What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Charles Sims, Buccaneers (1 Viewer)

Overreaction to the Denver game is surprising. He looked the part just the week before against a solid Rams D. 
Sadly this is a moot point now but I tend to agree and as we now know the Denver game he even got hurt which impacted his performance.

But I will admit, and I'm someone that was high on Sims this year with respect to I viewed him as a usable RB3(PPR of course) with giant upside in event of Martin injury with special consideration given to fact he got Saints in weeks 14 and 16. I was wrong and not just because he got hurt and showed poorly against Denver.

In week one he got less a percentage of snaps vs Martin than any game last season. Then leading up to the game in week two we read stuff from Tampa where they wanted to involve Martin more in the passing game, which would have to come at Sims expense. Then Martin got hurt so we never got to see it unfold. But after the poor Denver game Koetter was quick to throw shade on Sims with his comment regarding that went something along the lines of putting RB's in position they are best suited, which was another way of saying Sims was not an every down back, that's how I interpreted it anyway.

So my point? Even though I agree people over reacted to the Denver game, where again he got hurt on top of it being a difficult matchup, I do think that it might be a situation were Sims was more of a Lovie guy than a Koetter guy. So my gut feeling is even if Sims had not got injured we were going to see Martin assume a bigger role than what we saw last season and at the expense of Sims.

practicing allegedly.  and only a d martin injury away from ??  even w/o that, i think he will be involved.

dropped ty montgomery for a late season lotto ticket.  can play week 14 if all goes well, but gets NO x2 and SD's 27th ranked run D.

Time to scoop in you think he's going to have value weeks 14-16.
I guess folks feel Doug Martin is the worst starting RB in the NFL? He is just cast aside the second folks hear Sims may be back...ask why anyone is even looking here...Greed.

if Martin is OUT I guess I Understand but Sims is coming off injury...Week16? If you make it to the Final 4 or FBowl and you ar considering Sims to start on a one week look at how smart I am move...you do that Week 5 or 8 but not in playoff weeks, you must have a stronger team that.

just my feelings

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess folks feel Doug Martin is the worst starting RB in the NFL? He is just cast aside the second folks hear Sims may be back...ask why anyone is even looking here...Greed.

if Martin is OUT I guess I Understand but Sims is coming off injury...Week16? If you make it to the Final 4 or FBowl and you ar considering Sims to start on a one week look at how smart I am move...you do that Week 5 or 8 but not in playoff weeks, you must have a stronger team that.

just my feelings
While I respect your opinion mop, and iirc you're a TB homer so you know more... as a martin owner last year he ran a lot but was was allergic to the endzone and simms was vulturing.  not that far featched.  and most would agree that martin is less than durable.

but, now jacquizz is also back in the mix.

and in a 14 team league that drafted AP in round one, yes some of us are RB desperate.   RB powerball on a good team.

MOP is a Dolphins' fan. 

The entire Bucs' offense was end zone anemic last year. The current Bucs' offense has no real passing game or change of pace option in the backfield. That's what Sims' role is and exactly what it would be if he returns. 

TB suddenly finds themselves in the playoff hunt. The offense has been much improved with Martin on the field. They go to another level if Sims is also an option. 

Sims could be a nice flex play against the remaining teams on the schedule assuming he's involved at his designated role. 

I've got two playoff bound PPR teams that are in serious trouble at RB. Would be really swell if he came back as he's a nice solid PPR play.

Sims has nothing to do with Doug. He's basically a wide receiver trapped in a Rb's body. Him and Doug are on the field together all the time. 

If you are playing Sims it's because you are in a PPR league. If he's healthy and on the turf I would play him if needed. 

Sims activated. Anyone have the guts to play him tomorrow?

With Booker and Jennings as my options (PPR) I'm seriously thinking about it.

Anyone able to find the final snap count total from the Week 15 game vs the Cowboys?

FBGs is incomplete.

Watching on & off, it seems like maybe Martin was in there on some typical Sims 3rd downs?

Tea leaves saying Martin gone. Obviously good news for Sims owners but what is everyone's feelings/expectations headed into next year? I don't see them going after FA but certainly draft. Where would he fall in a rookie/FA draft today?

Tea leaves saying Martin gone. Obviously good news for Sims owners but what is everyone's feelings/expectations headed into next year? I don't see them going after FA but certainly draft. Where would he fall in a rookie/FA draft today?
I have him in both my leagues, and I'm searching for an early 2nd but I doubt I get it after gauging interest from others.  His value is going up due to the rumors about them leaving Martin but there aren't a lot of optimistic people on Sims.  Best you could do is add him as a throw in I'd guess. 

I'm guessing a zero-RB guy might spend a 3rd on him. When healthy he projects to be the lesser part of a RBBC. Has yet to look either (1) good enough or (2) durable enough to be a lead back.

Sims isn't much more than a passing down back.  If they don't restructure Martin they will certainly sign someone in free agency and probably draft someone as well.  If you can sell him to someone thinking he may be the lead guy in 2017 I'd do it immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread