Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 minute ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Jacoby Brissett was a freshman on the 2011 National Championship team.   The Florida Gators were coached by Urban Meyer.  The Gators beat Ohio State.  

redshirt?

6 minutes ago, loco370 said:

nope, he scored 4 TD's that year in relief...2 passing 2 rushing...Google is your friend...

apparently not....

1 hour ago, Rove! said:

See!  I'm not crazy.....thought I was being confused by the seasons wrapping into the next year

Is it crazy to think this guy has value this season with the streaming possibilities out there? What are those of you who drafted Ebron doing with him as of now? Holding? Already dropped him? I'm inclined to think that JB will lean heavily on the TE at some point. But that could easily be false and that TE could easily be Doyle. Is there hope? 

16 minutes ago, Dondante said:

Is it crazy to think this guy has value this season with the streaming possibilities out there? What are those of you who drafted Ebron doing with him as of now? Holding? Already dropped him? I'm inclined to think that JB will lean heavily on the TE at some point. But that could easily be false and that TE could easily be Doyle. Is there hope? 

With funchess on ir I like him a lot more than I did earlier in the week.  And that's coming from a dynasty owner who was ready to throw in the towel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

With funchess on ir I like him a lot more than I did earlier in the week.  And that's coming from a dynasty owner who was ready to throw in the towel.

Good point. Thats a decent team with a stellar O-line. I tend to think he's a better option - or at least just as good - as the WW fodder as it stands right now. And if Mack has any consistency from week to week those underneath routes are going to open up and you'd think the goal line as well. 

Ebron is healthy and he played 40% of snaps.  Doyle played 68% of snaps.  Those snap count totals probably aren't going to change unless there is an injury.  It's hard imagining Ebron doing much with Brissett at quarterback and that few snaps.  A tight end with 40 catches and 6 touchdowns is borderline worthless.

Edited by Don Hutson

Someone dropped him in my redraft. I already have Hooper and Waller so I think I'll stand down.

I was disappointed with the target share.  But I will wait a few weeks to see how everything shakes out.  Week 5 I will re-evaluate. For now I am holding.   

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, Don Hutson said:

Ebron is healthy and he played 40% of snaps.  Doyle played 68% of snaps.  Those snap count totals probably aren't going to change unless there is an injury.  It's hard imagining Ebron doing much with Brissett at quarterback and that few snaps.  A tight end with 40 catches and 6 touchdowns is borderline worthless.

Ebron can`t block so Doyle will most likely continue to get most of the snaps.  

Eric Ebron caught 3-of-4 targets for 25 yards and one touchdown in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Titans.

Ebron was gifted an easy score near the goal-line when the Colts' used a fancy shovel pass to scheme open their tight end. With the Jacoby Brissett at quarterback, Ebron will be even more touchdown-dependent in fantasy because he's only seen three and four targets in his first two games. Next week's matchup with the Falcons at home is a good one, but he's still only a TE2.

Edited by The Frankman

Eric Ebron caught 1-of-5 targets for a 48-yard touchdown in the Colts' Week 4 loss to the Raiders.

Ebron saved his fantasy day with his garbage time touchdown, but three of his missed connections were drive-killing drops. Speaking afterward, Ebron used an expletive to describe his performance. Ebron now has just eight catches for 128 yards and two touchdowns at the season's quarter pole. Especially today without T.Y. Hilton, the Colts have needed more. Despite his Week 4 misadventures, Ebron will be an upside TE2 for Week 5 against the Chiefs.

Sep 29, 2019, 5:34 PM ET

Eric Ebron caught 4-of-5 targets for 70 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 7 win over the Texans.

Ebron provided two highlight plays in the span of about five minutes, first hurdling a Texans defender to pick up a first down after catching a crosser, before later capping the drive off with an absurd one-handed catch in the back of the end zone from four yards out. The Texans struggled to stop Ebron, T.Y. Hilton and Zach Pascal alike on crossing patterns for most of the afternoon. Continue to treat Ebron as a touchdown-dependent low-end TE1 for next week’s home matchup against the Broncos.

Edited by The Frankman

Eric Ebron caught 5-of-12 targets for 56 yards in the Colts’ Week 10 loss to the Dolphins.

Ebron had a chance for a short touchdown on the offense's first drive, but had the pass ripped out of his hands for an interception. The offense did seem to make an effort to get him more involved after the TE complained to the media about his lack of reps earlier this week, and Ebron responded in crunch time with a tough 23-yard catch late in the fourth quarter. Still, both Ebron and Brian Hoyer failed to come through for most of the afternoon. It’s tough to expect much of anything out of this passing offense while Jacoby Brissett (knee) remains sidelined. Treat Ebron as a touchdown-dependent TE2 in Week 11 with our without the Colts’ starting QB.

Edited by The Frankman

Eric Ebron caught 4-of-5 targets for 44 yards in the Colts' Week 12 loss to the Texans.

Ebron's ankle might have remained an issue, as Pro Football Focus charted him as playing barely 40 percent of the Colts' snaps for the second consecutive week. Embarrassingly, Ebron still led the Colts in both catches and yards. Jack Doyle's 28 came in second in the yardage department. Ebron now has 10 days to heal up for next week's hosting of the Titans. He will be better treated as a TE2 than TE1 for that one.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:12 AM ET