What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Charles Sims, Buccaneers (2 Viewers)

So what should we forecast for Sims 1st NFL game?

Can we expect Atl to put up points and fast? Resulting in the Bucs using their "passing down" back..

Personally Im considering starting both Sims and Evans..

But Ive missed on a few sure things this yr. too

expect no less than 25 total touches, 150 rushing yards, 100 receiving yards, 3 total TD's, and potentially a passing TD and a few passing yards. I see TB getting revenge on ATL this week for their embarrassing loss earlier in the year. They'll want to rub it in by running a trick play where sims throws a TD pass to Evans or Glennon

expect no less than 25 total touches, 150 rushing yards, 100 receiving yards, 3 total TD's, and potentially a passing TD and a few passing yards. I see TB getting revenge on ATL this week for their embarrassing loss earlier in the year. They'll want to rub it in by running a trick play where sims throws a TD pass to Evans or Glennon
:lmao: :lmao: Glennon reference is the best part.

Rotoworld:

Charles Sims (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
Sims returned from short-term I.R. last week, but was inactive for Sunday's loss. Barring a setback, he's expected to make his debut in Week 10 against Atlanta.

Nov 5 - 4:36 PM

Good work bringing this thread back down to earth Grahamburn.
Back to earth? He took it to hell. Is there no middle ground? Damn.
Sorry. He might not even play. :lol:
Ian R. Rapoport , NFL Network, Sports Reporter
#Bucs will activate rookie RB Charles Sims today, source says. He’ll play Sunday. :lmao:

On a serios note though...anyone starting him this week is in desperation mode. Hoping for the best!
How'd he do?

Buck Bradcanon said:
shady inc said:
:lmao: :lmao: Glennon reference is the best part.
Yeah I don't think it's going to be a TD if he throws it to Glennon.

Too bad he didn't play last week, even just to get a few carries or a single catch. Timeline got pushed back a week. You are really just watching to see how he does, how he is used, and how he responds in practice next week after the game before you can start with any confidence, unless you have no other options in which case you risk another zero. He is still limited in practice so I just can't see throwing him on my starting lineup even with inj/bye week issues.

I don't really have an option this week. Was hoping that Jennings would be back to give me some flexibility, but with Bradshaw, Oliver, and Richardson all on bye, I literally have no other options.

:popcorn:

i have to start him as well (unless i get mason off sunday morning waivers). is there a reason sims was only limited yesterday? would have thought/hoped he was a full participant. is the ankle still limiting him?

I decided to pick up Montee Ball for CJl0K (who was a one week fill in). So now it's Sims or FJax if he can get healthy for me. I was also really wanting them to play him a little last week. I'm not expecting much now.

Rotoworld:

Bucs coach Lovie Smith "expects" Charles Sims (ankle) to make his NFL debut against the Falcons.

Sims was activated for Week 9, but was declared inactive. With Doug Martin (ankle) unlikely to suit up, Sims is expected to back up Bobby Rainey versus Atlanta. We wouldn't expect Sims to get more than 6-8 touches, but he could earn bigger workloads going forward with an impressive performance.

Source: Roy Cummings on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not caught my normal break this season. Maybe Sims will be it. Seemed like it was going to be Oliver but that bubble burst as quickly as it filled.

Assuming he plays (and who knows what Lovie will do after last week) here's what I would see as reasonable floor and ceiling for Sims. I'm not going to project TDs or anticipate the possibility he looks amazing and the Bucs keep feeding him:

Floor: 4-5 rushes 20-25 yards, 2-3 catches 20-25 yards (6-8 points in PPR)

Ceiling: 10-12 rushes 40-45 yards, 4-5 catches 25-30 yards (10-12 points PPR)

Of course he could also put up something like 2-8 rushing with 0 catches. But with two bad defenses you'd think there'd be plenty of passing and Sims is really good as a receiver so it stands to reason that if he does play the Bucs would want to throw him a couple of passes at least.

I have not caught my normal break this season. Maybe Sims will be it. Seemed like it was going to be Oliver but that bubble burst as quickly as it filled.
Same with me. I've moved on from Oliver and hoping now to catch lightning in a bottle with Sims.

Assuming he plays (and who knows what Lovie will do after last week) here's what I would see as reasonable floor and ceiling for Sims. I'm not going to project TDs or anticipate the possibility he looks amazing and the Bucs keep feeding him:

Of course he could also put up something like 2-8 rushing with 0 catches. But with two bad defenses you'd think there'd be plenty of passing and Sims is really good as a receiver so it stands to reason that if he does play the Bucs would want to throw him a couple of passes at least.
Wouldn't this be his floor?

I can't see him playing more than 10 snaps this Sunday to get his feet wet. But if he looks alright, a full RBBC next week

Yeah but I really don't think that happens. We had reports last week that if he played he was going to get double-digit touches. So assuming those reports had any merit at all I think he's a good bet to get 6-8 or so at least. James got 4 last week as Rainey's backup and he isn't the receiver Sims is. That's the other point - Sims' strength right now is in the passing game. So if he is active it seems only logical that he'd get a couple of passes thrown to him at the very least. So if he gets the same number of rushing attempts James got last week (4) and a couple of catches that would get him to a floor of around 6 touches.

I'm obviously just speculating and absolutely could be wrong. But I don't think 6-8 touches is a heavy workload by any stretch so I don't think it's unrealistic to see him getting at least that many.

My guess is that Sims gets about 10 touches. I do not expect much this week but hope that Sims shows some explosiveness and has the potential to play as well or better than Rainey and Martin. Unfortunately, I do not expect Sims to look fantastic and take over the RB role in TB. At best, I hope he splits time 50/50 with Rainey.

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the expectation is that Charles Sims will "probably" play in Week 10 against Atlanta.
Sims is listed as questionable with his ankle injury. The fact that it's not even a given he'll suit up for the game suggests he's still not 100 percent, and shouldn't be in any fantasy lineups, even as a dart throw. Expect Bobby Rainey to pretty clearly handle feature back work for at least one more week.

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Nov 7 - 2:35 PM

Yeah but I really don't think that happens. We had reports last week that if he played he was going to get double-digit touches.
Where? I have a tough decision this week between playing with Boobie or Sims, normally that would be an easy decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
@gregauman: .@martinjlm Bucs' Lovie Smith on RB Charles Sims today: "If we have him up this week, I’ll be pretty excited to see exactly what he can do."

@LukeEasterling: Should see around 10-12 touches. RT @AdamSchefter: #Bucs rookie RB Charles Sims will make his NFL debut today.

Hmmm...

Do I want to take my chances on 10-12 touches for sims vs atl or 10-15 touches for taliaferro vs tenn?

Grrr I hate this!! Lol

One thing I can see that might go in sims' favor is game script. If atl starts carving up tb again and sims is the pass catching Rb he could see much more work than Rainey.

@gregauman: .@cornbleet Rainey is starting, but with Martin out, Sims is No. 2 RB. Score dictates run/pass balance, but I see 10-plus touches for Sims.

Rotoworld take:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Charles Sims (ankle) will play Sunday against the Falcons.

Sims is listed as questionable, but is fully expected to make his NFL debut in a change-of-pace role behind Bobby Rainey. Look for him to see 6-8 touches with an opportunity to earn an increased role over the final two months of the season.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 9 - 10:06 AM

The Tampa Bay Times sees 10-plus touches for Charles Sims in his NFL debut Sunday.
It's a lofty projection for a rookie who has been on IR/return all season. But the 1-7 Bucs reportedly see Sims as more than a third-down back, Doug Martin is inactive and Mike James is only the No. 3 back. A large part of this projection will be based on game flow and the performance of Bobby Rainey, who has had some ball security issues but is fully expected to get at least 15 touches. Sims is a must-own right now for rest-of-season upside, but he's only a RB3 kind of flier against the Falcons Sunday.

mnmplayer said:

Yeah but I really don't think that happens. We had reports last week that if he played he was going to get double-digit touches.
Where? I have a tough decision this week between playing with Boobie or Sims, normally that would be an easy decision.
Fred Jackson active

Boobie might be deflated

Sims become my start

Users who are viewing this thread