... Aces...

Oh, and I wonder if he took the ring back from his hot fiance before dumping her body?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would watch a whole "prequel" series about Malvo.

You could name it "Aces".
that would actually be a great spin off
He said he had been working the dentist (brother of the guy in witness protection) for 6 months. That means he had to convincingly come up with a "dentist" persona good enough to actually practice dentistry, find a fiance, a house (complete with a vinyl record collection) just to get close to this guy to get to the brother. And then he threw it all away in the elevator... Aces...

Oh, and I wonder if he took the ring back from his hot fiance before dumping her body?
Unless he always was a dentist...

Given his preternatural con-man/people-killin' skills, you gotta think that he's just going after 100k bounties for fun.
Pretty much. I assume he made more than that by playing a dentist for 6 months.

If it was about the money, he'd just be a friggin' dentist. :shrug:

This may be the best series in terms of acting and production value I've seen since Band of Brothers. Incredibly well done. Impatiently awaiting the finale. No clue where this is going to go.

I'm off to buy a jet or a fjord...

Why do they call it Fargo when it takes place in Minnesota? Same for the movie.
Part of the movie took place in Fargo, right?
Not that I remember it didn't.
Wikipedia says Fargo is where he hired the kidnappers.
Yes.

Green highway signs point the way to MOOREHEAD, MINNESOTA/FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA. The roads for the two cities diverge. A sign says WELCOME TO NORTH DAKOTA and another just after says NOW ENTERING FARGO, ND, POP. 44,412. The car pulls into a Rodeway Inn. HOTEL LOBBY A man in his early forties, balding and starting to paunch, goes to the reception desk. The clerk is an older woman. CLERK And how are you today, sir? MAN Real good now. I'm checking in - Mr. Anderson. The man prints "Jerry Lundega" onto a registration card, then hastily crosses out the last name and starts to print "Anderson."...
http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fargo.html

Wow, watched the first nine episodes this weekend. I love the pace of the show it never got boring even watching them back to back like that.... Really, looking forward to the finale

Fennis said:
Wow, watched the first nine episodes this weekend. I love the pace of the show it never got boring even watching them back to back like that.... Really, looking forward to the finale
I thought the 2nd episode was slow compared to the 1st episode...but after that i just settled in and enjoyed the ride...love the characters ...awesome show

Users who are viewing this thread